• Loz: I think it is just one major change and a mistake (in intention) by the creator.
    The rules said you could not attack a Sub or TT in a SZ and move out at the same time.
    That was never intended.
    A Sub could hold up all your units (if you attacked it), following the rules as they were written and understood.

Now, you can attack either of these two units(which do not make a SZ Hostile), with part of your forces occupying the same SZ and move others away.
    It was an annoying loophole.

Hope you have been well.

• Movement
    Q. If some of my units begin my turn in a sea zone with enemy submarines and/or transports and I decide to attack them, can I move some or all of my units out of the sea zone in combat movement to avoid having them participate in the combat?
    A. Yes. Even though the sea zone is not hostile (it contains no enemy surface warships), you can still move units from the sea zone in combat movement to escape combat if you’re attacking there. However, you must still respect the rules for moving units in the Combat Move phase to escape combat.
    Combat

I think this is it.

• TripleA '12

Thanks Wittmann, I must admit I did not know you could do that! :-)

• '17 '16

@P@nther:

The official FAQ has been updated per September 3, 2014.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

Do you know if anyone can correct / edit some initial (unintentional) mistakes in this official article about 1942 second Ed. set-up?
    http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-axis-allies-1942-second-edition/
    Or is it doomed to stay as it is for the historical record?

The start-up IPCs are 31 for UK and 41 for Germany.

There is also inside the Soviet Union set-up a line which was forgotten: “Kazakh S.S.R.: 1 Infantry”

It should be listed:

Soviet Union
    Starting income: 24 IPCs

Russia: 4 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 AAA, 2 Tanks, 1 Fighter, Industrial Complex
    Karelia S.S.R.: 4 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Fighter, Industrial Complex
    Archangel: 1 Infantry, 1 Tank
    Novosibirsk: 1 Infantry
    Caucasus: 3 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 AAA, 1 Tank, Industrial Complex
    Kazakh S.S.R.: 1 Infantry
    Evenki National Okrug: 2 Infantry
    Yakut S.S.R.: 1 Infantry
    Buryatia S.S.R.: 2 Infantry
    Soviet Far East: 2 Infantry

Naval Setup:
    Sea Zone 4: 1 Submarine

I found it because I used a copy of this list. And I realized there was a difference between Triple A set-up and my board game set-up (which was base on that list).

• AFAIK it was djensen himself who provided the information over there.  :-)

• '17 '16

Thanks for the answer.

• The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

What is new?

@FAQ:

Purchasing Units

Q. Can I purposely purchase more units than I can mobilize with the intent of deciding which
    units I want to keep based on the outcome of battles I intend to fight?

A. No. You may only purchase as many units as you will have the ability to mobilize after making repairs
    to any damaged industrial complexes. The rules for returning excess units are intended only for
    inadvertent over-purchasing.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

• '17 '16

Hi,
    I’m wondering about AAA units movement rule.
    Did the official rule change about them in a revised FAQ?
    Because one of my fellow players said that an addendum has been made lately on this issue.

Can you move an AAA unit on board a transport during Combat Move (with an Infantry unit also, to maximize the transport loading allowance) and unload the Inf in Combat move and the AAA in Non Combat move?

And, under the actual OOB rule, in which AAA can only move during NCM, is it possible to load both AAA unit and 1 Inf in NCM phase and unload both of them in the same NCM phase?
    Thanks.

• Official Q&A

@Baron:

Hi,
    I’m wondering about AAA units movement rule.
    Did the official rule change about them in a revised FAQ?
    Because one of my fellow players said that an addendum has been made lately on this issue.

No.

@Baron:

Can you move an AAA unit on board a transport during Combat Move (with an Infantry unit also, to maximize the transport loading allowance) and unload the Inf in Combat move and the AAA in Non Combat move?

No.

@Baron:

And, under the actual OOB rule, in which AAA can only move during NCM, is it possible to load both AAA unit and 1 Inf in NCM phase and unload both of them in the same NCM phase?
    Thanks.

Yes, as long as they both offload into the same territory.

• '17 '16

Thanks Krieghund for the reply.
    It definitly clear things out for me about this rule.

• Sponsor

Are factories allowed on Islands, If not… where does it say?

• Yes they are, YG.
    Hope your game went well.

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

Yes they are, YG.
    Hope your game went well.

Thanks Wittmann, and it’s next Saturday I play. Cheers

• Sponsor

There’s no limit on factory builds right… if we run out, can we just substitute something as a factory token?

• That is right, YG.

• Quote from the FAQ:

Q. How many shots do antiaircraft artillery (AAA) units fire?
    A. Each AAA unit in the territory may fire up to 3 shots, but each attacking air unit may be fired upon only once. In other words, the total number of air defense dice rolled is either 3 times the number of AAA units, or the number of attacking air units, whichever is the lesser. For example, 5 fighters attacking a territory containing 2 AAA units would have 5 shots fired against them while those same 5 fighters would have only 3 shots fired against them if there were only 1 defending AAA unit.

So how many AAA shots if 2 aircraft and 2 AAA?

My reading was 4 shots. One shot at each aircraft from each AAA.

Credulous pointed out that “the total number of air defense dice rolled is either 3 times the number of AAA units, or the number of attacking air units, whichever is the lesser” means only 2 shots. That would appear to be correct from a literal reading of the words, but seems counter-intuitive to me.

Our thanks to anyone who is able to clarify for us.

• Official Q&A

Credulous is credulous.

• Thanks Krieghund! Panic need no longer Panic!

To be fair to Credulous his interpretation was a literal one. You may want to look at the clarity of the wording.

• Official Q&A

I’m just messing with you.  Credulous is correct.

• Ahhh!

I am incredulous!

Cheers
    PP

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m