• I would like to exchange some experience in the Call Of Duty fields…
    For my self, I played CoD I,II,III, World @ War, MW2 and now MW 3. What I like on CoD is the handling of the Games but I don´t like the Spawn settings since this is were you sometimes get fragged the most…I would love to see a Call of Duty Tank game since I often enjoy the part in the Storyboard were you actually drive a tank, the handling is the best in World @ war…

If you like driving tanks, try battlefield 3. the best online shooter out there

• @Deaths:

I WANT THAT GAME!!! :-)

• @Deaths:

Tanks as well as various IFV’s (some amphibious), mobile AA, jeeps/humvees, helicopters, jets, and boats. Plus you can ride gunner in many of those. You can hop out and repair if you take damage while a teammate covers you and of course you can blow them up with various rockets (including laser guided ones on targets designated by teammates) or C4. Keep your squad supplied with ammo and revive fallen comrades. Lay down suppressing fire with a LMG, kill your enemies at a distance with a sniper rifle or get personal with a shotty (both dedicated and underslung on your assault rifle.)

Can’t kill an enemy because he’s hiding in a building? Kill the building. That wall blocking your view of the objective? Blow it up.

Join us on the Battlefield!

Coming in the fall is an entire expansion dedicated to armored warfare.

• how is the handling of that game?..is it diffrent then on CoD?..I played BF Vietnam a couple of time but actually on the PC…I was actually thinking ´bout testing Bf 3 but wasn´t sure if it is worth the money…

• I have played every iteration of CoD since the first, except for handhelds, I think.

CoD1, United Offensive, 2, 3, Big Red 1, Finest Hour, World at War, 4, MW2, MW3

I have at least done every campaign on each one, and all multiplayer if available.

I loved 1 because it was 10X better than the other WW2 FPS at the time: Medal of Honor (although Rising Sun on PS2 was pretty good and had bots for local multiplayer).  So I played each one after that.

I thought W@W was pretty much perfect, but people were tired of WW2.  In fact, I played it just a few weeks ago.  MW2 was pretty awesome for it’s time as well, and I played the most on it.

Now I’m on BF3 because MW3’s campaign was mostly forgettable and the multiplayer setup was complete bullshit with the lag compensation.  I will not play a game that favors those with bad connections over good connections and creates such incredible disparity for no valid reasons.

• @aequitas:

how is the handling of that game?..is it diffrent then on CoD?..I played BF Vietnam a couple of time but actually on the PC…I was actually thinking �bout testing Bf 3 but wasn�t sure if it is worth the money…

I haven’t played any of the COD games. To my understanding BF3 is not as smooth as COD. The big thing COD guys talk about is the recoil of the weapons and the ‘realistic’ feel that gives BF3. Many of the guns demand to be used in particular ways and you need to mind your weapon set ups (most weapons have three customization slots, {scope, foregrip/bipod/underslung rail and laser sight/tactical light/suppressors/barrel/ and you unlock them as you accumulate kills with the weapon}) for the situations you’ll encounter (break out the holos and red dots for metro) and your particular style.

I squaded up with a guy who’d just picked up BF3 coming from lots of COD. He’d rave, ask how something works, go wow, talk about how he loved that the guns had varying recoil, recoil at all, and how that made the game feel. Kept saying how “sexy” things were.

• @frimmel:

@aequitas:

how is the handling of that game?..is it diffrent then on CoD?..I played BF Vietnam a couple of time but actually on the PC…I was actually thinking �bout testing Bf 3 but wasn�t sure if it is worth the money…

I haven’t played any of the COD games. To my understanding BF3 is not as smooth as COD. The big thing COD guys talk about is the recoil of the weapons and the ‘realistic’ feel that gives BF3. Many of the guns demand to be used in particular ways and you need to mind your weapon set ups (most weapons have three customization slots, {scope, foregrip/bipod/underslung rail and laser sight/tactical light/suppressors/barrel/ and you unlock them as you accumulate kills with the weapon}) for the situations you’ll encounter (break out the holos and red dots shotguns for metro) and your particular style.

I squaded up with a guy who’d just picked up BF3 coming from lots of COD. He’d rave, ask how something works, go wow, talk about how he loved that the guns had varying recoil, recoil at all, and how that made the game feel. Kept saying how “sexy” things were.

Fixed that for you.  Love the Saiga.

• :lol:

Shotguns. Yep. Although I’ve been using the P-90 on Metro since they killed the USAS-12.

• I love how the shotguns in battlefield can shoot so much farther than in call of duty.
    870 combat !!

• What sucks about COD is they got rid of smoke grenades, which was essentially a nod to campers who snipe from the other side of the map.

Then they added this “push and hold multiple keys to run” thingy which gives you normal speed and you cant shoot and run.

COD 1-2 allowed smoke, run and shoot and was much better.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This is because consoles are for kiddies.

Real gamers play on PC.

• Right, i never owned the stupid consoles except in pre-PC days ( Atari 2600).

They are for kiddies

• No, consoles are for people who just want to sit down and put the game in and play and not have to worry whether a game they bring home is going to work on their system or not. People who don’t want to have to spend the first evening just getting the game to run properly and find out doing so either requires upgrades to hardware or significant reductions in graphics. Consoles are for people who want to game from their comfy couch on their 48inch flat panel HD set and not in the ‘well I can sit in it for a bit desk chair’ (far too similar to the one they were uncomfortable in all day at work.)

• Wow you must have a really old pc.

I use my PC on my flat screen.

• @Hepps01:

Wow you must have a really old pc.

I use my PC on my flat screen.

I use my PC for work and hence need to keep it/use it in a work space not a living space.

• My PC is in my office as well.

But with the advent of wireless mice (?)  and keyboards I can have my computer in my family room whenever the mood strikes me. :-D

I can sit on the couch and play Triple A (or whatever game) on a large screen whenever the mood strikes me.

• @Hepps01:

My PC is in my office as well.

But with the advent of wireless mice (?)  and keyboards I can have my computer in my family room whenever the mood strikes me. :-D

I can sit on the couch and play Triple A (or whatever game) on a large screen whenever the mood strikes me.

:?

So how do you have your PC’s graphic card output connected to the flat panel? Do you just move the PC from the office to the family room?

And we’re not talking playing a slow strategy game, we’re talking FPS. Wireless or not I can’t play with the keyboard and mouse in my lap.

But whatever, I should know better than to feed Garg and IL’s trolling on this subject.

• Consoles are for people who want to game from their comfy couch on their 48inch flat panel HD set and not in the ‘well I can sit in it for a bit desk chair’ (far too similar to the one they were uncomfortable in all day at work.)

I can run my games from my PC to a 70 Inch screen, so i don’t know what your saying. The PC is just as flexible, the thing being the resolution can be really better as well as memory and capability issues.

• So how do you have your PC’s graphic card output connected to the flat panel?

Thats easy you buy this metal box that is really a video spliter ( A/B)

You just turn the switch from source to source. They make them for HDMI as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m