First time Triple A gamer with a couple questions

• '22 '16

Hi folks, 
    My gaming group has decided to try out Triple A to play this awesome game.  So we are all new to this format.  I had a couple questions. 
    Question 1:  We will have 5 players playing is that able to be done with triple A?

Question 2: Should every one have an AA.org account?

Question 3: When PBF does everyone have to input all the emails and url in the triple a software?

Question 4: When the turn posts to the forum does it automatically attach the map file?  And when its the next persons turn do they open the attached map?

Question 5: How are casualties chosen?  by the attacker?

I know some of these are probably really simple to answer but i"ll admit it I’m a NOOB.  Thanks for the help.  I guarantee i’ll have more stupid questions.

• 1. Yes.
    2. Yes. You need to enter your forum login-name and password in order to be able to post your turn under your (nick-)name.
    3. The person who sets up the game (normally the one who goes first) can input all mail-addresses of the players. But it is no problem to add mail-addresses later. Don’t forget to register them with the dice server before.
    4. There is a checkbox “Attach savegame”. The next player downloads the file from the forum and loads it in TripleA.
    5. Under “normal” circumstances yes. It has to be done reasonably and carefully. In some cases you may want to ask your opponent about his OOL (Order Of Loss) before.

HTH - and do not hesitate to continue asking  :-)

• '22 '16

Thanks a bunch Panther!  I cant wait to get our first game going!!!

• '16 '15 '10

I’d recommend practicing with the software on your own and on the live lobby, where you can also observe games.  When you start the game, advise your group to practice their move by loading the file in “Start Local Game” mode before loading the file in “PBEM/PBF” mode.  This way, the game is enhanced by less errors as you get used to the software.

• '22 '16

@Zhukov44:

I’d recommend practicing with the software on your own and on the live lobby, where you can also observe games.  When you start the game, advise your group to practice their move by loading the file in “Start Local Game” mode before loading the file in “PBEM/PBF” mode.  This way, the game is enhanced by less errors as you get used to the software.

Thanks for the advice!  I started playing a couple games on my own already.

A few more questions:

1: Am I able to setup email notifications to all the players when a turn is posted and how?  Or do people need to periodically check the forum thread?

2: Is there a feature in the game that tells you what units are in each territory, more specifically seazones?  I am having trouble distinguishing between the ships.  Mostly cruisers and battleships.  Or is there a cheat sheet of the unit pictures?

3: What prevents someone from rolling out combat not liking the results so they reload the game and run the rolls again?  I’m not worried about my group but just wondered when playing strangers.  Most people on the forums are really great and really helpful but you do get the occasional d-bag.

• @majikforce:

A few more questions:

1: Am I able to setup email notifications to all the players when a turn is posted and how?  Or do people need to periodically check the forum thread?

2: Is there a feature in the game that tells you what units are in each territory, more specifically seazones?  I am having trouble distinguishing between the ships.  Mostly cruisers and battleships.  Or is there a cheat sheet of the unit pictures?

3: What prevents someone from rolling out combat not liking the results so they reload the game and run the rolls again?  I’m not worried about my group but just wondered when playing strangers.  Most people on the forums are really great and really helpful but you do get the occasional d-bag.

1. If you play by forum the players check the forum. But every player receives the mails from the dice server. This of course is an indication that something has happened. Only if you play by Mail the players recieve the turns by mail and are informed this way.

2. If you start TripleA and have the map on the screen you will see some information on the right side. Just klick on “Territory” and use the mouse to hover over the territory you want to know more about. The information and units are presented on the right side of the screen then. Being there, hover the mouse over the unit then. You will see all information concerning that unit including the name. I recommend to take a screen shot from the purchase-units screen, though. With the help of this image you can easily distinguish between the units at any time.

3. This is why you register your emails with the dice server. You will get emails with the rolls then. This way you can be sure that no one cheated.
    And: TripleA has a history mode (Menu Game-Show History). Everything that happened is presented to you and can be reproduced - and compared when using the results from the dice server.

(Leave history mode via Menu Game-Show current game)

HTH  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m