TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

• TripleA

TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable has been released, download it here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA/1_8_0_7/

Play Axis and Allies online with TripleA!

This version is completely backwards compatible with 1.8.0.5, 1.8.0.4, 1.8.0.3, 1.8.0.1, 1.7.0.3, 1.7.0.1, 1.6.1.4, and 1.5.2.2 savegames.
    (You can install more than 1 version of TripleA at a time, and run them all at the same time.)

The Developers for TripleA 1.8.0.7: Veqryn, Redrum, DanVanAtta, Gaborbernat

Main Updates:
    - Bug Fixes:
    Fixed maxBuiltPerPlayer to include unplaced units.
    Fixed issue with TripleA logging users out of axisandallies.org when posting PBF turns.
    Fixed bug with movement validation for fighters launching from a carrier and flying into enemy land territory then returning.

- New Features:
    Created a new casualty sorter for quicker approximate sorting that includes support attachments.
    Bug fixes on unit casualty sorters, and switching new approximate method in as the default.
    Added a convenience button to undo all moves during a phase.
    Removed obsolete Dynamix (land-only) AI.
    Migrated source code from SourceForge to GitHub: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea

- Hard AI Updates:
    Improved performance on large maps.
    Added support for valuing exposed units when attacking.
    Improved air units landing safely.
    Added scrambling support.
    Improved transport movement and defense.
    Added support for purchasing and landing on carriers.
    Improved naval non-combat move and avoid sea units getting stuck.
    Improved casualty selection to consider unit cost.
    Added unit support attachment consideration for purchasing and movement.
    Added politics support for 2 team maps such as Global 1940.
    Improved capital defense.
    Added support for WW2v1 non-limit placing of units on starting factories.
    Added support for territory effects.
    Added support for China on WW2v3.
    Added support for unit placement limits.
    Fixed sorting bug causing error: Comparison method violates its general contract.
    Improved carrier/fighter casualty sorting to avoid leaving fighters stranded.
    Units of the same type are now moved all at once rather than one at a time.
    Added support for nations without capitals.
    Fixed several rare NullPointerException errors.

- Bug Fixes:
    Savegame size increasing exponentially bug is fixed.
    Hosts now wait up to 15 minutes (previously only 1.5 min) for players to sync when starting a game up.
    Fixed bug where occasionally the game would wait on all players to press ‘OK’ for certain messages before the game could continue.
    Fixed bug with World War II Classic rockets technology giving a null pointer error.
    Fixed multiple bugs surrounding AA attacks on units with more than one hitpoint.
    Fixed lobby username muting not working.
    Fixed bug where under rare circumstances air units going from sea to land would lose all movement.
    Fixed bug with bid placement for Global 1940/1942 where British could not place units in UK Pacific.
    Fixed bug with unit repairs not being recorded properly in history.
    Fixed bugs surrounding fuel cost for units loading, unloading, and moving with carriers.
    More stability improvements for hosts and bots; as well as many smaller bugs fixed.

- New Features:
    New AI, “Hard AI” (also called ProAI), coded by Redrum.
    BattleCalculator now multithreaded and 2x to 20x faster than previously.
    Host wait time now configurable in engine preferences.
    New default casualty selection method, which can solve complex support scenarios, is available in engine preferences (very slow, and still in beta testing).

- Bug Fixes:
    Crashing and freezing while hosting finally fixed completely.
    Crash caused by bug introduced into Paratroopers tech fixed.
    Fixed some bugs with triggers, and various other smaller bug fixes.

- New Features:
    New ‘Unit Stats’ chart, accessible from the ‘Help’ and ‘Export’ menus.
    Some new step properties for map makers to use.

- Automated Host Improvements:
    Automated hosts have been fully fleshed out now, with many improvements. You can now set game options, and they now look and act more like a regular host does, with the ‘Choose Game’, ‘Load Game’, and ‘Game Options’ buttons all working.
    They also show up in the lobby in italics, with a mark under the new “Bot?” column, and start with zero players. Lobby admins have the power to control them, including muting and banning of players inside them.

- Many New Features for Maps:
    Lots of new sounds added to the engine, and the engine can now play sounds from inside a zipped map as well, including by triggers.
    Units can have multiple hitPoints beyond two, variable repair rates, maps can start with damaged units, resources can now be purchased during purchase phase.
    Some progress on 1914 WW1, many new phase step properties, and allowing multiple ‘when’ settings for triggers.
    Players can be optionally disabled in some maps, allowing more flexibility for free-for-all type games.

- Some Bug Fixes:
    Defending submarines no longer fire before attacking units when attack has a destroyer.
    Some fixes for online game stability.
    1940 China no longer affected by blockades, and airborne paratrooper bugs fixed.
    Various other bug fixes for strategic bombing on a map with terrain effects, errors with max units placed, fighter carrier movement, attacking with a carrier holding allied air, comment log not updating, resource creation order, and destroyedTUV condition.

- Misc:
    PBEM/PBF Improvements: New option under ‘File’ menu: ‘Post PBEM Game’, which will allow posting the game at any time, like during a battle. AI can now be selected for PBEM games.
    User notifications, such as chance notifications, now be turned off in the ‘Game’ menu.
    Big updates to included java libraries: Java 6 or greater now required, Substance UI updated and many new ‘look and feel’ settings available, latest included JRE, and latest apache common jars.
    Major updates to Great War WW1 and 270BC.

For a full changelog see here:
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/blob/master/changelog.txt

Reporting bugs:
    Please report any bugs encountered here:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/triplea/_list/tickets

If you find bugs, I really can’t do much about them unless you upload an autosave.  It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occurred.  Also mention what map the bug occurred on, and copy and paste the error if there is one.

Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:
    (Windows XP)  C:\Documents and Settings\userName\triplea
    (Windows 7)  C:\Users\userName\triplea
    (Mac)  /home/user/documents/triplea/
    (Linux)  /home/user/triplea/

[They are NOT in program files.  They are in a folder in your user account.]

When you are making a post, click the “More Options” button.  From there click “Upload a file”.
    Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.

I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.

Please also describe what happened before the bug occurred, and copy and paste the full error message, and of course say what map and what version of TripleA you were using!

thanks,
    redrum

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Loaded up new version.  Pushed the play by forum button and got this error:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.7
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: No dice server folder:/Volumes/TripleA/Triplea.app/Contents/Resources/Java/dice_servers
    at games.strategy.engine.random.PropertiesDiceRoller.loadFromFile(PropertiesDiceRoller.java:41)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.loadDiceServer(PBEMSetupPanel.java:162)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.loadAll(PBEMSetupPanel.java:149)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.PBEMSetupPanel.<init>(PBEMSetupPanel.java:91)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.SetupPanelModel.showPBEM(SetupPanelModel.java:41)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MetaSetupPanel$2.actionPerformed(MetaSetupPanel.java:141)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:273)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6414)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6179)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2084)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4776)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2142)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4604)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4618)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4279)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4209)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2128)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2492)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:717)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:676)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:674)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:86)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:690)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:86)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:687)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)</init>

• I don’t experience any problems using the “all platforms” download.
    Everything runs just fine.

Well, I downloaded the MAC versions, and it does not run at all.  Just errors.  Can’t load games, can’t play by forum, can’t do anything.

Any ideas?

• TripleA

@Karl7 - Well it appears that the folder does exist in the mac installer so shouldn’t have any issues: TripleA\Triplea.app\Contents\Resources\dice_servers\

Can you try redownloading and reinstalling?

Can some other mac users try downloading and installing the latest mac install to see if they run into any errors?

• Two months ago, I could not install 1805  AAA on my Mac.
    Karl: weee you using 1805 on your Mac?

@wittmann:

Two months ago, I could not install 1805  AAA on my Mac.
    Karl: weee you using 1805 on your Mac?

Yeah, I was using 1805.  Is there some remnant file or something left when I deinstall 1805 that is corruption the next version?

@redrum:

@Karl7 - Well it appears that the folder does exist in the mac installer so shouldn’t have any issues: TripleA\Triplea.app\Contents\Resources\dice_servers\

Can you try redownloading and reinstalling?

Can some other mac users try downloading and installing the latest mac install to see if they run into any errors?

I’ll try to download and open again.  But I’ve already done that, making me think there is something going on with the installer.  BUT, I am no computer wizard so I could be fuckking it up too.

Is there any thing about deleting the old version I need to do before loading the new?  Some conflict that’s screwing it up?

Maybe it’s a security setting issue?

Downloaded latest version again, and get same error above anytime I try to do something.

Any ideas?

• TripleA

Hmmm. Not sure. I doubt it has anything to do with previous versions. It could be a file permissions issue as it seems like that directory exists but it won’t read it.

Do you still have 1.8.0.5 installed? If not then I’d redownload that and see if it works. That way we can determine if its an issue with the new version or an issue with your setup.

@redrum:

Hmmm. Not sure. I doubt it has anything to do with previous versions. It could be a file permissions issue as it seems like that directory exists but it won’t read it.

Do you still have 1.8.0.5 installed? If not then I’d redownload that and see if it works. That way we can determine if its an issue with the new version or an issue with your setup.

Yeah, 1805 works fine…. hmm… I am at a loss.  Anyone else have this problem?  If not, then it’s got to be something with my computer.

Just FYI, on my mac, I download the DGM file on my desktop and run it.  It creates a disk image on my desktop and I enter that image to toggle the program.  Anything there that might be contributing to the problem?

• TripleA

@Karl7 - What Mac OS version are you running?

OSX Yosemite the latest, just updated two days ago to latest

• Hi

Can I just check whether version 1.8.0.7 is good to go for non-MAC users?

No-one having any problems?

Cheers
    PP

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Panic

You should be good to go

• Thanks very much barney. Much appreciated.

Having rejected the upgrade when first opening triple a it does not offer it to me now. Presumably I will need to restart the PC. Will try it later.

• I’m also a Mac user, and having a similar problem with v. 1.8.0.7. (Had no problems with 1.8.0.5).

It download and installs just fine. Single player also works fine. The problem is with TripleA online. I login, and get to the lobby fine. But whenever I try to join a game (regardless of map), I get an error message, and the game doesn’t allow me to enter.

The error message is as follows:

Setting memory for new triplea process to: 884m
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Icon file not found
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:60)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:30)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:131)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:124)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.joinGame(LobbyGamePanel.java:414)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.access$000(LobbyGamePanel.java:46)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel$6.mouseClicked(LobbyGamePanel.java:165)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6417)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4288)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any ideas?

Are there any Mac users out there who have TripleA Online working with the latest version?

@regularkid:

I’m also a Mac user, and having a similar problem with v. 1.8.0.7. (Had no problems with 1.8.0.5).

It download and installs just fine. Single player also works fine. The problem is with TripleA online. I login, and get to the lobby fine. But whenever I try to join a game (regardless of map), I get an error message, and the game doesn’t allow me to enter.

The error message is as follows:

Setting memory for new triplea process to: 884m
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Icon file not found
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:60)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.ProcessRunnerUtil.populateBasicJavaArgs(ProcessRunnerUtil.java:30)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:131)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.TripleAProcessRunner.joinGame(TripleAProcessRunner.java:124)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.joinGame(LobbyGamePanel.java:414)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel.access$000(LobbyGamePanel.java:46)
    at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.ui.LobbyGamePanel$6.mouseClicked(LobbyGamePanel.java:165)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6417)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4288)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any ideas?

Are there any Mac users out there who have TripleA Online working with the latest version?

Looks like we are in the same boat.  I cannot use 1807 on a mac and get more or less the same error.

• I am trying to install triplea 1807 on Mac and the map download is stopped. I cannot cancel or otherwise do anything. Suggestions?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m