• @cond1024:

@gamerman01:

@ghr2:

If a transport carried 2 ally units, can those unit off load on different territories both adjacent to the sea zone the transport is in on their nations’ turns? (like if france and uk both had an infantry on an american tranny and america moves them to sz 112, can the uk infantry go to norway on his turn, and the french one go to denmark on his)

Yes, because they’re on different turns.  There is no rule prohibiting the French to unload to a different territory on their turn.

That is how I see it too gamer, but another player didn’t see it that way, because the rule states that units from one transport must unload into the same territory.  Just so there can be no further confusion I want an official ruling from Krieg.

Thanks

Sure, I understand.  I’d put $100 on it, but I do understand - I didn’t write the rulebook.  yw

• Official Q&A

Gamerman01 is correct.  The rules state that “A transport can’t offload in two territories during a single turn” (italics are mine).

• '22 '19 '18

@Krieghund:

Gamerman01 is correct.  The rules state that “A transport can’t offload in two territories during a single turn” (italics are mine).

Thanks Krieg!!!

• I try to find it but cant. Can japan build major ic on china territories? The rules says (in Alpha 2)  Major industrial complexes can only be built on originally controlled territories. But these territories are Chinese but originally controlled by Japan. Someone?

• Official Q&A

No.  Original control of territories is determined by the roundels printed on them.

• '10

I have a question relating to the convoy zones.

If german subs are in seazone 98 (adjacent one French territory worth 1 IPC and two UK territories worth 1 IPC and 2 IPCs), he can use one sub to blockade Egypt (2IPCs), but does he need two more subs to blockade Syria (1IPC) and Trans Jordan (1IPC), or can a single sub blockade both 1IPC territories?

I’m assuming a single sub can’t blockade two separate territories (similar to transports not being able to drop infantry off in two separate territories) but just want to be sure.

• @Sime:

I have a question relating to the convoy zones.

If german subs are in seazone 98 (adjacent one French territory worth 1 IPC and two UK territories worth 1 IPC and 2 IPCs), he can use one sub to blockade Egypt (2IPCs), but does he need two more subs to blockade Syria (1IPC) and Trans Jordan (1IPC), or can a single sub blockade both 1IPC territories?

I’m assuming a single sub can’t blockade two separate territories (similar to transports not being able to drop infantry off in two separate territories) but just want to be sure.

Actually, the warships disrupt maximum amount each power’s turn.  So yes, if 2 or 3 different powers control territories bordering the convoy zone, they are all disrupted to the maximum by the same warship(s).  The conduct convoy disruption is a part of Phase 6:Collect income and is done each power’s turn. See page 22 in the Europe manual.

• '10

Thanks for the clarification, Gamerman

• @Sime:

Thanks for the clarification, Gamerman

I had the same question, learning this 1940 game.

Anytime.

• '10

Can an AAgun move on its NCM when it has shot a rocket to an IC on the same turn ?

• @Axisplaya:

Can an AAgun move on its NCM when it has shot a rocket to an IC on the same turn ?

NO - absolutely not.  Shoot or move, take your pick.

• '10

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

• @Axisplaya:

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

One of the most annoying glitches at Game-table online was when you had rockets technology, and you had multiple AA’s in the same territory.  If you shot one, it wouldn’t let you move ANY of them, when you should be able to move all but one.  (Just a side note)  That was the “Revised” version of the game, but that rule has never changed since (AA50 or global) (in case you’re starting to doubt).

• '10

@gamerman01:

One of the most annoying glitches at Game-table online was when you had rockets technology, and you had multiple AA’s in the same territory.  If you shot one, it wouldn’t let you move ANY of them, when you should be able to move all but one.  (Just a side note)  That was the “Revised” version of the game, but that rule has never changed since (AA50 or global) (in case you’re starting to doubt).

Actually, after reading this, i AM starting to doubt…

G40 alpha +2 : you have 3 AAguns in one territory. just one of them shoot at an IC, can the 2 others move on NCM or not ?  (english is not my 1st language, so i may have missed something in your last post).

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Krieghund,  while the US is neutral, may the Axis use the Panama Canal?
    (And for the rest of you…yes, this is about to come up in a game.)

• Official Q&A

They can, if the US player gives them permission to do so.

• Are Sicily and Southern Italy connected, or must you take a Transport from each to get to each? Also are Greece and Crete and Greece and Turkey connected? Or do they also require transports? I know they are not connected in real life but I cant tell whether they are assumed to be on the board.

• Official Q&A

@De:

Are Sicily and Southern Italy connected, or must you take a Transport from each to get to each? Also are Greece and Crete and Greece and Turkey connected? Or do they also require transports? I know they are not connected in real life but I cant tell whether they are assumed to be on the board.

Greece and Turkey are connected by land.  The others are not, and require transports for movement between them.

• TripleA

Quick one re: Scrambling.

UK has a France Fighter.  Can all friendly planes scramble to a Sea Zone?  Or only those associated to the territories controlling country?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m