• I was reading the newspaper today and this was from the Associated Press:
    “The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is advising people to temporarily disable the Java software on their computers to avoid potential hacking attacks.
    …. Experts believe hackers have found a flaw in Java’s coding that creates an opening for criminal activity and other high-tech mischief.”

I believe the only program on my computer that uses Java is Triple A. Should users of Triple A be concerned about this?
    I’m not a high-tech person, so what could a hacker access through Java?

• Customizer

Oracle fixed the issue a while ago, and released a new version of java with the fixes.

update your copy of java, or use the version of triplea that includes java in it

• Well Homeland Security need to be updated if Oracle fixed the problem a while ago!
    I installed the latest version of Triple A w/Java within days after it was available…should I be ok now?

• the patch was incomplete.
    https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/incomplete-java-patch-paved-way-latest-zero-day-mess-011113

Disable Java from you internet browser, there is no reason to remove it from your computer AFAIK
    so TripleA will still work.

• Customizer

the issue only had to do with the interaction between your internet browser and java, so if you are actually paranoid enough you could disable java in your browser (without disabling it on your computer in general)

also, fyi: at any given moment there are hundreds of vulnerabilities on your computer, and twice as many if you are using windows

unless you are an iranian nuclear scientist, you have nothing to worry about just because 1 new vulnerability was discovered

and if you are super paranoid, you shouldn’t even be using mac or windows, and instead should be on a super secure distro of linux se (or be using a ‘live cd’ without a harddrive, etc etc)

• Java 7 Update 11 is available for download.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m