FRANCE and ANZAC COMBAT DICE - HELP us design them!

• wow, i didn’t know all that. Anyway, are the elite dice ready or not yet? My order is fairly recent so not angry just not clear whats available and what isn’t. The german units look neat. Was that a HE-111 i saw in one of those pics. Thats my favorite german plane of the war.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

If you order from FMG you have two options at checkout:

1. UPS Expensive but you have tracking and product arrives in 2-3 days
    2. MAIL  Cheap but there is no tracking and proudct arrives in 2-6 weeks!

It is our experience that about 5% of packages sent to Europe via mail “disapear”.  They are lost or stolen in the many postal systems they travel through.

We ALWAYS recommend UPS but offer the Slow boat through U-boat infested waters option also.

If your product has not arrived after 6 weeks.  Contact us and we usualy can work out a compromise.

Air mail to europe for dice is less than $8 for small packet, air.  Takes about a week and a half.  Small packet, surface is about 2 dollars less and takes 5-6 weeks.  Neither are tracked, but both are fully insured against loss.  If the dice weigh less than 100g and are less than 2cm thick, than you can use light packet ($5).  Faster and cheaper than small packet, but not insured.

• '10

@moralecheck:

@FieldMarshalGames:

2. MAIL�  Cheap but there is no tracking and proudct arrives in 2-6 weeks!

It is our experience that about 5% of packages sent to Europe via mail “disapear”.�  They are lost or stolen in the many postal systems they travel through.

We ALWAYS recommend UPS but offer the Slow boat through U-boat infested waters option also.

If your product has not arrived after 6 weeks.�  Contact us and we usualy can work out a compromise.

Air mail to europe for dice is less than $8 for small packet, air.  Takes about a week and a half.  Small packet, surface is about 2 dollars less and takes 5-6 weeks.  Neither are tracked, but both are fully insured against loss.  If the dice weigh less than 100g and are less than 2cm thick, than you can use light packet ($5).  Faster and cheaper than small packet, but not insured.

This is why USPS is losing money!  Please remember these packages are shipped from CANADA and these above mentioned USPS rates/options are not avaliable.

• '12

The prices I mentioned ARE Canada Post.

USPS hasn’t offered surface mail in years. � Canada Post’s international parcel rates for smaller parcels are much cheaper than their domestic rates, so UPS makes sense for small domestic orders, but maybe you should revisit them for international. Â

Still not as cheap as the USPS though…

Canada to USA small packet rates (insured):
    http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/SBusa-e-04.pdf

Light packet (other letterpost) to USA:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/SBusa-e-05.pdf
    This lets you send dice to the USA starting at $2.10 +HST.  This method is not insured though

• @FieldMarshalGames:

2. MAIL  Cheap but there is no tracking and proudct arrives in 2-6 weeks!

It is our experience that about 5% of packages sent to Europe via mail “disapear”.  They are lost or stolen in the many postal systems they travel through.

If your product has not arrived after 6 weeks.  Contact us and we usualy can work out a compromise.

European law states that the sending party is responsible for succesful delivery, whichever shipment options you provide. If you do not trust an option you should not offer it. If you think that these laws do not apply to you, you should not accept European clients.

Anyway, I have contacted you, five times already now, but you have not responded.

• '10

LeeCHeSSS:  I am responding to you here!  Maybe we didn’t get your mail?  If you could PM me your name and order number I will look into it but I don’t have any outstanding mails in our CS box….  especialy not 5 or more from the same person.

And your comment about European law in regards to mail packages…  thank the lord I am from the New World.

moralecheck:  We would much rather NOT send mail at all.  It is really a pain for us and bad press when some of our international customers don’t get packages.  Even though we charge a little more than the postage, that covers the actual bubble mailer cost / the time it takes to manualy fill out those silly customs forms / driving to the post office and waiting in line to send them off.  I will always recommend UPS service to all my customers because it has tracking and is fast.  And your comment “insured against loss”  :lol:  Have you ever made a claim to Canada Post for a lost package?..  that is all I am going to say about that.  Also difficult when you claim the item is a GIFT at low value so your customers dont have to pay VAT and other customs charges??

Anyways.  This thread is no longer about the NEW Combat Dice so I am going to leave it  :evil:

• '12

I had one order to California arrive damaged (darn sorting machine).  Spent about 20 mins on the phone and got a cheque 4 days later.  However, it was a small amount ($10) so maybe that’s why they didn’t give me a hard time.  That was my problem parcel in 800 orders sent by Canada Post

Also, declaring an item ‘gift’ when it is not is not something I’d suggest doing.  :wink:

UPS is great, until they decide to charge your international buyer $20 in brokerage fees.  I ripped into a US seller just last month for shipping by UPS to me.

Order:30
    Shipping: 20
    Tax: 5
    UPS charge to collect 5 dollars tax: 20

Anyway my only issue was (scroll up on this page) that I asked you if a pouch was included, and you said yes.  I didn’t get one.  Kind of annoying, but not the end of the world.

I’m sorry about the loss you took with the factory.  That’s a painful setback.  I hope things go more smoothly for you now, I look forward to your next release.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

LeeCHeSSS:   I am responding to you here!  Maybe we didn’t get your mail?  If you could PM me your name and order number I will look into it but I don’t have any outstanding mails in our CS box….  especialy not 5 or more from the same person.

And your comment about European law in regards to mail packages…  thank the lord I am from the New World.

I think it’s only fair to mention here that after 3 months I did receive my set of elite combat dice (66 in total as opposed to the 54 listed on FMG’s website; 6 Canada dice and a bonus 6 UK dice) along with the velvet and ammo pouch dice bag.

In hindsight it is very likely that the first shipment actually made it to the Netherlands but a lazy ass UPS-deliveryperson could not be arsed to walk around the apartmentblock to find the mailboxes (slightly inconvenient placement); I picked up this shipment at the UPS depot because the same deliveryguy lied about his attempt to make a delivery (even about leaving a failed-delivery-card in my mailbox). Without tracking, I would not have noticed this…

So I take back all the harsh words about Jeremy; he delivered a very nice product and I’m happy with the end result! I’d even buy a few FMG dicetrays should they ever become available again, with tracking :)

• '10

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad you got the package this time!

Jeremy

• '22 '21 '16 '15

Hi Jeremy,

I wanna know if my combat dice are on the way?
    My order was from last december or november.
    Glad to hear that things are going on.

Greets
    Robert

• '10

@Robson:

Hi Jeremy,

I wanna know if my combat dice are on the way?
    My order was from last december or november.
    Glad to hear that things are going on.

Greets
    Robert

Where are you located?  All international Mail orders have shipped.  If you can PM me with order details I will look into it for you.

• Hi FMG - I had sent you a PM in regards to a recent order of two sets of combat dice - one of the sets came with only 5 Japanese die instead of 6. Otherwise they’re great!

Thanks!

• For the ultimate combat dice set, we’d only still need the Union Jack roundel on dice :-)

and the Dutch of course :-P

• '12

Personally, I’d rather see one with the blue/blue SEAC roundel for India.

• '10

Any new COMBAT DICE will have to wait.  We are circling the wagons right now to recover from our loss to that factory and get GERMANY done.

• TripleA '12

Hey Jeremy, great to hear from you regarding this project. Do you have a copy of the new AA1941 yet? If so, how do you rate the new Tiger Tank units? And how do they compare to your FMG German Combat Unit Tigers? Many thanks.

• '10

@Lozmoid:

Hey Jeremy, great to hear from you regarding this project. Do you have a copy of the new AA1941 yet? If so, how do you rate the new Tiger Tank units? And how do they compare to your FMG German Combat Unit Tigers? Many thanks.

Not sure if you have seen the FMG sculpts.  But the new TIGER OOB unit is close to lame…  no where near the detail and quality of HBG or FMG units. (IMHO)

• Customizer

Yeah, I do like the Tigers from 1941, but they are pretty “plain Jane” as far as detail goes. Pretty much like all the OOB tanks. I’ve seen pics of the prototype sculpts for both FMG’s and HBG’s Tigers and they look fantastic.
    One thing about the OOB tanks. While they lack detail on the hull and turret, they always seem to do a really good job on the wheel/track area. That one area on the OOB tanks has incredible detail, yet most of the hull and turret is almost smooth. I guess it’s because the OOB molds are side to side while FMG’s and HBG’s molds are top to bottom. Although, both these companies also have great detail in the wheels/tracks area (showing individual road wheels, suspension, etc.). I can’t explain how they are able to do that.
    I am really liking the extra detail. I have replaced my OOB Shermans with the olive drab Shermans from the HBG Marines sets. The color is a little off, but the tanks look so much better.

• TripleA '12

Good post knp7765, I appreciate your thoughts. I for one would certainly be interested to see the OOB 1941 Tigers compared in a photo next to the FMG Tigers, just so we can see the difference in size.

• Customizer

Well, we have to get the FMG Tigers first. There was a pic of two of the prototype FMG King Tigers with an OOB Panther to give you some idea of size comparison.
    The HBG Shermans are a bit smaller than the OOB Shermans, which I think makes them look more realistic compared to the OOB Panthers. The OOB Shermans were a little too large in my opinion. The Panther was a pretty big tank.
    However, I think WOTC made the Shermans this way because all OOB pieces seem to be within a certain range for each different type of unit. For Example, all Aircraft Carriers are 64mm long, all battleships are between 58 and 62 mm long, and so on. I think all the tanks were between 20 and 22 mm long. I think this was WOTC’s way of keeping some sort of continuity between sculpts. So while the Panthers and Tigers look okay, Shermans look a little too big. That’s especially true with Japan’s Type 95. On the board, it’s as big as a Sherman yet in real life, the Type 95 was a tiny tank. Not nearly as big as a Sherman and not even close to the size of a Panther. I think if a Type 95 was made to the same scale as the Panther, the piece would be around 13-15mm in length and end up looking like the tiny mech inf units.

Pre-production FMGvsWOTC.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m