1914 Italy's turn by Larry harris

• I really laughed at:
    ‘‘He takes a look at the map and announces to the group that he will be in Vienna by next spring. Everyone kind of looks at the map and wonders what the hell he’s talking about. Sometimes, when playing Axis & Allies, smack talk is as important as 10 divisions of infantry. If you don’t have one, you always have the other.’’
    That’s totally me, when I’m playing! Scare 'em with your flamboyant words! :D

• Albania is just a bridge too far for me  :-P . I know it’s A&A & not WiF but still :roll:
    KISS doesn’t mean just make stuff up.
    Let’s hope IL Game sees the light of day or the Flash Man starts selling
    hard board Maps.

• @Imperious:

. Its time to remove the casualties. Starting with the attacker, the players each remove one unit from the sea zone for each hit scored against them.

Now this is intriguing. No battleboard for the naval combat, and no casualties zone for the defender. You remove the casualties after the battle is finished, and one at a time. One attacker, one defender, then one attacker and one defender again, and so forth….

• Customizer

So Naples borders Tuscany, have to update the map again.

I knew that naval attack was suicide, especially now we know that fleets cannot retreat into home waters after calling off the battle. They may as well fight to the death there and then.

The problem with these reports is that they deal with each country on its own terms; for example my proposed Albanian front involves French and British reinforcements. This is understandably to keep things simple for demo purposes, but just don’t use the reports as a strategy guide.

• And kudos to Flashman for spotting contested sea zones long before anyone else. Sir, I apologize for doubting you.

• Agreed. Good one Flashman. I did not ever think that would be the case.
    Will change your way of thinking when it comes to Naval encounters.

• So no hit ships are removed from the sea zone untill both the attacker & defender take there rolls then?and then there chosen one at a time ?

• Customizer

I might use my mocked-up naval battle board, with the damaged BBS demoted to “2” boxes.

• @Flashman:

I might use my mocked-up naval battle board, with the damaged BBS demoted to “2” boxes.

I can see a reduction in fire power if damaged, and 2 seems reasonable (1/2). I would be more inclined to go with 3 though. I don’t want to be in a situation where I would choose to lose the BB over a cruiser to get a high dice roll in the next round of battle (if there is one), but to each his own I guess.

• Customizer

I once had an idea for a version where hit points were equivalent to firepower, so:

Battleship 4-4-2 (4 hp)
    Cruiser 3-3-3 (3 hp)
    Destroyers 2-2-2 (2 hp)

Each ships would have the appropriate number of gun turrets, which can be removed when a hit is taken to indicate damage and reduced firepower.

Two hits slows down a BB, one a destroyer.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m