• @Detuite:

Quick Question. Its illegal for a fighter to travel 4 spaces to conduct combat on an enemy tt because it still needs 1 space to land in a freindly tt right Thank you

correct.

• @Detuite:

Quick Question. Its illegal for a fighter to travel 4 spaces to conduct combat on an enemy tt because it still needs 1 space to land in a freindly tt right Thank you

It’s legal if a carrier can pick it up in that zone.

• Official Q&A

@captainjack:

if I place a minor IC in a territory valued at “2”, can I place only 2 troops, or 3 troops there?

Minor ICs can always mobilize up to three units, regardless of the IPC value of the territory.

• Hi there,

Me and a friend are juggling some rulings from errata here and alpha +1 together and translating it to dutch for some friends whom we are going to play with in a week.

But I thought I read something about conquering tt with a major complex on it, that it will revert to a minor complex if you capture it if that tt isn’t yours originally. But I can’t remember where i read it or that is was correct. A mate and I were debating if this was supposed to be like this. For instance russia will be screwed if germany keeps attacking and taking over his major factory thus reverting it to a minor one and when russia retakes it it will have to upgrade it again and again.

The ruling we have so far is this:

2. Major industrial complexes can no longer be built on foreign territories (this includes upgrading minor ones). When a major industrial complex is captured on a foreign territory it automatically reverts to a small industrial complex. The original owner of the territory may upgrade it if the territory is recaptured.

Is this correct or should that second sentence be removed?

I cant for the life of me remember where i read that…

• That rule about captured majors becoming minors is correct.

The rule of not building ICs on foreign soil is only in the Alpha rules; not OOB rules.

• Thanks for the swift reply. Yeah we plan to jump in and use all the freaking rulings :p To make it less chaotic for the rest of the group we are gathering all errata from this thread and alpha plus 1 rules into one document. With the alpha plus 1 overruling any OOB and errata rulings offcourse.

so we will end up with 1 errata on top of the europe rule book. Its a pest to translate in dutch because if you are not carefull different interpretations sneak in. Bah :p But nearly done.

• 2007 AAR League

I’m still digesting all the changes, are tanks still 6IPC, I thought I saw something saying it was reduced to 5?

• @Emperor:

I’m still digesting all the changes, are tanks still 6IPC, I thought I saw something saying it was reduced to 5?

They’re still 6.

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Emperor:

I think what you’re remembering was the AA guns being reduced to 5 IPC’s.

• 2007 AAR League

@Entek:

@Emperor:

I think what you’re remembering was the AA guns being reduced to 5 IPC’s.

Thanks!  It was AA guns.

• Can’t remember for sure - can you blitz through an empty enemy territory and then claim a friendly neutral all in one move?  (Italian tank from Egypt to TrJ to Iraq)  Or do I have to take TrJ in combat move with a different unit, then move mech or tank from Egypt to Iraq in noncom?

• Since activation of friendly neutrals is in noncombat, you cannot blitz into one

• Hi i don’t have the rulebook with me and can’t remember the ruling for the following situation:

If a defending carrier is taken out. Say for instance by a submarine squad and there is no friendly destroyer present. Will the remaing airplanes, which couldnt participate in the battle but are still up in the air, be able to land on a island located in that very sea? Which will technically be a move of 1.

I can remember defending planes having an additional move of one when their point of origin is being captured. But this is offcourse clarified in the scrambling rules so it would possibly not apply here.

Please if you could elaborate :)

• Yes, they can land on an island in that same sea zone.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yes, they can land on an island in that same sea zone.

Yes, they have a movement of 1, so they could land on an island in that zone, a coastal territory in that zone, or a carrier in an adjacent zone.  (The latter caused grief between Omega and myself - he didn’t know I could do that and would have attacked a lone transport instead had he known that -  :evil: I proceeded to take over America……  :-D)

One more thing - the carrier doesn’t have to be “taken out”.  If it takes a single hit from the sub before sinking the sub, the planes can’t land back on that carrier…

IIRC the planes are not stuck on the carrier because they’re defending in the air.  But that means they could be lost (worse than being stuck on a carrier) if they have no other landing place…

• @gamerman01:

You can’t walk across the English Channel or the Turkish straits, or from North Africa to Gibraltar.

Panama and Turkey are one territory with a canal through 'em. So you could attack Turkey with land units from Greece. Also, you can cross the Suez canal with land units.

However, Gibraltar straight, Danish Straights and the Channel are not crossable by land units without the aid of transports. Because they are not canals.

• 2007 AAR League

Krieg-

Can land units load to SZ11 from either Mexico or SE Mexico?  We believe no, but would like an official ruling.

• @Krieghund:

Sort of.  On all past maps the Caspian Sea has only touched two territories that also touch each other, so it has not needed to be a game space.  On this map, it touches more than two territories, so it does need to be a game space.  It was simply missed when the sea zone numbers were assigned because we’re not used to it needing a number.

So is it a seazone in Global? It gets number sz 128 then?

Also, on the turn the USA declares war on Japan, can it load a transport that is in the same seazone as a Jap ship and yet still use it to attack a territory (landing units)?

• Official Q&A

@Emperor:

Can land units load to SZ11 from either Mexico or SE Mexico?  We believe no, but would like an official ruling.

You are correct.

@13thguardsriflediv:

So is it a seazone in Global? It gets number sz 128 then?

It is a sea zone, but it will not have a number.

@13thguardsriflediv:

Also, on the turn the USA declares war on Japan, can it load a transport that is in the same seazone as a Jap ship and yet still use it to attack a territory (landing units)?

Yes, assuming it declares war in the Combat Move phase rather than in the Collect Income phase of its third turn.

• 2007 AAR League

Another question, if Axis attacks Greece, does crete become allied?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m