• Well, it was a good plan before the huge earthquake that realigned the map!  lol

• @Krieghund:

NEWS FLASH!

Sea zone 5 is not supposed to connect to Korea.  This is an error in the map, and will be added to the errata soon!  Sorry I couldn’t tell you this earlier, but an official decision had to be made first.

and something else…
    is it normal there’s no convoy sign at iwo jima?

• @Krieghund:

NEWS FLASH!

Sea zone 5 is not supposed to connect to Korea.  This is an error in the map, and will be added to the errata soon!  Sorry I couldn’t tell you this earlier, but an official decision had to be made first.

Why am I not surprised ?

Made by chimps, playtestet by chimps.

• As I mentioned at the beginning, I suspected Sea Zone 5 was not intended to connect to Korea.  I believe if the designers wanted it the other way, they would have made it more pronounced.  I also note that in most conditions, the sea zones meet at the border of the land zones.

This could still be an interesting ploy in the global game landing in Russia first, unless Japan is inclined to make a serious base in Manchuria.  This may be common when the Russian IPCs are there begging.

• It’s a shame that SZ 5 touch about a full half inch of Korea… a pretty big oversite I think.

• Well I guess this discussion is over, for now. Doesn’t surprise me with all the errors/changes that have been made.  In the Global game you’ll be able to use Russian tt, and work your way into China easier w/Soviet cover. A base of operation at Alaska could prove to be a use full tool, as a secondary force. I still think as the US you need to have a strong showing at Hawaii.

• makes me wonder how much the game was actually “playtested” honestly.  The errata is going to be bigger than the rulebook.

• :-D

• @WILD:

Well I guess this discussion is over, for now. Doesn’t surprise me with all the errors/changes that have been made.  In the Global game you’ll be able to use Russian tt, and work your way into China easier w/Soviet cover. A base of operation at Alaska could prove to be a use full tool, as a secondary force. I still think as the US you need to have a strong showing at Hawaii.

I think on the Global game Russia will be forbidden to attack Japanese territories or move into China until either Japan attacks first or Germany has fallen to the Allies.

• makes me wonder how much the game was actually “playtested” honestly.  The errata is going to be bigger than the rulebook.

Maher C.

I think that they should re-issue a second edition and provide it to those who bought this shabbily tested game (don’t get me wrong, I like it and it has potential).  The should as least give those that purchased the disaster version with some sort of coupon or rebate.  Yeah right, like that’s ever gonna happen.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m