• You should drink a 2 liter Mountain Dew with that…It’s very healthy.

• who knows whats in Mcdonalds food…… :wink:

• @empireman:

who knows whats in Mcdonalds food…… :wink:

especially when it comes to the “all natural” chicken nuggets……

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@empireman:

who knows whats in Mcdonalds food…… :wink:

The patties are 100% ground beef, it’s advertised so they have to do it or face tons of lawsuits.  The buns, however, I am convinced are formed from cardboard and high fructose corn syrup and nothing else. (hey, just cause you advertise all beef patties doesn’t mean any of the rest of your food is normal!)

@Imperious:

You should drink a 2 liter Mountain Dew with that…It’s very healthy.

You leave my Mt. Dew alone, buddy.  It carried me through more than one semester of college! (and other things.)  BTW, I topped out my caffiene addiction at 6 servings of monster, 84 ounces of coffee (10.5 servings I believe) and 2 liters of diet coke (8 servings.)  Since then, I’ve cut way back to ONLY two pots of coffee!

• '12

Fine print is important.  Our patties contain 100% ground beef.  That is in our patties, they contain 10% ground beef and that 10% is 100%!  Or is it 100% ground beef products?  Ie butts and bones are part of a cow so 100% ground beef products.

I do eat McDonalds, like once or twice per month, after two hours in the gym……

Eat meat and veggies and more veggies than meat, limit sugars and carbs (soon to be sugars).

I think they actually advertise 100% ground beef.

Despite all those myths out there, none of our meat is fake! McDonald’s uses only 100% USDA-inspected beef from real beef cattle to make our burger patties.

~ mcd.com

Granted, they get the cows from S. America and ship them frozen, in bulk, to the US.

However, you will see no claim that their buns are made from 100% real USDA-inspected grains, or are whole grains, or are not gelatinized, congealed high fructose corn syrup with three tablespoons of salt on them…  Not that I could prove that they are, but all I know is, if you eat a cheeseburger (you know, the original?) you seem to gain 14 pounds and are ravenous in moments…or maybe it’s just me?

And Subway’s no better!  Google it, the reports about unclean machinery and unwashed food is INSANE for them too!

That said, eat what you want to eat.  FFS guys, it’s the United States of America!  If you want to live on frozen pizza, live on frozen pizza!  If you want to be a vegetarian, well, just keep in mind vegetarians are food for carnivores in the case of a global food epidemic, such as Nuclear War when the plants die off. :P

• @Cmdr:

I think they actually advertise 100% ground beef.

Despite all those myths out there, none of our meat is fake! McDonald’s uses only 100% USDA-inspected beef from real beef cattle to make our burger patties.

~ mcd.com

Granted, they get the cows from S. America and ship them frozen, in bulk, to the US.

However, you will see no claim that their buns are made from 100% real USDA-inspected grains, or are whole grains, or are not gelatinized, congealed high fructose corn syrup with three tablespoons of salt on them…  Not that I could prove that they are, but all I know is, if you eat a cheeseburger (you know, the original?) you seem to gain 14 pounds and are ravenous in moments…or maybe it’s just me?

And Subway’s no better!  Google it, the reports about unclean machinery and unwashed food is INSANE for them too!

That said, eat what you want to eat.  FFS guys, it’s the United States of America!  If you want to live on frozen pizza, live on frozen pizza!  If you want to be a vegetarian, well, just keep in mind vegetarians are food for carnivores in the case of a global food epidemic, such as Nuclear War when the plants die off. :P

Yes, but the meat is junk quality.  Subway is a bit better, but you’re talking about individual stores cleanliness vs. ingredient makeup for the national chain.  Subway on the whole is much healthier.

Also, I’m a cannibal if she’s cute enough.  :evil:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Fine print is important.  Our patties contain 100% ground beef.  That is in our patties, they contain 10% ground beef and that 10% is 100%!  Or is it 100% ground beef products?  Ie butts and bones are part of a cow so 100% ground beef products.

I do eat McDonalds, like once or twice per month, after two hours in the gym……

Eat meat and veggies and more veggies than meat, limit sugars and carbs (soon to be sugars).

100% of the time, 10% of the time! :P

Junk beef is still beef, however.

And Subway’s problems are not just the store level, it’s the national processing centers where the machines are routinely left unclean for multiple weeks (like 2 or 3) and they’re supposed to be cleaned every 3 days, or the last day of the week if less than 3 (so like Wednesday and Friday if they are not in use on Saturday)

Subway USED to be healthy, when it was deli meat, now it’s processed meat with loads of fat and salt sent to the stores from central processing centers - or is my experience.  It’s getting hit HARD on the news out here too, which doesn’t mean squat, our “news” is probably the least objective, most biased pieces of crud ever to be on the airways.  Talking LOCAL not necessarily national here.

• All this talk about McDonald’s…. I just went there for lunch - double cheese burger, greasy salty fries and a Coke for 3.95 (after tax)

Sure was yummy.  I certainly don’t consider it health food, but not convinced it’s half as bad as some of you restaurant snobs are trying to say  :-)

And I do NOT get hungry in an hour like Jenn does.  Only Chinese food does that for me, and it’s mainly because I don’t like Chinese food so don’t eat much.

As far as news, Jenn, I hear you but keep in mind we’ve never lived in a closed Communist or Fascist country.  We may be headed that direction, but we’re still pretty far from it.
    But yeah, I’m totally with you there - don’t assume the news is objective or without agenda and don’t blindly accept it as the truth!

At least mcdonalds out here doesn’t dump 50 pounds of salt per pound of fries like Wendy’s does out here.

Remember, I live in The People’s Republic of Illinois. We’re just like Detroit, but 40 years lagging in progress!

• @Cmdr:

Remember, I live in The People’s Republic of Illinois.

Yeah, we know.  We’re dealing with your best and brightest trying to turn us into the People’s Republic of America as we speak  :x
    Thanks a lot

• Subway is total garbage. They can’t even cut the meat in the store and have it shipped pre-portioned from regional facilities.

That “beef” is almost worse than Taco Bell ( Grade D). One grade lower and you get…. DOGFOOD.

There is a reason why subway and only subway has that strange smell…preservatives from the meat because it wasn’t fresh.

• Thanks for the warning, IL

No sarcasm

Who ever said subway was fresh meat?  They said eat fresh, well, the onions are probably fresh!  The dirt is definitely fresh!  Ya know, they never said eat fresh FOOD did they? lol.

And Gamerman, I have to say, that is NOT our best and brightest, we have way better!  A certain mayor of a city here in IL who bulldozed an airport in the middle of the night because the owners didn’t want to sell comes to mind, a certain state senator who tells governors what to do and how to do it, or puts them in jail comes to mind.  Said senator’s daughter who never has an opponent when she runs for office, also comes to mind.  lol.

Welcome to IL, vote early, vote often!

• Sounds like there is no shortage of free entertainment in Illinois
    I like my IA  :-)

@Gamerman01:

Sounds like there is no shortage of free entertainment in Illinois
    I like my IA  :-)

How is IA?  I am looking for a house in OK, but can’t convince the fam to go.  So IN maybe…KY would be great if I could get the mountains, but they say it’s too far from Chicago to move that far out…wusses, like you need indoor plumbing!  Sheesh.  What’s next, a furnace instead of a gas burning stove???  (Internet is a must, of course, it’s amazing the human race survived without internet!)

IA could work.  I’ve been to Jefferson, but it’s not all that much different than IL.  Flat, featureless, dirty, but at least there’s hard working individuals there!

• IA has similar scenery and climate, of course, but yeah you’ll find we’re more down to earth here….
    Well… actually probably not much different than anywhere in IL that’s a safe distance from Chi-town

Quieter.  Higher income taxes, although I think you guys went to 5%, right?  Lower sales taxes, depending on what exactly yours is in Shaumberg…

Great place to raise kids

• Ask Boldfresh about the differences.  He’s lived many years in “rural” Iowa, but also NY, CA, and now he’s your neighbor in Chicago.  :-)

I HAVE spent a lot of time over the years travelling through and staying in rural IL as a visitor, though.
    Pretty much the same as IA, so if you know what rural IL is like…

• Once again, I am very happy to have received 37 responses to my poll and it was most helpful.

I’m glad a lot of you have enjoyed hanging out in the thread and discussing nutrition and eating out, too - quite enjoyable and informative.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m