Newbie question, might have missed this at Rulebook

• Sponsor

@Kloever:

Thank, i wont leave any rules out. Where playing atm, but there is a question. Im attack an zone with a Figter, 6 infantery and a tank. The Zone i attack got a tank, 5 infantry, 1 fighter and an IC. Can i attack with the fighter? Or does the IC shoots first at my fighter? Im not doing an Bombing Raid…

And, what if…Well, im attacking with 5 infantery. Can the other side choose to get 3 infantery and leave 2 behind so i cant take the zone?

The built in AA Gun on an industrial complex may only be used during a bombing raid, so your fighter is safe from any AA fire.

Each side can choose their own casualties after each combat round, so if your opponent is left with a unit at the end of battle, they will continue to control the territory.

• @Young:

Each side can choose their own casualties after each combat round, so if your opponent is left with a unit at the end of battle, they will continue to control the territory.

Euhrm, what i meant was. I’m attacking with 5 units, the defender got 5 units at that zone but decides to use only 3 of them for the defense. So i cant take his zone. We kinda thought this is cheating so we choose: I attack with 5, you defend with 5. If you have that much units.

But next(yeah i keep rolling those questions now). I got a Sub at zone 7(AA42SE) and the other got a Battleship and an Transport. Can i do a suprise attack on the Battleship?

• Sponsor

@Kloever:

@Young:

Euhrm, what i meant was. I’m attacking with 5 units, the defender got 5 units at that zone but decides to use only 3 of them for the defense. So i cant take his zone. We kinda thought this is cheating so we choose: I attack with 5, you defend with 5. If you have that much units.

But next(yeah i keep rolling those questions now). I got a Sub at zone 7(AA42SE) and the other got a Battleship and an Transport. Can i do a suprise attack on the Battleship?

Your playing the game all wrong… The defending player can not choose to defend with some units and not others. If I attack a territory, the defending player must defend with all units in that territory, so they are all at risk if they’re attacked by overwhelming odds.

Yes… you can make a surprise strike on the battleship in the absence of an enemy destroyer, but a surprise strike is not an extra attack, it’s a modified attack.

• @Young:

Your playing the game all wrong… The defending player can not choose to defend with some units and not others. If I attack a territory, the defending player must defend with all units in that territory, so they are all at risk if they’re attacked by overwhelming odds.

Yes… you can make a surprise strike on the battleship in the absence of an enemy destroyer, but a surprise strike is not an extra attack, it’s a modified attack.

Well, i thought we where, so we did play like you said. Defending with all the units at that zone. Sounded like it should.

But, whats a modified attack? I thought it was a 1 strike attack.

• Sponsor

Yes… What I meant was, 1 regular submarine attack modified to disallow a casualty roll.

• We are still playing here, our first match. Its fun. But i got some other questions about some actions and moves.

1. Submarines: I have in a Sea Zone 4 subs. The defender got a Battleship and an empty Transport. Can i do a suprise attack on both?
    2. How many IC can you place after the setup? I believe there where 4 left. Can you place more then 4?

• Your 4 Subs could attack the SZ with the Battleshop and Transport and you would get to roll for all 4 Subs.
    If two hit, both the Battleship and the Transport will sink. The Attoeshio would get no defence shot.
    If none or one hits, the Battleship would still be alive and would get one roll in defence.
    On the 2nd Round the surviving Subs would get to sneak again.
    The Transports sinks automatically when the Battleship sinks as long as one attacking unit(Sub in this case) is still in the SZ.

Perhaps your friend should be told a Battleship, or Carrier, should always be a accompanied by a Destroyer if there are Subs around.
    Was it an oversight?

• @wittmann:

Was it an oversight?

She was retreating here forces from an attack earlier, but i did manage to sink the Destroyer in that phase. And i happen to have 4 subs laying around there for defense.

But what about the IC? Can you just place as many as you like around the board? I know you can place just 1 in a zone.

• @Kloever:

But what about the IC? Can you just place as many as you like around the board? I know you can place just 1 in a zone.

Assuming you do not play Europe/Pacific/Global 1940 the rules are:

@rulebook:

Place new industrial complexes in any territory that you have controlled since the start of your turn and that has an income
    value of at least 1. You cannot have more than one industrial complex per territory.

So yes, you can place as many as you like as long as you follow the quoted rules.

• @P@nther:

Assuming you do not play Europe/Pacific/Global 1940 the rules are:

@rulebook:

Place new industrial complexes in any territory that you have controlled since the start of your turn and that has an income
    value of at least 1. You cannot have more than one industrial complex per territory.

So yes, you can place as many as you like as long as you follow the quoted rules.

Playing the 42SE. Thanks, i thought no, my girlfriend thought yes. So yes it is.

Oke, i think last question. She is attacking me by sea with 3 transports, a battleship and a cruiser. She hasnt reached my land yet. But she i in range of my bombers. Can i attack the fleet? And so destroy here Battleship, cruiser and her Transport(inc cargo)?

• '18 '17 '16

@Kloever:

She is attacking me by sea with 3 transports, a battleship and a cruiser. She hasnt reached my land yet. But she is in range of my bombers. Can i attack the fleet and so destroy here Battleship, cruiser and here Transport(inc cargo)?

Yes, you can destroy her fleet, providing the fleet is within reach of your bombers. “Within reach”, that means, you have to take into the account the total move value of the bombers (=6). You have to save some movement points for to land at a save landing spot in the non-combat movement phase. Example: if her fleet is 4 spaces apart of your bombers, then you will use 4 movement points to reach the fleet, with 2 movement points left to reach a save landing spot (friendly territory, friendly carrier or new mobilized carrier).

• @Kloever:

Oke, i think last question. She is attacking me by sea with 3 transports, a battleship and a cruiser. She hasnt reached my land yet. But she i in range of my bombers. Can i attack the fleet? And so destroy here Battleship, cruiser and her Transport(inc cargo)?

If it is her turn you are the defender. As defender you can use your Bomber only (with a defensive shot) if it is in a territory attacked by her.

• '18 '17 '16

@ panther: …bearing in mind the formerly questions, you was well advised to differentiate between attacker and defender… :-D

• Thanks for the answers. Our first play was a lot of fun. And was a totall victory for me :evil:….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m