Axis and Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition ( AAE40.2) FAQ/question

• Post questions or facts about this new game here.

• I thought one of the Alpha +3.9 changes gave Russia’s global income of 37 IPCs to it in the Europe only board in exchange for getting rid of the +2 inf in Novo NO. However, I see the new setup charts have Russia at their Euro only total of 28. Am I remembering incorrectly, has this been reverted back to OOB, or is it some new amalgamation?

• NOs for Europe '40.2 ( from Robbie358)

Germany-
    5 IPCs if not at war with USSR
    5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and/or Moscow
    5 IPCs if at war with USSR and Axis controls Caucasus
    5 IPCs for having a German land unit in Egypt
    5 IPCs for control of Denmark and Norway with Sweden strict neutral, Pro-Axis, or Axis-controlled
    2 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

USSR-
    9 IPCs when at war and controls Novosibirsk
    5 IPCs if at war, SZ125 is free of Axis warships, control of Archangel, and no other Allied units in the Soviet Union
    3 IPCs for control of each German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory
    10 IPCs the first time USSR takes Berlin

USA-
    20 IPCs if at war and controls East and Central USA
    5 IPCs if at war and controls SE Mexico, Central America, and West Indies

UK-
    5 IPCs if the UK controls all its original territories

Italy-
    5 IPCs if no Allied surface warships in SZ92-99
    5 IPCs if Axis control 3 of Gibraltar, Southern France, Greece, and Egypt
    5 IPCs if Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, and Alexandria
    2 IPCs per territory if Italy controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

France gets 12 IPCs to spend immediately if Paris is liberated

• I got a question.

On the rulebook (1940 2nd ed), page 24, Conduct Convoy. On the  lower left corner, there’s a picture of a UK sub on the coast of Italy. The text says:

“On Italy’s turn, the UK submarine in sea zone 97 can cost italy up to 2 IPCs. If it is still there on Germany’s turn, the sub can also cost germany up to 2 IPCs of its income from Yugoslavia.”

Now, the picture shows a UK sub on a convoy seazone, right next to Southern Italy (3 IPC), Northern Italy (4 IPC), Albania (1 IPC) and Yugoslavia (2 IPC). That means the sub can cause upo to 8 IPC worth of damage to the Italian player, and 2 IPC damage to the german, right? So why does the text says “can cost italy up to 2 IPCs”?? Is there a limit on how much damage per territory for each sub or something like that? I’ve read the section several times and i dont get it. Is it a printing error?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Chicochico!

Yes, it’s a typo.  It should read “up to 6 IPCs” (the maximum damage one sub can inflict).

• What is the political rules in europe, same as global?

• Does the soviet union still get  the two infantry in novobrisk when at war?

• Anyone else get a smaller board that does not match the
    Other?  Mine is 1/2 cm smaller…would they exchange it if it’s a known problem?

• Hello

1-I need some clarification on the convoy disruption rule
    Ex: A Ger submarine on the coast of New Brunswick and Quebec (sz 106) When does the damage is done? during the ger turn or the uk oneÉ Because if its uk it leaves them time to kill the sub and makes convoy raiding too risky

2-About the USA NOs. They require that ths USA be at war. USA usely gets into the war at their collect income phase on turn 3? So my question is do they get the +20 IPC bonus at the collect income phase of round 3 or 4?
    3-Just to be sure if Ger declare war to usa on round 1, usa gets the +20 IPC on their collect income of round 1?

• @texasranger97:

Hello

1-I need some clarification on the convoy disruption rule
    Ex: A Ger submarine on the coast of New Brunswick and Quebec (sz 106) When does the damage is done? during the ger turn or the uk one� Because if its uk it leaves them time to kill the sub and makes convoy raiding too risky

2-About the USA NOs. They require that ths USA be at war. USA usely gets into the war at their collect income phase on turn 3? So my question is do they get the +20 IPC bonus at the collect income phase of round 3 or 4?
    3-Just to be sure if Ger declare war to usa on round 1, usa gets the +20 IPC on their collect income of round 1?

1 - Collect income phase of UK.  Yes, it does give them a chance to kill the sub, but only if they have a destroyer to spot it (otherwise it can always submerge to avoid combat and remain in the seazone).

2 - Collect at US’s collect income phase of turn 3 (the turn they go to war).

3 - Collect at US’s collect income phase of turn 1 (the turn they go to war)

• Ten usa makes 60 ipc per turn (35+25NOs)
    Seems like alots

• Also when u attack with carriers can u take them as casualties?

• @texasranger97:

Also when u attack with carriers can u take them as casualties?

Yes

• So even if they have no attcak value you can destroy them during an attack instead of another unit
    it doesn’t make sense

• Their attack value is represented by the fighters they carry! But they don’t contribute directly to the battle. They can still be sunk tho (soak hits)

• Can it really be true, that Great Britain have free acces to take Greece in their non combat move? As we placed the units when trying the SE setup, there was nothing to do, to prevent them taking greece.

Or, if an attack to the italian fleet in was successful in seazone 97, Great Britain could actually take Yugoslavia???

I can’t see anything prohibiting this in the rules, but can it really be true, that this is possible?

• Hi Rednalyn. Yes, they can.
    The downside is that you are activating a Nation Germany or Italy  was probably going to invade anyway, so activating it will play into their hands.
    The UK only has that one Transport in the Med, if they lose it to an Axis counterattack, they could lose Egypt and any other attacking options. . Egypt is a VP city and Italy’s one contribution to a European Axis victory.(Germany takes Russia for the other three.) the Allies must hold it.
    Yugoslavia should have already been attacked by Germany and their 5 Inf eliminated.

• Thanks for your reply.

I think your are right. It’s very exciting with these new rules and setup, haven’t played any of the alpha setups, so its a big step :)

• Can a lonely sub in sz 109 convoy disrupt both Scotland an UK?

• @Juhlius:

Can a lonely sub in sz 109 convoy disrupt both Scotland an UK?

In theory, yes, but in game play, no, a single sub cannot disrupt both Scotland and UK.  Vessels in SZ 109 can disrupt both Scotland and UK, but no more than the combined 8 IPC value (2 Scotland + 6 UK).  A single sub can’t cause that much disruption, though.  You roll two dice (subs only) and add the rolls of 1, 2, or 3.  So the most a single sub can disrupt is 6 IPCs.  If you had two naval war vessels in SZ 109, it’d be possible to max out at 8 IPCs.  Hope that answers your question.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m