Hitler plays A&A Spring 1942, 2nd Edition

• @wittmann:

Not the film, I own that. I meant who made up the A&A script.
    Wife an I loved it.

I just updated the link to an new version, to better edit the subtitles and with a few script differences. Tell me which one you prefer :)

• That was cool, those get me to laugh every time

• TripleA

OMG Bayder… Bayder was really good, but he when he got diced hard… he would nerd rage at me for an hour. lol.

Yeah he always shove carrier dd at the lone transport… and that transport would win sometimes… and he would drop unless something went well somewhere else. Which is fine, because I would get 2 extra units a turn with japan and woop him anyway. lol. Drop 2 ics right there and crank that soldah boy.

It was fun trash talking with him though. I miss him. :(

The most memorable was, I took out the baltic sea with 2 fighter 1 bomber and he got zero hits with 2 sub dd transport. I took out his lone transport with dd carrier, took FIC with 3 inf 1 fighter vs 2 inf fighter (in low luck). my 1 inf 1 fighter hit his fighter and he missed… so I had FIC and I put the fighter with the usa fighter. I also got new guinea. Oh and because he missed all the 1 dice you get to roll in low luck at ukraine and west russia… I decided to keep 6 inf at bury. He was nerd raging pretty hard.

Called me a garbage lucker, this and that, oh man it was fun. I told him that I roll like a champ. He did Japan sending in the minimal needed for his battles, but dropped shortly after… I think my transport in borneo or new guinea hit the 1.

Hell there is no coming back from that in low luck in my opinion so I didn’t mind. Japan behind a round, but germany had africa… though it don’t take long before that goes back to allies hands.

• TripleA

I liked the paper piece rant better than the mech inf.

• Hitler’s obssession with tanks is hilarious!  “At least 1941 got Tigers.”  <~best new line.

The mechanized infantry jokes were kinda lost on me, though…  =\

• “But, Fuhrer, the new tanks defend at 3 now so they are worth the price increase!” 
    “Defend. DEFEND??? If we are defending than all is already lost! Defend @ 3! This helps Stalin again! He may even consider a tank buy on R2! This edition is scheisse!! It should be called 42 Stalin edition!”
    :-D

• Just uploaded the final version, a few changes to the script on the feedback (mech inf got dropped, few people get the joke). Thanks :)

• @Slackaveli:

“! It should be called 42 Stalin edition!”
    :-D

It even comes with the Gulag pieces  8-)

• @Hobbes:

Just uploaded the final version, a few changes to the script on the feedback (mech inf got dropped, few people get the joke). Thanks :)

ROFL!

Aaaw, Hitler looks so sad at the end! I almost feel bad for him. “I just wanted the Tigers…”  =(

• I sympathise. It’s more than just a game!

• @MistuhJay:

Aaaw, Hitler looks so sad at the end! I almost feel bad for him. “I just wanted the Tigers…”  =(

Hitler was a person. He died horribly, seeing all his dreams crushed, a broken, despondent, and despair-filled man. It’s normal to empathize with anyone in that situation, part of what makes us human. I feel bad for the decisions he made to put himself and the whole world in that situation.

• Wonder how history would have unfolded if Hitler had been accepted into art school as a young man as was his original dream.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I heard somewhere that his Mom walked in on him as he was trying to hang himself In his room when he was 16.  I don’t know, probably false or he was doing his best David Carradine impersonation.

• @Der:

Wonder how history would have unfolded if Hitler had been accepted into art school as a young man as was his original dream.

Interesting discussion, but better to keep those speculations off this topic since they get political quite easily.

On the original version Hitler is ranting about his generals and calling them ‘traitors’ and declares that the war is lost so it’s much more darker than this version and at the end you see someone who keeps blaming the military for losing the war while at the same time still sees himself as a strategy genius who never made any mistake… kinda ironic and harder to sympathize there.
    On this one is definitely easier to emphasize with him, I kinda noticed that when I was putting it together, but it’s natural since those are all questions that affect A&A players.

• TripleA

lol, I just miss the days where I could power slam all my units and victory rush like a madman.

• @UrJohn:

@MistuhJay:

Aaaw, Hitler looks so sad at the end! I almost feel bad for him. "I just wanted the Tigers…"  =(

Hitler was a person. He died horribly, seeing all his dreams crushed, a broken, despondent, and despair-filled man. It’s normal to empathize with anyone in that situation, part of what makes us human. I feel bad for the decisions he made to put himself and the whole world in that situation.

AND 1942.2 didn’t even come with Tigers.  Le sigh.

• I was watching the rest of the original movie and decided to add a new 3 min scene at the beginning with footage of the strategy discussion…

Here’s the new link

• Crud, the new version won’t load on my phone (“restricted content?”). I’ll have to check it out tomorrow.

• They’ve blocked it - it says:

“This video contains content from geotv and Constantin Film, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that.”

Did this right when I got two of my friends to sit down and watch…:(

• @Der:

They’ve blocked it - it says:

“This video contains content from geotv and Constantin Film, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that.”

Did this right when I got two of my friends to sit down and watch…:(

Sorry, I think the problem may be the background music since they didn’t block the movie before. I’ll remove it and try uploading it again.

Yup, should fix the problem. The use of the movie scene is considered fair use under copyright law, so that shouldn’t be the issue.

Here’s the link

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m