Apparently, Hitler may have escaped.

• [quote author=Gargantua link=topic=27503.msg970028#msg970028 date=1338991842]
    After more reading/research/review.  My gut tells me to agree with IL.

This was Soviet Spun propoganda.

And unfortunately, at no point was Argentina interested in joining on the side of the Axis! (Though they were sympathetic to their cause)

Spain was a more realistic candidate for that.
    [/quote]

Have you watched the tv show nazi hunters? there was a ton of nazi’s pulled out from that country that had an arrangement with the government.

• Has anyone read books like rise of the 4th reich and Nazi Inc. they are about what happened to the nazi’s after the war and what they have been up to (they are anti nazi books just to clarify).

Martin bormann is exhibit A for nazi’s that were officially killed that everyone in the know, knows that he survived.

• How would Stalin have dealt with a Hitler captured by the Soviet Union?

• Customizer

@ABWorsham:

How would Stalin have dealt with a Hitler captured by the Soviet Union?

I would like to think much the same way Satan might have. Or perhaps does if you belies the literature.

• @ABWorsham:

How would Stalin have dealt with a Hitler captured by the Soviet Union?

The last chapter of Joseph Heywood’s novel “The Berkut” offers one speculative answer.

As far as real history goes, Stalin once proposed to Roosevelt and Churchill (when the three were discussing plans for dealing with post-war Germany) that Germany’s top 50,000 or so leaders be rounded up and summarily executed.  Roosevelt, who thought Stalin was joking, responded that executing 49,000 might suffice. Stalin wasn’t joking, however, and it took some persuasion to get him to agree to putting the Third Reich’s top leadership on trial at Nuremberg.

• '17

@CWO:

As far as real history goes, Stalin once proposed to Roosevelt and Churchill (when the three were discussing plans for dealing with post-war Germany) that Germany’s top 50,000 or so leaders be rounded up and summarily executed.

What do you think the rank of the 50,000th lowest person on that list would have been?

That’s a really interesting fact … reminds me of Roman or Byzantine reprisals.

• @wheatbeer:

@CWO:

As far as real history goes, Stalin once proposed to Roosevelt and Churchill (when the three were discussing plans for dealing with post-war Germany) that Germany’s top 50,000 or so leaders be rounded up and summarily executed.

What do you think the rank of the 50,000th lowest person on that list would have been?

I guess the answer depends on whether Stalin was talking about the civilian government leadership alone, the military leadership alone, or a combination of both.

• @wheatbeer:

@CWO:

Or how bloody annoyed he would have been to have given in to his wife’s nagging:" you deserve that job. We could have a bigger house, a new dress…"

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The Nazi party had S/N’s for it’s membership.

60 in the 1920’s to 8.5million by 1945.

You could easily just pick the 50,000 first members, that were still living, and execute them.

There were detailed files…

• Hitler’s party number was 555.  The number of the BEAST!  :evil:

• @Vance:

Hitler’s party number was 555.  The number of the BEAST!Â

I have a vague recollection that his party number was actually 7, but I could be wrong.  At the time he joined it, the party didn’t even have its full NSDAP name and it was just a tiny micro-group.  554 members ahead of Hitler sounds way too high.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Vance:

Hitler’s party number was 555.  The number of the BEAST!  :evil:

The number of the beast is 666. Or 616, according to some.

From the Book of Revelation:

I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon. 13:12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13:13 He performs great signs, even making fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the sight of people. 13:14 He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast; saying to those who dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived. 13:15 It was given to him to give breath to it, to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause as many as wouldn’t worship the image of the beast to be killed. 13:16 He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads; 13:17 and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name. 13:18 Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m