FMG "Kickstarter" for GERMANY Project

• '10

Hello,
        It has been suggested to us that we should start a “Kickstarter” account to help us get back on track and to complete the Germany COMBAT UNITS project.  We have run into an  issues however:

You must be in the US with a SIN to sign-up for Kickstarter (Amazon Payments)…  we are in Canada

Does anyone have another suggestion or alternative to Kickstarter??

This is part of our Recovery Plan.

Thanks

Jeremy

• '12

One of my Canadian friends used Indiegogo.com to successfully fund a film of his, and I think you’ll find it almost identical to Kickstarter in function but without the USA/SIN/etc. limitations. He wasn’t entirely happy with the experience, but I’m not sure if it was his approach or the website’s policies that weren’t to his liking. Take a look?

Yrs.,
    R.

• I want you to finish this project and I would pre-order again to help you guys get it done. Thats really all I can think of. If you do this and I know you are a ways away. PLEASE do the German infantry in the great coat. That alone would make the set worth it.

• Have HBG be your proxy for the Kickstarter requirement? You both should work together to make it happen.

• Indigogo.com

Exactly the same kind of format as Kickstarter but without the citizenship restrictions (although, of course, less exposure as well).

You can set up in two ways;

1. All money pledged awaits the project funding before being taken.  Indigogo gets X%
    2. All money pledged is automatically taken wether the project hits its goal or not.  Indigogo gets Y% (higher than the other option).

I’d of course go with option 1 and be sure to fulfill any project benefits ASAP (and before any retail/wholesale sales as well).

That said, a VERY WELL thought out presentation with clear, realistic funding goals and clear benefits for your backers should see you through, even with the lower exposure of Indigogo.

• '12

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

That said, a VERY WELL thought out presentation with clear, realistic funding goals and clear benefits for your backers should see you through, even with the lower exposure of Indigogo.

Exactly. I think some people see this kind of website as a new-age marvel, but a big part of success or failure is still determined by presentation quality and hustling harder than everyone else. Some things never change.

Yrs.,
    R.

• Sponsor

Please provide a link when something gets setup.

• FYI, here is a link to a project (ending in the next 7 hours) on Kickstarter that has been wildly successful.
    Part of that success is because of how well the project was presented, the stretch goals and what you get for funding it (plus the quality of the work being produced of course)!

kickstarter.com/projects/1812955737/bug-hunt-corridors

There are many examples of similar, incredibly successful crowd-funded projects.  This is only the most recent that I’ve been interested in personally (and wish so much to have had the money to back it now).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m