• @Veqryn:

Hi Krieg,

this may have been answered before, but it didn’t come up on the first 3 pages of searching so here it goes:

lets say there is a Major IC that is damaged to the max of 20 points of damage.

And then this IC is captured by another player, thereby being converted into a Minor IC.

How much damage does this new Minor IC have on it?  20 or 6?

6.  Krieghund has confirmed before, yes.

Other clarifications:
    I can’t upgrade this minor on the same turn can I?  (assuming it is on original territory that i owned)

No, you have to control the minor at the beginning of your turn.

• Customizer

yes is not a number

is it 20 or is it 6?

• Sponsor

Russia attacks Manchuria R2 and takes it, Japan takes Manchuria back J2, Japan attacks Amur J3. Are the Mongolian territories converted to Russian under this scenario?

• @Veqryn:

yes is not a number

is it 20 or is it 6?

@Gamerman01:

6.  Krieghund has confirmed before, yes.

He wrote 6.  It’s right there.

• @Young:

Russia attacks Manchuria R2 and takes it, Japan takes Manchuria back J2, Japan attacks Amur J3. Are the Mongolian territories converted to Russian under this scenario?

If Russia attacks Manchuria (and as Manchuria borders mongolian territories), Mongolia will no longer ally itself to Russia if Japan attacks a russian territory that borders mongolia.

From the current Alpha 3 rules:  If the Soviet Union attacks any Japanese-controlled territory bordering these Mongolian territories while Mongolia is still neutral, Mongolia will remain neutral and not ally itself with the Soviet Union. In addition, the Mongolian territories will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union.

• Customizer

interesting, thanks for the quick answers

• Sponsor

Does all damage need to be payed before a factory gets upgraded?

• @Young:

Does all damage need to be payed before a factory gets upgraded?

Yes.  See page #24 of Europe manual, last sentence under first paragraph under IC’s.

• Can i use all the Transports movement and then bridge units?
    Im thinking yes, but id like to be sure.

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Sponsor

Need quick clarification. Is Central US adjacent to Ontario in regards to land unit movements?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

Need quick clarification. Is Central US adjacent to Ontario in regards to land unit movements?

Yes between Lake Huron and Lake Eire.

• @special:

@Warplayer12:

1. if somebody attacks a strict neutral, all the other strict neutrals join the other side.  i think we have to made a exception for Mongolia, which was a soviet puppet state from the 1920s until 1992
    2. you mean attacking?
    3. alpha 3 rule: If the Japanese attack any Soviet territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory , all Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and Buyant-Uhaa) are placed under the control of the Soviet Union at the end of the Japanese Combat Move phase, in the same manner as though the Soviet Union had moved land units into a friendly neutral territory. These territories have Soviet control markers placed on them, and their standing army units are placed on the board and are controlled by the Soviet Union player from then on. This occurs regardless of the state of relations between the Soviet Union and Japan at the time of the attack, with one exception. If the Soviet Union attacks any Japanese-controlled territory bordering these Mongolian territories while Mongolia is still neutral, Mongolia will remain neutral and not ally itself with the Soviet Union.

she’s talking about 3 things happening in that order, 3 steps, not 3 seperate things.

Jen, do you mean: what happens to the Mongolia rules after the Allies have attacked a true neutral?

I think the logical thing would be that, once Mongolia has become pro-Axis (if they do), that they won’t change their mind when an ally attacks an enemy right next to them.  But that’s just my thought.

sorry, i missed that.

• Sponsor

Lets say my aircraft carrier with 2 fighters is attacked by 2 destroyers. During the first round, the destroyers each score hits, but I also sink both destroyers with my casualty fire. If I decide to apply both hits to the carrier, can my fighters land safely elsewhere within range, or are they required to land on the undamaged carrier essentially forcing me to apply both hits to the 2 aircraft?

• @Young:

Lets say my aircraft carrier with 2 fighters is attacked by 2 destroyers. During the first round, the destroyers each score hits, but I also sink both destroyers with my casualty fire. If I decide to apply both hits to the carrier, can my fighters land safely elsewhere within range, or are they required to land on the undamaged carrier essentially forcing me to apply both hits to the 2 aircraft?

If you want the planes to land somewhere besides the carrier, you would need to take one or both hits on the carrier, making it so the planes cannot land there.

You cannot choose to have the planes land on an island or territory in/by that seazone or carrier in an adjacent seazone unless the carrier can no longer pick them up (one, or more).

That said, you’re not obligated to assign damage to keep the planes alive.  You can, if you wanted to, apply both points of damage to the carrier and the planes could have no other available landing space.  You wouldn’t do this, but you can.

So you could either:

1. take both hits on the carrier - two planes need a landing space within one move or they die.
    2. take one hit on the carrier and one hit on a plane - the remaining plane needs a landing space within one move or it dies.
    3. take both hits on the planes.  Carrier remains undamaged.
  • Sponsor

So in my senerio, the aircraft get a movement value of 1 to land safely. That would mean that there would need to be a friendly island within or friendly territory adjacent to contested sea zone in order to lose the carrier and still save the fighters. Is that what you’re saying?

• @Young:

So in my senerio, the aircraft get a movement value of 1 to land safely. That would mean that there would need to be a friendly island within or friendly territory adjacent to contested sea zone in order to lose the carrier and still save the fighters. Is that what you’re saying?

yes.

• '12

The latest update to alpha 3 says that carrier based aircraft can roll for disruption but the carrier can’t roll in this case.  Does this mean a carrier with no aircraft aboard gets to roll?

• Sponsor

Let’s say my carrier with 2 fighters attacks 5 enemy destroyers. I score 2 hits with my fighters sinking 2 destroyers, and the return fire also hit me twice. Can I choose to sink my carrier and continue the battle with my fighters, even though they have no legal landing if they survive? My guess is yes, as long as I arrive with a legal landing space (the carrier) I can sink my carrier knowing that if my fighters survive, they too will crash in the water without the required landing space when the battle is finished, is that correct?

Also (same senerio), if my fighters, have already used their maximum movement value to enter the contested sea zone, and I decide to retreat my 2 fighters after I have sunk my carrier after round one, do I receive the 1 movement alowence to land in a friendly territory (if one exists) from the direction in which the attacking units came from? Or am I required to continue the battle without the possibility of retreat?

• Official Q&A

@moralecheck:

The latest update to alpha 3 says that carrier based aircraft can roll for disruption but the carrier can’t roll in this case.  Does this mean a carrier with no aircraft aboard gets to roll?

It does not.

@Young:

Let’s say my carrier with 2 fighters attacks 5 enemy destroyers. I score 2 hits with my fighters sinking 2 destroyers, and the return fire also hit me twice. Can I choose to sink my carrier and continue the battle with my fighters, even though they have no legal landing if they survive? My guess is yes, as long as I arrive with a legal landing space (the carrier) I can sink my carrier knowing that if my fighters survive, they too will crash in the water without the required landing space when the battle is finished, is that correct?

Yes.

@Young:

Also (same senerio), if my fighters, have already used their maximum movement value to enter the contested sea zone, and I decide to retreat my 2 fighters after I have sunk my carrier after round one, do I receive the 1 movement alowence to land in a friendly territory (if one exists) from the direction in which the attacking units came from? Or am I required to continue the battle without the possibility of retreat?

You may retreat, but the fighters get no extra movement and will crash in the sea zone after the battle, so there is no reason to retreat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m