Hate the cardboard factory/airfield/naval base counters? ANSWER INSIDE!

• awesome, but worried 19mm is a little too big for a country the size of Malaya.

• Q:  How big is 19mms?

A:  Take 2 Industrial Complexes from any ealier edition of A&A.  Put them next to each other to make a square.  Voila! - not exact but very close.

Q:  Is that too big?

A:  Well it’s totally your call, but imho….for an OLD style board, definitely!  Especially something as small as A&A 1942.  But I think because this new board for A&A 40 PAC is so much bigger that it’s ok, and remember these markers are flat so you could stack them under an AA Gun or an Industrial Complex (or both) to save space and still see the color of the edge to know what they are!

Just my 2 cents on the size issue.

• If you’ve got a handful of factories from the previous games you could always glue a pair together for the major industrial complex and then use a single factory for the minor industrial complex.

It’s what I’m planning, get some paper IPCs that way too.

As for the Airfield/Naval base, I might build some out of various plastic pieces I’ve got laying around.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Variable:

Yah, great find. I emailed asking if they could do other colors on these. I will let you know what they say.

And here’s the answer already. Sounds worth it to me…

“Yep, other colors is no problem, you can order them as custom items. Custom versions of the Airfield are $8.39, and the Naval Base customs would be $6.99 per set. Just let me know what colors you need, and I’ll set you up with the links to order them online.”

Here’s the question:

I was thinking of going solid black with the etching in white. Basically the reverse of the cardboard. It would better match the other white pieces of the game. What does everyone else think?

• Yes these are nice.

You know they can make any lazer cut object. They just need the picture and your imagination.

• NICE!  I emailed them and asked if they could make them 10mm or 12mm in length which is about the size of the paper ones in AAP40.  I’ll post their answer when I receive it.  :-D

• @Variable:

Here’s the question:

I was thinking of going solid black with the etching in white. Basically the reverse of the cardboard. It would better match the other white pieces of the game. What does everyone else think?

Well if you had the various markers different colours then you could stack them if you needed to conserve space but still recognize them at a glance at their outer edge.

I was thinking about just using small poker chips before this link came up.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Man I can’t wait to hear the verdict.

If they are willing to sell custom made pieces at the right size, LOL Half the site will order them.  Would be nice to ditch the cardboard.

• I’ll mail them and order convoy tokens that I can glue to the map, since the ones printed on the map are hard to see.

• Well folks, glad they’re such a hit.

Now that we know they can do custom colors maybe I’ll order some custom ones too so that axis and allied bases use separate tokens.

• '10

im going to have to wait to see what FMG has to offer and see when they become available

• @johnnymarr:

im going to have to wait to see what FMG has to offer and see when they become available

Agreed- looks like FMG has got some competition- that’s good for the customer!!!

I only wish WOTC would care.

• @questioneer:

I only wish WOTC would care.

Amen

• I have received the custom Token order information from Litko Aerosystems, Inc.  They will make the tokens in a 12mm size and will be the same colors as the originals (see pics below).  There are two factory tokens, one with #3 and one with #10.  Here is the body of the email with the ordering links included:

–-----------------------------------------------------
    Litko Custom Tokens for the A&A Pacific 1940 game.

10 count, square, 12mm, airfield tokens, opaque green, $5.99
    www.litkoaero.com/custom/SHARED-AA-Pacific-20100118-1/5.99/.02

10 count, square, 12mm, factory tokens, add #3 to etch, translucent grey,
    $5.99
    www.litkoaero.com/custom/SHARED-AA-Pacific-20100118-2/5.99/.02

10 count, square, 12mm, factory tokens, add #10 to etch, translucent grey,
    $5.99
    www.litkoaero.com/custom/SHARED-AA-Pacific-20100118-3/5.99/.02

10 count, square, 12mm, naval base tokens, translucent blue, $5.99
    www.litkoaero.com/custom/SHARED-AA-Pacific-20100118-4/5.99/.02

LINKS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND NOW WORK PROPERLY - Old Man, 1/20/2010

Best Regards, Jim

James Hartman, Product Design
    Litko Aerosystems, Inc.
    Toll Free: (877) 870-5989
    Fax: (708) 575-0721
    www.litkoaero.com

–----------------------------------
    Be aware that they do not color the lettering, it is engraved in the surface only, and can be colored in easily with a crayon to make them more legible.  Please note that you must use the above links to order the tokens as they will not appear on their website.

Airfield-token-GRN-250.jpg
    Factory-token-250.jpg
    Naval-base-token-250.jpg

• They are still chits.

@Brain:

They are still chits.

That’s what holding me up too. Plus, after you buy all the tiles you would need for P40 and E40, you’re in for about $60. At least $40 if you use old ICs. A lot of money for tiles…

• @Brain:

They are still chits.

hmmm maybe a solution would be those plastic slot thingys from kids’ games… you know the ones that make the cut-out pawns stand up so you can move them around the board.

Then the OOB chits could be 3D and graspable.

• For anyone interested, I have updated the purchase links and they now work correctly.

@Variable:

@Brain:

They are still chits.

That’s what holding me up too. Plus, after you buy all the tiles you would need for P40 and E40, you’re in for about $60. At least $40 if you use old ICs. A lot of money for tiles…

I have revised my opinion of this after a few more games. I can’t get my nail under the thin little piece of cardboard that game with the game. At least I could pick up these tiles without a pet hair remover…

• The custom markers arrived today and I’m really happy with them  They are the same size as the original cardboard ones but have a thickness of about 2.5 mm.  Hoorah!..…I can now pick them up.  I have posted a pick, of questionable quality, of them below along with the originals.

A&A Tokens 1.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m