Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I have been putting off buying anything to save up for this. I am still prepared to buy what I can from FMG. Will the FMG sets cover everything I could get from Table Tactics? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy both or just FMG…

• forget TT. FMG will have sculpts of such amazing detail and quality that nobody would want to continue to use any other unit. It will be the new gold standard for bits.

• '10

@Variable:

I have been putting off buying anything to save up for this. I am still prepared to buy what I can from FMG. Will the FMG sets cover everything I could get from Table Tactics? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy both or just FMG…

We will put everything we can into this set…  including our “Blood, sweat and tears”.  I never want to take away from anyone else in the community who is making great stuff for AAA so NO COMMENT on Table Tactics.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We will put everything we can into this set…  including our “Blood, sweat and tears”.

I am glad to hear it! :-D

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

OK, I have my hedge fund started for all the pieces I want then :wink:

All my joking aside though, if you guys can pull this off for $60, Larry Harris should get his robot trained monkeys to use you guys as the OFFICIAL game piece supplier forever. :lol: 8-)

What, I’m just sayin’…

• @Emperor_Taiki:

And if we are now revisting the air units each nation will have I would suggest you produce 6 different air unit classes.

Fighter
    Carrier aircraft
    Jet Fighter
    Dive Bomber/Light Bomber
    Medium Bomber
    Heavy/Stratigic Bomber

If you did this, you would touch on all of the combat air units of the war.

And yes the haftracks and truck certainly cover the mech/motor infantry unit.

Just what I would want.

I don’t think all those planes are nessessary , after all, FM says this is an expensive project for them as it is without adding on a whole bunch of stuff that is not needed to play Axis & Allis.

• FMG can produce a nifty Italian set, then make a set to replace:

All technology pieces ( Rockets, Super subs, jets, Heavy Bombers)

Then also make specialty pieces:

fortress
    heavy tanks
    SPA
    Replace the 3 allied artillery pieces and the German skinny art piece
    mech infantry
    Airborne infantry
    Partisans
    underground factories
    new aa gun and factory
    HQ units
    landing craft?
    marines
    Shock troops for Soviets
    Waffen SS units
    ports

• @dabapic:

@Emperor_Taiki:

And if we are now revisting the air units each nation will have I would suggest you produce 6 different air unit classes.

Fighter
    Carrier aircraft
    Jet Fighter
    Dive Bomber/Light Bomber
    Medium Bomber
    Heavy/Stratigic Bomber

If you did this, you would touch on all of the combat air units of the war.

And yes the haftracks and truck certainly cover the mech/motor infantry unit.

Just what I would want.

I don’t think all those planes are nessessary , after all, FM says this is an expensive project for them as it is without adding on a whole bunch of stuff that is not needed to play Axis & Allis.

None of the peices FMG is making are needed to play A&A, FMG has already said they want these peices to be used in many WW2 games, and the aircraft I listed covers all the major combat aircraft types  of the war. I would also like peices for houserules. Everyone should tell FMG what they want, and FMG will decide what there budget allows(obviously, I dont know why i should to explain that)

• yes quite right. :-D

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We will put everything we can into this set…  including our “Blood, sweat and tears”.  I never want to take away from anyone else in the community who is making great stuff for AAA so NO COMMENT on Table Tactics.

+1 Karma
    I agree.  Let’s not critisize anyone who is trying to help the Axis and Allies community.

• Yes,yes,yes.

I want more piece for my World at War game game but what will be the scale of the pieces?

We need more warships but the scale must be between 1/3000 and 1/4000 not bigger…
    Carrier, cruiser, transport and cargo,landing craft.
    1/250 for tanks and trucks.
    1/700 for planes.
    1/87 or 1/72 for figurines.

• '10

@crusaderiv:

Yes,yes,yes.

I want more piece for my World at War game game but what will be the scale of the pieces?

We need more warships but the scale must be between 1/3000 and 1/4000 not bigger…
    Carrier, cruiser, transport and cargo,landing craft.
    1/250 for tanks and trucks.
    1/700 for planes.
    1/87 or 1/72 for figurines.

We are using the same scale as the existing AAA pcs.  I know this product will be used 99% of the time for Axis & Allies…  but just like COMBAT DICE, I say they are for WW2 games in general so the Chimps will not Sue me out of business.

• I understand your idea.
    The A&A pieces are not so bad but when I look your combat dice, I guess you like prototype & precision stuff.
    So I think you’ll be able to make something good.

Just can’t wait to see your pieces.
    For now, I’m going to order a set of combat dice.

• get the full set. the ones with Italian and Chinese dice.

Also, FMG needs to begin a set for France and the ANZAC’s since they are a new players in AAE40/AAP40.

• For sure i’m gonna get the full set.

But France is also present in my world at war games.
    (subliminal message to field marshall games).

AL

• '10

@Imperious:

get the full set. the ones with Italian and Chinese dice.

Also, FMG needs to begin a set for France and the ANZAC’s since they are a new players in AAE40/AAP40.

Already on it after reading your great post!  We have long ago designed these but need to confirm the colours.  We will discuss this in another post shortly after release.

Thanks

• OK so should I wait to make my order.

A set of 8 different dice?

:evil:

Al

• just buy what they do offer. IN a year or less they will offer other items and you can buy them at that time.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Unless FMG makes exact copies of the existing AA pieces, there is no legal basis for WOTC to sue… although it may not stop them…

• its impossible. They just have to leave out the AA bit and they will be fine. They cant use the words Axis and Allies to attempt to tie into the product unless they obtain a licensing agreement. ( which can be done but expensive)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m