"Tall Paul's" ENTIRE SET, detailed & painted A&A units by The "WARMACHINE TEAM"!

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s the latest up-date as of 3-20-2013:

----While Lucas has completed painting some American aircraft:
    Four F-4F Wildcats in “Guadalcanal” Marine scheme
    Four F-4F Wildcats in “Early” U.S. Navy scheme w Red/White rudder stripes
    Four F-4F Wildcats in “Intermediate” U.S. Navy scheme

––He hasn’t yet been able to get any quality pics to post yet.

----He’s currently working on:
    Six Stuart light tanks & Six Sherman medium tanks all in Anzac camo colors.
    ––Hopefully by the time the Anzac tanks are finished we’ll have some pics of all of the latest detailed/painted units from “Team WARMACHINE”!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

Updated as of May 14, 2013

––Here are some overhead shots that Lucas took of the latest shipment. Whenever I can find some time I’ll take some additional pics, including some group shots and close-ups. Go “Team WarMachine”!

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7766_zps76975bcd.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s another overhead shot of the whole shipment taken by Lucas. Including the prototypes there were:
    18 - U.S. Army Stuart light tanks
    18 - U.S. Army Sherman medium tanks
    12 - U.S.M.C. Stuart light tanks
    12 - U.S.M.C. Sherman medium tanks
      6 - Anzac Stuart light tanks
      2 - U.S. Navy ‘Wildcat’ Fighters

––The U.S.M.C. tanks have blackish-green camo stripes, and the Anzacs have a correct (and cool) camo scheme of their own.
    ----It looks as if the factories of “the arsenal of democracy” have ramped up production to a high level now.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7773_zps550e33f3.jpg

• Those look sweet!

• Customizer

TheVenocWarlord and Others,

@TheVenocWarlord:

Those look sweet!

––I completely agree with your sentiments that both Wil and Lucas did great work on these. Wil is the “master of modification” and detailing whereas Lucas has a true talent for painting the tiniest of details on his excellent paintjobs.
    ----If you’d like to see more of their awesome work you should check out their threads here on A&A.Org. You might also
    checkout some of the threads with links listed in message #1 of this thread.
    ----I’m glad you enjoyed seeing these units and welcome you to stick around as there are hundreds more “in the works”.

“Tall Paul”

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Tall Paul,

I’ve been watching the evolution of your pieces and am really impressed with the work you have commissioned. It will be very cool to see them on the board in action.

My compliments to the “Machine”.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@koba:

Welcome to it.

• Customizer

Koba and Others,

@koba:

Tall Paul,

I’ve been watching the evolution of your pieces and am really impressed with the work you have commissioned. It will be very cool to see them on the board in action.

––Thanks for your kind compliment,…And like I’ve said many times before. For me,…it’s all about FUN! And a big part of that for me is sharing with friends. I look forward to the day that I(we) can play an A&A G-40 game together with all of the other friends I’ve made here on A&A.Org.
    ––BTW, are you planning to go to the HBG Gaming Convention next year? I hope I’m able to make it there myself but don’t know for certain at the moment. I’m hoping our “WarMachine Team” is able to crank out a large amount of detailed/painted units by then. If so, I’ll look forward to using them in a game for the FIRST TIME.
    ––As I’m a historian rather than a true gamer/nerd(said w/respect), I’ve never been to a gaming convention. But if I’m able to, I’ll make this one for sure.
    ----Thanks again for your compliments, and I hope you continue to enjoy the units.
    Three cheers for Wil, Lucas, and “Allwork’s” great work.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

SgtWilTan,

––Hello Wil. It’s Saturday 2:00PM CST and I was just wondering if you had an update or pics of the Russian tanks
    and/or other ‘stuff’ yet.

“Tall Paul”

• My I ask what you are going to do with all those units?  If US bought 5 tanks during a game that would be about 4 more than they would need.

• '16

@Johnson73:

My I ask what you are going to do with all those units?  If US bought 5 tanks during a game that would be about 4 more than they would need.

Yeah, that is way more than enough pieces for US tanks in A&A…
    But, on the other hand, they don’t necessarily have to only be used in A&A.

• Customizer

Guys,

@ch0senfktard:

@Johnson73:

My I ask what you are going to do with all those units?  If US bought 5 tanks during a game that would be about 4 more than they would need.

Yeah, that is way more than enough pieces for US tanks in A&A…
    But, on the other hand, they don’t necessarily have to only be used in A&A.

––Well, let’s see. Let’s start out with 1/2 of them are U.S. Army for the Atlantic/European theater, and 1/2 are U.S. Marine units to be used in the Pacific theater.
    ----I’ve been involved in some very diverse games that were played with long-range goals in mind where it wasn’t  inconceivable that the U.S.A. might need this many tanks.  :-o
    ----Since Germany and Russia can easily have 30 tanks involved in the game I decided to also have that many available for the other major powers,…U.S.A., U.K., and Japan.
    ----Also,…I have more than just a simple G-40 game in mind for all of these units. I plan to one day play a “Solomon Islands” game with a gameboard expanded to the same size of a G-40 map. All the way from Nomea to the Admiralties  with overseas leads to Truk/Japan and Pearl Harbor/America. When using all of the “options” there could be several “new” units, Attack aircraft, APD Destroyer Transports, Marine Raiders(etc.

• Customizer

Calling V.I.P. “V”,

––Hey “V”, I just had a moment when I noticed your last heya. How have you been, lately. Whenever you get some time I’d enjoy talking with you. And if you just happenned to have some news or pics of your nicely painted units,…even better. Later, friend.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

I noticed upon further research into paint schemes for US forces that might help with unit IDs between Army and Marines forces.
    US Army forces made much more use of white ID stars than Marines as the likelihood of other enemy vehicles was much more prevalent
    in the European theater. The Marines basically had the run of he pacific islands with their organic armor due to the paucity of Japanese armor
    arrayed against them. You can go to tracklink to see many 1/35th examples which will also give you more ideas for color schemes.

I think the first set I will have completely painted for my own use will be the Battle of the bulge due to the lesser number of equipment types and then
    move on to the Guadalcanal game for the second set.

Hope this helps a bit with tabletop IDs for your US units.

• Customizer

Guys,

––My intelligence section has reported that “LHoffman” is hard at work painting and decalling the bulk of the
    German Air Force. All of the a/c in this “1st batch” will be painted in the “German Green camo” scheme that everyone is familiar with and will include:

8 FW-190 fighters
    8 ME-110 long range fighters
    8 ME-262 jet fighters
    8 JU-87 tactical, dive bombers
    8 HE-111 medium bombers
    8 DO-17 recon/ medium bombers
    8 JU-488 heavy bombers
    8 JU-52 transports

––Before long there will be additional “batches” of German a/c to include ME-109 fighters and JU-88 medium bombers, also in the “German Green camo” scheme.
    ----After all of the “German Green” a/c we will have some a/c painted in “Afrika Korps” and Winter War" schemes, too.
    ––The intelligence summary indicates all of the complex painting is already complete and the a/c are now in the intricate decalling process.
    ----Since Lucas does such an excellent job of painting and decalling I’m really looking forward to receiving these units.
    ----This batch will give an actual 4-engine bomber as well as introducing Air Transports to the German player.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’ve just received some pics of my Risk Factories that were painted by**“Allworkandnoclay”**. Just go to Reply #1 at the start of this thread and “click” on the Infrastructure Units to see all of them. Altogether there are individual pics of the American, Russian, French, British-European, British-Pacific, Anzac, Japanese, German, Italian, and Un-lettered as well as a group shot which I’ll post below. I hope everyone enjoys them and maybe they’ll even inspire someone to want to paint some themselves.

––Since I’m now going to use the Minor Factories from HBG these “Risk Factories” will now be used as Technical Research Facilities.

“Tall Paul”

riskfactory-all01.jpg

• Customizer

Calling “V.I.P. V”.

––Viracoacha, I’ve got some new units that need to pass your inspection. Whenever you’re ready,…“Hand Salute!” Honestly, it’s been too long since I’ve heard from you.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Heyo Paul  :-D

You have some new coolness you say?  NICE.  Would love to have a gander Tallest of Pauls  :wink:

Oh yeah man… sorry about my absence. I’ve been traveling quite a lot (hopefully this will change in a couple months), so my Internet time and chances to game have been limited.  BUT, I do bring select minis and paints with me and trick some out when I have a chance - so I’ll try to post some of those.

• Customizer

@Viracocha:

Heyo Paul  :-D

You have some new coolness you say?  NICE.  Would love to have a gander Tallest of Pauls  :wink:
    Yeah, we just finished some Rifle Infantry in USA-European, UK-European, and USSR-Winter schemes along with the “Risk” Factories in ALL flavors. I’ll probably use these as “Research Facilities” as “Allworkandnoclay” is working on two dozen of the HBG Minor Factories as we speak.
    Oh yeah man… sorry about my absence. I’ve been traveling quite a lot (hopefully this will change in a couple months), so my Internet time and chances to game have been limited.  BUT, I do bring select minis and paints with me and trick some out when I have a chance - so I’ll try to post some of those.

----I’'ll definately look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
    “Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––About a month ago thirty(30) American Rifle Infantry-European scheme completed training(painting). Here they are below, Enjoy:

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-USA_Europe01.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m