• Hi Loz. Did you not want to get both together or do you think 42’s date will be postponed too and would rather not wait and see?

• TripleA '12

To be honest mate, it didn’t even cross my mind. I’m hungry for new A&A games and just want to get my greedy mits on 'em asap! If I can possibly get a copy 1941 any sooner than 27th July then I’m happy with that. Are you gonna wait then?

• Was just on cool stuff, where I last saw it, but have forgotten password.
    Will probably buy too. Would be rude to let you be the only English forum
    Representative with it!

• Just checked my tracking number and it is on the vehicle for delivery today.  Very excited.  Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

I do pay $79 yearly for Amazon Prime.  I buy almost everything I need there.  With no tax and free 2nd day shipping, I feel like I save way more then the $79 I pay and don’t have to wait 1 or 2 weeks with the free super saver shipping Amazon offers.  Plus Amazon usually has pretty good prices.  Equal if not better then most retailers i.e. Target or Best Buy.

Anyways…back on subject…Game tonight.  One person has never played A & A, so this will be a good test to see if I can get them hooked.

• Customizer

@boboshonda:

Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

With any luck you’ll be playing a game before DJ posts his review. Can you post a recap of your game tomorrow?

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@boboshonda:

Already set a game up with 3 friends tonight.

With any luck you’ll be playing a game before DJ posts his review. Can you post a recap of your game tomorrow?

I will.  Should be interesting with me being a regular 1-2 time a month 1940 global player, 1 semi-regular player, 1 novice player and 1 new player.  I need to remember patience.  Even though it is an easy game for us, I need to remember the new player knows nothing about simple movement like Tanks can go 2 spaces.  :lol:

• The reaction of novice players will be especially interesting since one of the avowed purposes of this particular edition is to introduce new players to the A&A line.

• Customizer

@Cromwell_Dude:

@CWO:

The reaction of novice players will be especially interesting since one of the avowed purposes of this particular edition is to introduce new players to the A&A line.

Well said.

I would also be quite interested in the reaction (and gaming background) of the novice and new players experience.

• I’ll post the results and reactions of the players and whether they like it or not.  The Novice player has played A&A once and was France just so they could watch and try to learn.  It was way too much for them for a first time and they felt lost and kind of walked away thinking they didn’t like the game.  I’m hoping this new game will help ease them into the rules.
    The new player is more of a monopoly/trivial Pursuit type game player.  The closest they have come to a A & A game was “Zombies”.  Which is a fun game in itself, but nothing like A & A.  So not close at all actually.  :roll:

UPS says it is sitting on my front pourch right now!!  Let the game begin!!!

• Just ordered it off Amazon. Looking forward to it.

• Customizer

Hey Guys,
    I got my 1941 game today. Haven’t had time to play it yet, but I checked everything out. Below is a pic of all the game components laid out. The board is about the same size as Spring 1942 board. It folds/unfolds kind of weird to me. The cut in the middle goes lengthwise through the middle section and one end section. It works okay, just seems kind of weird to me.
    The cardboard pieces (Control Markers, Battle Board, Casualty Strip and Stacking Chips) are significantly thinner than the pieces from Europe 40 or Anniversary. However, they are a little thicker than the pieces from Pacific 40 and Revised. Not crazy about them but I suppose they will work decent enough. I won’t use the cardboard stacking chips, I can tell you that right now. They come in 3 colors: Grey = 1, Green = 3 and Red = 5. One, Three and Five!? Are we playing RISK now?
    I flipped through the Instruction Book and found no reference to the missing 2 IPCs from United States IPC chart. In fact, in the section in the front where it states the starting amounts for each country, that also says United States starts at 15 IPCs. So, I figure it is either a mis-print in the book and perhaps they simply missed a couple of small territories when counting up USA’s starting IPCs. OR it could also be a mis-print on the map itself. Perhaps Hawaii and the Philippines are not supposed to be worth anything instead of being worth 1 IPC each. Most of the other islands are not worth anything in this game, including New Guinea and New Zealand. Borneo is only worth 1 and East Indies is worth 2. So, maybe when the printed the map, they gave values to too many US territories by accident.
    I don’t know if there is yet a FAQ/Errata page for this game, but when there is, I imagine that will be one of the first things covered.
    One other important feature of this game is no new ICs. What is on the board is all you are going to get. Also, no SBRs. It is truly a very simple game, but might be fun none the less.

Game Layout.JPG

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Way to go Amazon!!!  Can I get “Dark Knight Rises” on blu-ray by Monday???

• Customizer

Now here is a couple of pics I think a lot of us have been waiting for: Comparisons to current A&A pieces.
    First we have Infantry and Tanks. The new Infantry look identical to what we currently have from the 1940 games. I can’t tell any difference at all.
    The new Tiger tanks are pretty cool. I was looking closely at the Tiger next to the Panther tanks and they seem to be in perfect proportion to one another. In case any of you didn’t know, the Panther tank was actually a little bit longer than the Tiger tank, although I think the turret on the Tiger was bigger.
    The IS-2 tanks look really cool too. I didn’t realize the IS-2 was built so low. I just thought it was bigger, but these pieces seem to be in proper proportion.
    While I don’t care for the Tigers in Japanese Orange (Japanese Tiger Tanks are ridiculous, IMO), I kind of like the IS-2s in American Green and British Tan. Somehow they just look better.

Next we have the Air Units: Fighters and Bombers.
    The Fw-190 and P-40 Fighters came out really good I think. These even rival HBG’s versions from Axis Minors and US Supplement sets.
    I’m not so sure about Japanese Fw-190s but the P-40s work good for all the Allies. I know the US sent several to Russia and I think England used some too.
    Really like the He-111 Bombers, if just to get some new German bombers for variety. I was pretty fine with the Halifax so I don’t have much of an opinion on the Lancaster Bomber. I do think it is more of an iconic bomber for Britain and WOTC did a great job sculpting these as well.

Naval vessels in next post.

Land Units.JPG
    Air Units.JPG

• Customizer

Now here are the Naval pieces.
    First the Battleships and Carriers. I still find it odd that they chose a Soviet carrier for the Allies, but I also think it is cool. Even though the Soviet Union didn’t have much of a naval presence in the second world war, it’s nice for them to be represented anyway.
    The Kongo and Hood Battlecruiser sculpts look really good. Not crazy about Germany having an IJN Kongo or American having an HMS Hood, but cool looking pieces none the less.

Next are the smaller ships: Destroyers, Submarines and Transports.
    I really like the new sculpts for all of these and think they show much more detailing than previous WOTC pieces. The Japanese Akitzuki class Destroyer is really a skinny little ship. It kind of reminds me of the skinny little destroyers you would get with Xeno.

Well, enjoy the pics everyone.

Capital Sea Units.JPG
    Lesser Sea Units.JPG

• Excellent post!!  I’m really looking forward to these new pieces.

• Customizer

Thanks for the much needed details. Greatly appreciated.

• Thanks for the pictures.  Let us know how your first game turns out.

• LMFAO!!! I Love two things about this pic…

1. you bought a TABLE FOR THE GAME
    2. Underneath are countless HBG boxes that were used for delivery. I got a pile of them myself
  • '10

That is funny. I got the same thing going for me. A table I bought for A&A set up with a map on it and 50 little white boxes underneath. They’ve been there forever, but it’s like out of sight, out of mind.

• TripleA '12

Firstly, much kudos to knp7765 for his hard work on this. Pictures and details were amazing.

@knp7765:

I flipped through the Instruction Book and found no reference to the missing 2 IPCs from United States IPC chart. In fact, in the section in the front where it states the starting amounts for each country, that also says United States starts at 15 IPCs. So, I figure it is either a mis-print in the book and perhaps they simply missed a couple of small territories when counting up USA’s starting IPCs. OR it could also be a mis-print on the map itself. Perhaps Hawaii and the Philippines are not supposed to be worth anything instead of being worth 1 IPC each. Most of the other islands are not worth anything in this game, including New Guinea and New Zealand. Borneo is only worth 1 and East Indies is worth 2. So, maybe when the printed the map, they gave values to too many US territories by accident.
    I don’t know if there is yet a FAQ/Errata page for this game, but when there is, I imagine that will be one of the first things covered.

I actually think you’re right on the money there, mate. I also thought that the U.S. territories of Panama and West Indies were incorrectly given IPC values of 1, when I first saw the map. But we will find out soon enough I’m sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m