• @Cmdr:

Too bad the Philippino plane cannot go to Australia either.

Theoretically, it COULD go to China, but that’s out too, I believe

Can’t go to China, even though the flying tigers somehow got there.  :-P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Yea…sucks dontit?

• Allright, but the US can and it is encouraged to go in South America?

And in the Pacific, they cannot go anywhere?

• @MightyPol:

Allright, but the US can and it is encouraged to go in South America?

I told you to read the sidebar of Page 15 of the Europe 1940 manual.  It’s very clear that a power that is not at war (that begins the game neutral) cannot move land or air units into neutral territories (first sentence under “Movement:”)

And in the Pacific, they cannot go anywhere?

As you said, NAVAL units (including fighters on carriers) can go anywhere on the Pacific board that is not adjoining a Japanese controlled territory.  LAND and AIR units can only park on USA controlled territories before the USA is at war with an Axis power, and this applies to both Europe and Pacific halves.

USA cannot even move into Canada until at war with the Axis.
    Note that USA can move to zones such as Z54, but cannot use the Allied naval base until USA is at war.  So you could get to Australia from Hawaii in one move using the Hawaii naval base, but you can’t get back to Hawaii from Australia in one move (can only move two spaces from Z54) until the USA is at war.  This has tripped me up before - I move to 54 thinking I can get back to 26 in one turn but I can’t.

• @gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Well, prior to US involvment (or Dec 1941), that lightning could easily represent loaned Soviet planes.  After Nov 1941 the tigers were more or less in place.  So, if you want to be accurate about it, simply switch out the US plane for a soviet plane until the US is in the war (upon which time the soviet plane gets replaced).  Or don’t be so specific about what that chinese plane really represents beyond an airforce that could never be replaced by the chinese.

• Sponsor

Can an American transport pickup American troops in Morroco and than use the British naval base in Girbralter to move 3 sea zones?

• I guess a better question is explain to me how the US couldn’t use the naval base in Gibraltar.  In your example you have US at war with Germ(hence why they can move into Morocco in the first place)  So US and UK are allies….

• Sponsor

@JimmyHat:

I guess a better question is explain to me how the US couldn’t use the naval base in Gibraltar.  In your example you have US at war with Germ(hence why they can move into Morocco in the first place)  So US and UK are allies….

I figure because the transports are operating on the African coast, they wouldn’t be able to use the naval base on the opposite coast.

@Trisdin:

@JimmyHat:

I guess a better question is explain to me how the US couldn’t use the naval base in Gibraltar.  In your example you have US at war with Germ(hence why they can move into Morocco in the first place)  So US and UK are allies….

I figure because the transports are operating on the African coast, they wouldn’t be able to use the naval base on the opposite coast.

If that is the question, then you’re incorrect.  The naval base services all allied naval ships in the sea zone it is adjacent too (or more than one as the case may be.)  Just because you are collecting units on Morocco does not negate your use of the Gibraltar Naval Base just like picking up units in Korea does not negate use of the Japanese Naval Base.

• Sponsor

Ok, thanks for that.

• Hello!

Questions:

1. Is sz 119 adjacent to sz 109? (Or do you really have to move through sz 118 and 108 to get from sz 119 to sz 109?)

2. Is sz 118 adjacent to sz 109?

Thanks!

Both 119 and 118 are adjacent to SZ 109 on the west coast of England

• @Cmdr:

Both 119 and 118 are adjacent to SZ 109 on the west coast of England

Dankeschön!

• Probably answered several times before, apologies if so. If I buy surface ships in a country whereby the sea zone is occupied with enemy ships, can I still build there and do the ships have to fight when placed or in the other’s turn? Many thanks

• @Admiral:

Probably answered several times before, apologies if so. If I buy surface ships in a country whereby the sea zone is occupied with enemy ships, can I still build there and do the ships have to fight when placed or in the other’s turn? Many thanks

You can always place in sea zones adjacent to your operable complexes, no matter what enemy units are in them.  You do not have a battle at that time - it is the mobilize units phase.

During your enemy’s turn, they must decide to either leave or fight during their combat move phase.  This is one of the times when you may move during the combat move phase and the move does not result in combat - to move out of a zone with enemy surface warships.

So yes you can build there, and no the ships do not have to fight when placed (nor can they).

• Sponsor

What happens to Japanese factories that China capures?

• That is earlier in this thread or here in the FAQ;

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4278

• Please specify the NO you are referring too, and if you are playing OOB or Alpha 2.  If Alpha 2 here is the link to all you need to know….pssst, print it out.

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4167&sid=2274c8ba2597d94cf21b3a4e5784a842

• '22 '19 '18

@Trisdin:

What happens to Japanese factories that China capures?

They are destroyed.

• Regarding sub vs. sub combat: The rulebook doesnt seem to be clear on the procedure for these kinds of battles. If my lone sub is attacked by another lone sub, does the defending sub get to choose to submerge before the attacker can conduct the surprise attack? Or do they both roll for the surprise attack, and then the defender can choose to submerge afterwards?

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m