Historical Board Gaming (HBG) new pieces rules

• Customizer

Hey IL,
    Did you remove the specifications for the B-25 bomber? I could have sworn I saw it up there earlier and thought you had a good idea with that one.
    Attack = 3, Defense = 1, Move = 6. I don’t remember the cost, but probably should be 10 or 11? Would a medium bomber like the B-25 cost as much as a fighter or a tactical bomber?

I think lowering the attack value is good enough, don’t need to lower the range as well. Like you said, that might make it a useless unit. If it costs 10, hits at 3 but can only move 4, then why not get a fighter, right? Leave the range, lower the payload and price from regular bombers and I think you’ve got a good piece there.

• Did you remove the specifications for the B-25 bomber? I could have sworn I saw it up there earlier and thought you had a good idea with that one.
    Attack = 3, Defense = 1, Move = 6. I don’t remember the cost, but probably should be 10 or 11? Would a medium bomber like the B-25 cost as much as a fighter or a tactical bomber?

I think lowering the attack value is good enough, don’t need to lower the range as well. Like you said, that might make it a useless unit. If it costs 10, hits at 3 but can only move 4, then why not get a fighter, right? Leave the range, lower the payload and price from regular bombers and I think you’ve got a good piece there.

Who has already made this piece?  I miss-labeled the skytrain as a light bomber.

• Customizer

IL,

HBG made the B-25 Mitchell medium bomber available in their U.S. Supplement Set at the same time as the Paratroopers and C-46s.

“Tall Paul”

• Show me the link on his site. I only see two American based products that are out: Marines and the American set. Marines got just fighters, other got one bomber type of plane.

• '10

@Imperious:

Show me the link on his site. I only see two American based products that are out: Marines and the American set. Marines got just fighters, other got one bomber type of plane.

Dark Green:
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–United-States-Supplement-set-Dark-Green_p_626.html

Olive Drab:
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces--United-States-Supplement-set-Olive-Drab_p_663.html

• ok got it. I didn’t notice two bomber types since i sent them back to get OOB colors.

I will adjust the unit profiles shortly.

• What are your thoughts on the early war fighter for the US. The P40 fighter, I guess one will go to China at start up as the Flying Tigers.

• Well the issue is most players are not getting any early war fighters. Id just assume the P-40 was a total OOB replacement and the p-38 could be something else.

• The info. for the B-25 and any thoughts about German set #2, The Early War Russian Set, or French Set that we have a list knowing what they are going to be. And what are you’re thoughts about the Table Tactics accessories stuff?

• I don’t deal with table tactics. The Quality is too marginal. The ships are terrible and they don’t belong on the game table.

I have bought alot of that product but no longer use them since HBG and FMG

• Customizer

IL,

I too have some Table Tactics pieces. And I wholeheartedly agree with your conclusions on their detail quality, or lack thereof.

“Tall Paul”

• I agree with the quality but i don’t know where else to get b-29s and v-2s.

• Infantry w/ M36 Helmet
    122mm M-30 Artillery (not sure here)
    T-26 Light Tank (I was thinking 2/2/2/4 Tank can be built until Russia is at war then Russia can build OOB Tanks)
    T-34/76 Medium tank (not sure what to do here, would have rather it been T-34/85 just so it’s different than OOB Tank)
    KV-2 Heavy Tank (Russian Mobile Artillery??)
    Su-76 Tank Destroyer (Russian Tank Destroyer)
    Kaytusha SP Artillery (Special Russian Unit, I was thinking 3/1/2/6 secret sub strike ability but on land)
    I-16 Early War Fighter (2/3/4/7 Fighter can be built until Russia is at war then Russia can build OOB Fighters)
    Su-2 Tac Bomber (2/2/4/8 Tac Bomber can be built until Russia is at war then Russia can build OOB Tac Bombers)
    IL-4 Medium Bomber (Russian B-25??)
    Gaz-60 Mech (1/2/2/5 Mech Inf. that can tow Artillery??)
    Bf-110 Tac Bombers (not sure here)
    210mm Morser 18 Heavy Artillery (not sure here)
    Panzer IV Medium Tanks (not sure how to do the jump from Panzer III to Panzer IV to OOB Panther)
    Elefant Heavy Tank Destroyers (not sure)
    Me-262 Jet Fighters (4/5/4/10 Need Jet Fighter Tech to build)
    Ju-488 Heavy Bomber (This Bomber never saw production, from what i’ve read, but if anything I think it should be the  America Bomber that being said and counting territories for range i come up with 4/1/11/18 need long range aircraft and heavy bombers to build
    251 Halftracks-Mech (1/2/2/5 Mech. Inf that can tow Artillery??)
    Do-17 Medium Bomber (stuck again with Ju-88 and He-111 not sure how to deal with this one)

Are all units coming out and they don’t have rules yet. I would like to hit the ground running with them, straight from the box to the game board. Some of them are just Russian versions of Axis Minor Units and some are German versions of American Units.

• Customizer

Yavid,

The “Coach” at HBG had planned to produce the B-29 SuperFortress in his “U.S. Naval Supplement Set” but that set has temporarily been post-poned due to not quite enough support. It was going to be a set of mostly Naval ships that would’ve been produced in addition to his regularly scheduled items. I imagine that they, HBG would be very interested in producing the B-29 sometime later. So stay tuned. Both HBG and FMG have already started unleashing a wave of new units for all of our enjoyment.

“Tall Paul”

• lol i know i check hbg page everyday waiting for the germany #2 set and the Early War Russian set. Hey while i’m on the subject Coach can you update the page. You still have Germany #2 coming out April 1rst and if you’re feeling really nice put up a new release date.

I personally wouldn’t have done the sets per nation but per piece. IE Paratroops set, little tank set, SPA Set, but then again for marketing reasons a set per nation works better.

I’m loving the idea that one day and hopefully soon every nation will be sporting it’s own equipment. No more American Artillery with UK and USSR markings. No more Japanese mech. inf. with German markings.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yavid:

Here are a few HBG updates for you. First, the Neutrals are the next set due out. They are on schedule for May 1st. Second, not sure how long ago you checked the German #2 set, but it shows June 1st. However, I think that date got pushed back a bit since there were color issues and markups on some sets ahead of it (Minors and Russians). The Russians will be next after Neutrals since the sculpts are already done for them. I would think they may be done around June 1, but I will let Coach confirm that. That means a good guess for Germany #2 would be around the beginning of July, but it’s impossible to do anything more than guess at that right now since the sculpts are not even done. That is the most important part of the process.

To answer why nations were done instead of units:

Each set of sculpts are injection molded on a single “tree” or “sprue”. This sprue can only be a single color, like a model kit. So, if we did a set of all paratroops, for example, they would all be the same color. So you would end up with every sculpt in every color… not too cost effective. Plus, doing it this way also gives the flexibility of choosing a different color for a given set of sculpts anytime we want. Changing colors is cheap. Changing molds is EXPENSIVE!

• Thanks for the update. Guess when i check your site i should try something new like reading the info. instead of looking at the pretty pics. lol. i’m familiar with the ‘tree’ as that how table tactics sold there product and i believe it’s how Classic pieces were but to be honest that was so long ago I don’t remember anymore.

• Infantry with Rifle–-Waffen SS Infantry–-2-2-1-4 units—can be boosted by artillery.
    Infantry with Panzerfaust—Volkstrum Infantry–1-1-1-3 units. Can be built only after enemy forces capture original territory at the rate of 1 Unit per controlled VC per turn.
    105mm Artillery—Heavy Artillery–-fires preemptively at 3 in first round, then it becomes 2-2-1-5 unit
    38t Light Tank —Early War “light Tank”–-2-2-2-4— Can be built for first 2 turns only
    Panzer III Medium Tank—Mid War “Medium Tank”–- 3-2-2-5—Can be built from turn 3+
    Opel Maultier truck—Truck Transport–-0-1-2-6—boosts any 2 land units that move 1, one extra space ( like 2 infantry now move two spaces)
    Hummel SPA Artillery —Self Propelled Artillery–-3-3-2-8—Selects defenders hit on roll of one
    Stug III Tank Destroyer—Assault Gun–-3-2-2-7—Selects defenders hit on roll of one
    Fw190 Fighter—Mid War Fighter Design–-4-4-5-12—These can be built from turn 4+
    232 Armored Car—Armored Infantry–-2-1-2-4—Built anytime

• '18

Darn it IL!  Every time I think I have our house rules nailed down you make me rethink them…Good ideas and despite the reworking it creates with our group we are thankful for the time you put into the thoughts presented.

Curious though - how many of these do you use, with any regularity?

• '16 Customizer

Thank you so much! I was planning on figuring out how to work these in, but you’ve done it already? Just curious, has this had any playtesting? I know I’ll be working it in to my games in the future!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m