Frist game this Friday/I will be Japan

• Can someone please give me some stragety for playing Japan?

When do I attack America?

• If your playing Pacific stand alone, attack everyone on Japan’s first turn. Everyone use to complain that the game was “broken,” because Japan could wipe out all the allies, and allies had very little wins. Start by attacking Hong Kong, French Indo China, some places in China, Manila, and some Dutch islands. China is no real threat as long as you don’t let them cause trouble. Britain just keep on pushing them closer and closer to India they can’t really counter. You might want to build an minor industrial complex there to help pump more troops to fight Britain and China. Australia just watch over them and try to attack Sydney whenever possible, so you don’t have to worry about them. With the US just focus most of your builds on naval units and wipe out their navy and take Honolulu you win.

• also a good strategy would be to try to lure one or 2 of the allies into the war without having to attack them. Then you could just wait to attack the US until you are ready to take them out fast.

• An Early attack will win the game, but if you’re worried about attacking US and bringing them in the war, wait till turn 2. On your first turn, you want to position your Main navy (3 aircraft carriers) around the Caroline Islands, putting them in range of several targets. Also, put decent naval force in the SZ around Hainan (next to French Indo-China). If you want good versatility, build a naval base in Hainan to put you in range of all the valuable Islands, and bring some transports down there first turn.

• Klop is not a dog. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!!!

• Do not abandon the Carolines, even though they may seem like a useless outpost, it is actually an important strategic place (abit the gibraltar of the Pacific), it’s bad when the enemy has control over it.

Also, don’t take India too fast, and if you do, don’t take Malaya. And if you do, make sure USA can’t take it it or you’ll have to face a US major IC that is impossible to take back.

Happened to me on my first game and although i was doing well (just took all the mainland),  that was the turning point in the game.  Game lost, lesson learned…

Edit: also: study the sea-zones 42, 54 and around, they are tricky.

• TripleA

@special:

Do not abandon the Carolines, even though they may seem like a useless outpost, it is actually an important strategic place (abit the gibraltar of the Pacific), it’s bad when the enemy has control over it.

Also, don’t take India too fast, and if you do, don’t take Malaya. And if you do, make sure USA can’t take it it or you’ll have to face a US major IC that is impossible to take back.

Happened to me on my first game and although i was doing well (just took all the mainland),  that was the turning point in the game.  Game lost, lesson learned…

Edit: also: study the sea-zones 42, 54 and around, they are tricky.

If I remember correctly, you can’t build a Major IC in a foreign territory. I do agree, though, on the importance of the Caroline Islands.

• @mastermind93:

If I remember correctly, you can’t build a Major IC in a foreign territory. I do agree, though, on the importance of the Caroline Islands.

I think originally it was allowed. If not, i’ve been had ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m