Another new axis and allies style game… about Norway

• @Variable:

Less than $19 on the exchange rate but I bet shipping is a bear… Reloader, maybe you could bring back like 20 copies?

Assuming he’s flying, I think that might put him substantially over his two-suitcase space allowance.

• '16 Customizer

How lucky, I’m moving to Europe! Yes, I’m sure shipping would be a pain… hmmm

• @Variable:

Less than $19 on the exchange rate but I bet shipping is a bear… Reloader, maybe you could bring back like 20 copies?

Where did you find it at $19? The exchange rate should make it around 80$  :-P  1 USD = 6 NOK

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

You’re right, $80. I misread the website and calculated the savings… Doh!

• Just out of curiosity; did you guys find the game?

If not, “Noble Knight Games” ships inside the US

• Is this shit real? Looks too good to be true.
    Ill get one for sure  :-D

• The only ‘pieces’ it comes with are infantry?
    Game board also looks very small, and only 1 unit per space?
    Seems expensive at 80$ considering this

• Customizer

Guys,

––I think Norway could make a very interesting tactical/strategy scenario for an A&A style game. I’d be very interested in hearing a review/opinion from anyone who buys this game. For example, how exactly are the cards involved, etc.
    ----This certain looks to have potential.

“Tall Paul”

• Hi guys

@uncrustable & Tall Paul

The board is approx. 15 x 30 inches.
    (boardgamegeek.com/image/1232376/kampen-om-norge)

The only pieces included are infantry, other forces and actions are represented by “action cards.”

Ships are represented by “ship cards” with their identity hidden from the enemy, for a fog of war effect.
    (boardgamegeek.com/image/1305457/kampen-om-norge)

Also more information and downloadable rules booklet can be found here:
    kampenomnorge.no/english

Hope this helped  :-)

yngve
    designer
    kampen om norge

• Customizer

yngve,

––Thanks for the info on this seemingly promising game.  I’m probably like most A&A gamers in that I would plan on using all of my existing A&A, HBG, and FMG pieces in the game to replace the cards. Although I must admit that $ 80 seems a bit high for only a small mapboard and little else,…I will probably be buying one of these before long.
    ----Thanks again.

“Tall Paul”

• 80$ is the same price as Europe ad pacific 2nd editions, where you get much larger board and tons of pieces in many different sculpts

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Uncrustable:

80$ is the same price as Europe ad pacific 2nd editions, where you get much larger board and tons of pieces in many different sculpts

Economy of scale. WOTC gets a way better deal on cost because they make so many copies.

• @Variable:

@Uncrustable:

80$ is the same price as Europe ad pacific 2nd editions, where you get much larger board and tons of pieces in many different sculpts

Economy of scale. WOTC gets a way better deal on cost because they make so many copies.

True, also shipping costs to the US were higher than expected.

• The combat system is quite different from A&A, so it would be difficult to replace cards with extra pieces directly. Dice work differently from A&A as well.

Cards are used throughout the game sequence; for additional movement, combat bonuses, special actions and reinforcements. Building combos of cards on your hand is part of the strategic element in the game.

All 170 cards in the game have authentic pictures.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m