• Official Q&A

There was some talk of blockhouses in the game, but it all came from the fans.  There was never any plan to put them in.

I don’t know for sure when the rules will be available on-line.  Hopefully it will be soon.

We’re glad you’re enjoying the game!

• If i upgrade the minor complex in Novgorod… can i place more of three units in the same turn (in my ex. it’s the 1st turn)?

37 IPC - 20 to upgrade
              - 17 5 fanti

• @Stefano1189:

If i upgrade the minor complex in Novgorod… can i place more of three units in the same turn (in my ex. it’s the 1st turn)?

37 IPC - 20 to upgrade
              - 17 5 fanti

You can’t upgrade that factory.

• Official Q&A

If you could upgrade it, you could also mobilize up to three units there in the same turn.

• Stefano, what neither Calvin nor Krieg mentioned is that the reason you cannot upgrade that factory is that a territory must be worth 3 IPC’s to support a major factory.  Novgorod is only worth 2, so it can never have a major complex on it.

• good catch on the value of that territory.

• No worries K, thanks for the answer!

• @Krieghund:

If you could upgrade it, you could also mobilize up to three units there in the same turn.

Thank you very much. I didn’t see Novgorod is only 2 IPC… :-)

Sorry!

• @gamerman01:

Stefano, what neither Calvin nor Krieg mentioned is that the reason you cannot upgrade that factory is that a territory must be worth 3 IPC’s to support a major factory.  Novgorod is only worth 2, so it can never have a major complex on it.

You’re right! Sorry. :-)

I didn’t see it.

• Okay Yoper, thanks.

• How does it work when a power wants to move sea units through occupied sea zones with neutral powers? I know a sub doesn’t block, and a transport doesn’t block regardless of the state of war, but do surface warships of neutral powers block the movement of your surface warships?

• Official Q&A

If you’re not at war with a power, its ships don’t block your ships’ movement.

• I don’t believe this was already discussed  if so my apologies.  Sea Zone 10 does not connect to anything on the other side of the map does it?

While at war with ONLY Japan can Russia take “pro allied” or attack “pro axis” neutrals?

Thanks

• @leddux:

I don’t believe this was already discussed  if so my apologies.  Sea Zone 10 does not connect to anything on the other side of the map does it?

Look at page 32 in the rulebook.

While at war with ONLY Japan can Russia take “pro allied” or attack “pro axis” neutrals?

Thanks

Yes, it was stated recently on this thread, actually.

• I’m not sure if these questions have been addressed already, and if they have, I’m sorry!

In the global game and in AAE40, if a power is knocked out of the game, is it possible that their allies can take over their remaining territories? Say for example France and the UK (Europe) are both taken out by Germany; can the American player take control of their African territories before the Italian player takes them? Also, can the UK Pacific player still take control of French Indo China before the Japanese like it could in AAP40? Or, must we wait for our opponents to take a territory before we can ‘liberate’ it and add it to our surviving powers income?

My second question… What is the purpose of the Canadian roundels on the map? The rule book doesn’t seem to say anything about them. I assume the Canadian territories contribute to the UK’s income, so why complicate things with the different symbols?

Thanks guys.

• @Admiral:

I’m not sure if these questions have been addressed already, and if they have, I’m sorry!

In the global game and in AAE40, if a power is knocked out of the game, is it possible that their allies can take over their remaining territories? Say for example France and the UK (Europe) are both taken out by Germany; can the American player take control of their African territories before the Italian player takes them? Also, can the UK Pacific player still take control of French Indo China before the Japanese like it could in AAP40? Or, must we wait for our opponents to take a territory before we can ‘liberate’ it and add it to our surviving powers income?

My second question… What is the purpose of the Canadian roundels on the map? The rule book doesn’t seem to say anything about them. I assume the Canadian territories contribute to the UK’s income, so why complicate things with the different symbols?

Thanks guys.

The roundels are for tracking India’s income on the Production chart in Global.

You may only Liberate (take back control from the other side) your allies territories and gain the production if their capital is in enemy hands. See page 20 AAEurope 1940 second paragraph “Liberating a Territory” first line: “If the original controller’s (country whose territory you just liberated) capital is in enemy hands at the end of the turn in which you would otherwise have liberated the territory, you capture the territory, you adjust your national production level, and you can use any antiaircraft gun, industiral complex, air base, and naval base there until the original controller’s capital is liberated.”

You would not be able to just move into allied controlled territories and grab them. Your opponent has to have captured them first in order to gain control when you take them back.

Note:This is not an official answer, just trying to help out.

• Official Q&A

@Admiral:

Also, can the UK Pacific player still take control of French Indo China before the Japanese like it could in AAP40?

No.  UK can’t do it in Pacific, either.  See the FAQ.

@Admiral:

They are indeed part of the UK’s income.  They are there simply to recognize Canada’s contribution to the Allied war effort.

• I don’t believe this was already discussed  if so my apologies.  Sea Zone 10 does not connect to anything on the other side of the map does it?

Does not say anything about sea zone 10.

• @leddux:

I don’t believe this was already discussed  if so my apologies.  Sea Zone 10 does not connect to anything on the other side of the map does it?

Does not say anything about sea zone 10.

Which means it doesn’t connect to the other board

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

French IPC question

First, my apologies if something like this has already been discussed. A situation occurred in my last game that I’d like clarification on if anyone can shed some light.

US player takes Normandy. German and Italy could not take it back on their turn. Britain reinforces on their turn. On the next US turn, it is assumed that the US player can build 3 at the minor IC in Normandy as France is still under German control. Here’s the issue, US attacks France and wins. At that point, France is liberated and the Normandy IC can no longer be considered US and therefore cannot be built out of. Is that correct?

And now it even gets more confusing. The Germans take back France their next turn (even with the 4 extra french INF) which then reverts Normandy back to US. But, there are now only UK troops in Normandy. Who gets Normandy and could UK or US then build out of it on their turn after Germany has taken France back?

I realize this is complicated, but someone must have been through this scenario before.

Thanks for your time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m