• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gargantua:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24750.105

Also, can I have a few people LOOK at what happend in the last turn?

Commander Jen attacked with 9 infantry, 2 of which couldn’t make it.

Of course, my guys do well on defence, and I tell her she has to remove the excess dice for the infantry that “Didn’t Exist”.

Now AFTER dice are rolled, she’s trying to tell me, that she should be able to shuffle her aircraft, because her poorly designed attack failed?  Krieghund, can I get a ruling here???  If her dice had been HITS, and the combat over, she wouldn’t be asking to move the aircraft.

Wait, I didnt say I SHOULD be able to shuffle aircraft.  I said I WANT too.  There’s a huge difference there.

And stop rolling dice for my attacking units!  Dang it all to heck for 5 minutes.  That’s just RUDE!

I know there was some special rule about the Russian navy in the baltic not doing squat about the German transport the round Germany declared war.  And the rational was that it was neutral during the combat move phase.

Unless Larry and Krieghund later changed their mind on that and failed to tell me. (Happens a lot.  They don’t seem to realize I am the Goddess of Splendiferousness!  They need to notify me!  No, Yes they do dang it!  I am that important!)

~ Hey, if I am going to be accused of having an over developed sense of self, I’ll bloody well develop one!

• Official Q&A

OK.  I’m not sure what the actual game situation really is here, so I’ll just address the rules question.  The rule is that transports may load in a hostile sea zone only if they started the turn in the sea zone and it just became hostile as a result of a declaration of war in that turn.  Beyond that, all normal rules applying to units beginning the turn in a hostile sea zone apply.

For example, if a German transport and a Soviet battleship share sea zone 115 at the beginning of G2, then Germany declares war on the USSR at the beginning of the Combat Move phase, Germany may load units from Finland onto the transport for an amphibous assault on Novgorod despite the presence of the Soviet battleship.  However, those same units may not unload into Novgorod unless the Soviet battleship is sunk, clearing the sea zone of enemy surface warships and making it friendly to Germany.

Of course, per the normal rules applying to units beginning the turn in a hostile sea zone, if Germany is not planning on attacking the battleship, the transport must leave the zone in the Combat Move phase.  It may, however, still load the units from Finland if it wants to make an amphibious assault elsewhere.

These rules have been in effect in AA40 from the beginning, and have not changed.

@Krieghund:

OK.  I’m not sure what the actual game situation really is here, so I’ll just address the rules question.  The rule is that transports may load in a hostile sea zone only if they started the turn in the sea zone and it just became hostile as a result of a declaration of war in that turn.  Beyond that, all normal rules applying to units beginning the turn in a hostile sea zone apply.

For example, if a German transport and a Soviet battleship share sea zone 115 at the beginning of G2, then Germany declares war on the USSR at the beginning of the Combat Move phase, Germany may load units from Finland onto the transport for an amphibous assault on Novgorod despite the presence of the Soviet battleship.  However, those same units may not unload into Novgorod unless the Soviet battleship is sunk, clearing the sea zone of enemy surface warships and making it friendly to Germany.

And, presumably, take the loaded infantry and use them in an amphibious assault assuming a clear path (no enemy warships in the way.)

I knew it was SOMETHING, I just couldnt remember what it was.  So yea, I was not permitted to move the transport through SZ 14 to get to SZ 113 and pick up the guys in Denmark.  Didn’t turn out to be a huge deal, what was more of a huge deal was SOMEONE ROLLING MY DICE FOR ME!  (that is the epitome of being rude, in my book.  Defender is one thing, rolling my attacking dice is RUDE!  It is almost unforgivable!)

• One more thing, if I can.

Here’s the situation : Russia is neutral. It’s Germany’s turn. A german transport and a russian sub share sz 115 (no other ships). A Russian Battleship stand alone in sz 114. German declares on Russia… but there’s no way for Germany to sink either the russian sub or the russain BB. Since the transport can’t move out (BB would block and destroy it) here’s the question 1 :

Is the Russian sub sinks the German transport during Germany conduct battle phase?

Question 2:
    Furthermore… even if the BB could be sunk, since there’s no “legal” combat move for the transport to move to sz114 (the only way out of z115), I undestand it MUST stay in sz115 and wait his faith as Russian submarine will sink it during Gerrmany’s conduct battle phase… and therefore never have time to move away during germany’s non combat move.

Thank you  :-)

• Official Q&A

The transport is not in a hostile sea zone (subs don’t make a sea zone hostile), so it doesn’t have to do anything in combat movement.  It can just sit there and wait for the battleship to be sunk so that it can move away in noncombat movement.  Of course, it doesn’t have to move then, either, but it won’t last long if it doesn’t.

@Krieghund:

The transport is not in a hostile sea zone (subs don’t make a sea zone hostile), so it doesn’t have to do anything in combat movement.  It can just sit there and wait for the battleship to be sunk so that it can move away in noncombat movement.  Of course, it doesn’t have to move then, either, but it won’t last long if it doesn’t.

Oh neat!  That might have been helpful to know earlier, but, eh, ignorance of the rules is no defense!

• @Krieghund:

Great thanks. I forgot that subs don’t make a sea zone hostile, this makes it clear.

QUESTION : Russia is at war with Germany, but Russia is not at war with Japan. Is US troops can land in Russia’s territories in Pacific map

If the United States is at war they can.  But Russia will lose the NO.

• @BigBadBruce:

@Krieghund:

The transport is not in a hostile sea zone (subs don’t make a sea zone hostile), so it doesn’t have to do anything in combat movement.  It can just sit there and wait for the battleship to be sunk so that it can move away in noncombat movement.  Of course, it doesn’t have to move then, either, but it won’t last long if it doesn’t.

Great thanks. I forgot that subs don’t make a sea zone hostile, this makes it clear.

QUESTION : Russia is at war with Germany, but Russia is not at war with Japan. Is US troops can land in Russia’s territories in Pacific map

@Cmdr:

If the United States is at war they can.  But Russia will lose the NO.

Jenn, fyi, you’re wrong.

If Russia is neutral on the Pacific Map, the US CANNOT land or move through Russian territories on the Pacific Map.  No Matter What.

As soon as Russia declares war on Japan, then, and only then, can an Allied unit move through or into a Russian territory on the Pacific map (assuming in the US’s case, that they are at war with at least one power).

• Thank you kcdzim… so I thought too, but wasn’t sure. Since it’s with a game with Jenn, I rather double check before.

As someone said, Russia has special rules regarding maps. If not at war in Pacific, then no one can enter Russia territories, eventhough Russia is at war in Pacific… and vice-versa. (No one enters in Russia in European theater while not at war in Europe, even if waging war against Japan)

• You might consult Krieg on that one, he has stated in the past, that if you are at war with an axis, you are not “neutral”. I know the US, if at war with Japan, can land in UK,Anzac and Dutch territories even if UK and Anzac have not declared war…The same should hold true of USSR. I had asked him what would happen if Japan attacked my US navy, and my carrier planes needed to land, they were able to land on UK/Anzac/Dutch holdings since I was at war and they were at war with Germany. Hope that helps…The true question is, will USSR still be neutral. I think we can look to examples with China, it has been said they could land in Burma, with the UK neutral and Japan would have to DOW UK in order to attack it. If that logic holds, Japan would have to DOW USSR to attack US units in their territories…Very confusing at times. Hope that helps.

• Official Q&A

Kcdzim is correct.  James, what you’re saying is true, but only of every power other than the Soviet Union.  The USSR has special rules due to its separate treaties with Germany and Japan.  The Soviet Union is the only power that can be at war on one map and remain neutral on the other.

• Can purchased naval units be placed on naval bases and purchased air units placed on air bases?

I have read some posts here that have left me confused.

• @-Wolverine-:

Can purchased naval units be placed on naval bases and purchased air units placed on air bases?

I have read some posts here that have left me confused.

No.

Air bases give extra movement to aircraft launching from them and scrambling capabilities.
    Naval bases give extra movement to naval units starting in the adjoining sea zone, and repair capital ships.

An industrial complex is the entry point for all new units.

• Thank you, that is what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

• Regarding recent questions about neutrality/political situations:

You can quickly get into trouble (confused) if you try to use examples of one power to another.  China is not Russia, for example.  Really, each country has specific rules and few neutral/political/DOW rules can be applied across powers.  You should read the China rules to answer China questions, for example.

@Krieghund:

Kcdzim is correct.  James, what you’re saying is true, but only of every power other than the Soviet Union.  The USSR has special rules due to its separate treaties with Germany and Japan.  The Soviet Union is the only power that can be at war on one map and remain neutral on the other.

So I am 7/8ths right.  I’ll take 87.5% accuracy! (Fine, I am 100% wrong about Russia.)

• If, lets say, Italy captures a territory, may Germany land in its next turn?  Or must the territory be held for an entire round before that can occur?

• @-Wolverine-:

If, lets say, Italy captures a territory, may Germany land in its next turn?  Or must the territory be held for an entire round before that can occur?

Yeah, Germany can land there.  The only time planes can’t land there is if it was just taken by that nation that turn (not the entire round).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m