FRANCE and ANZAC COMBAT DICE - HELP us design them!

• Wow almost sunk. Glad that didn’t happen. And for the record I wasn’t bashing FMG. I have bought from him before and will again. I wanted to hear something and now that I have I am happy. Hopefully everything will work out for Jeremy and his company. I am older than the original AA and I am also someone who believes when you pay for something you should either get it or know why your not. thanks for the update looking forward to the new pieces.

• '12

Also being of original MB A&A age, I agree that we have waited YEARS for this kind of thing, so I will ALWAYS support with 100% of my available efforts (and funds) the efforts of FMG and HBG both.

Hang in there Jeremy - sorry to hear they almost “sunk” you.  Were you able to get to the nearest Naval base to repair the damage to yourself during your non-combat move??  :-D

• '10

@DFWSupertrooper:

Also being of original MB A&A age, I agree that we have waited YEARS for this kind of thing, so I will ALWAYS support with 100% of my available efforts (and funds) the efforts of FMG and HBG both.

Hang in there Jeremy - sorry to hear they almost “sunk” you.  Were you able to get to the nearest Naval base to repair the damage to yourself during your non-combat move??  :-D

:lol:  Yes I was… thank you.  We will be fine and are back up and running.  Our move was only a small part of the problems we faced after FMGC 2012.

1. Our Factory @#$% us over and ran away with 20K of our money!!  Considering I have not made a cent on FMG since 2008 and all profits are rolled over into new product you can image how much that hurt.
    2. We needed to pay a new factory with funds we did not have… so they came out of our own pockets.
    3. We had to hire an agent just to track down old factory and get the remainder of the new dice we paid for and designed.  This caused many customers to be up-set and I got atleast 100 e-mails asking for the new dice “where is my order?”.  This really hurt considering:
      a) We did not have the money to pay the agent (more money outa Jeremy’s wallet)
      b) We did not have the money to pay for the shipping once dice were captured (more money outa Jeremy’s wallet)
      c) We had used customers pre-order money to pay for Germany (Which the factory then stole)
    4. We had to start from scratch on Germany which is now 90% complete.  (Doug can verify I sent him picture of some moulds)

So…

Now I think you can understand why I have been away, why FMG was almost sunk, and why I did not want to return until I had everything under control.

Thank you again for your continued Support

Jeremy

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Now I think you can understand why I have been away, why FMG was almost sunk, and why I did not want to return until I had everything under control.

The one good thing about all of this is that it finally removes from the equation the factory that’s caused you so many problems over the past two years.  In a way I’m not surprised that they stole your (and our) money: it was clear from their past behaviour – endless production delays, constantly misleading you about the status of the work they were supposedly doing – that they were unprofessional at best and incompetent at worst.  Adding “criminal” to that list of adjectives isn’t much of a stretch.

I’m very glad to hear that you now have a new manufacturer on the job who seems to know what he’s doing.  Things are finally looking up, which is great news.

• Thanks for the update Jeremy and it was nothing personal I think you have made some high quality products and was wondering about the delay. Now that I know what the delay was I am sorry that if you were offended by my post. I wish you and your company success down the road as I am a loyal customer.

• Customizer

Hope HBG wasn’t involved with them asses.
    I’ve spent hundreds with him and will continue to do so.
    I like his stuff and just keeps my ADD barely under control.

Jeremy can we at least see some of the new Sculpts
    I have 3 of the Italian sets minus 2 m13-40s which was the main reason why I got them.
    Good stuff, just hard to get.

• '10

@sgtwiltan:

Hope HBG wasn’t involved with them asses.
    I’ve spent hundreds with him and will continue to do so.
    I like his stuff and just keeps my ADD barely under control.

Jeremy can we at least see some of the new Sculpts

Sculpts remain the same as shown before.  We did not lose our sculptor.

See GERMANY and USA starting at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13894.15

• Customizer

Customers are still here for you, Jeremy.

I hope the sales from the fine Italian pieces are making up some of the losses for you.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Clyde85 goes to China all the time… and I have a friend who teaches there. Veqyrn’s also not all that far away.

What is the “factory” information you have?

I’m sure between the group, we could arrange some beat— I mean shake downs. :P 20k is quite a bit to have lost…

• '12

WOW!  We’re all here for you Jeremy.  Whatever we can do to help, let us know.  Maybe more pre-orders to secure some capital?  I for one trust you to throw in my share towards the end result - ESPECIALLY if you’re using either the same factory or one equally as good as HBG is - they seem to be on the ball for them and a proven record of delivery and quality as expected.  Luck of the draw I suppose when dealing with specialty manufacturers.

Keep us posted on what you need and what you expect - we’re with you 100%!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

HBG is his OWN factory… fyi…

• @DFWSupertrooper:

WOW!  We’re all here for you Jeremy.  Whatever we can do to help, let us know.  Maybe more pre-orders to secure some capital?  I for one trust you to throw in my share towards the end result - ESPECIALLY if you’re using either the same factory or one equally as good as HBG is - they seem to be on the ball for them and a proven record of delivery and quality as expected.  Luck of the draw I suppose when dealing with specialty manufacturers.

Keep us posted on what you need and what you expect - we’re with you 100%!

Ditto here; I’d willingly pre-order 3 sets of grey Germans, 3 sets of black Germans, 3 sets of Americans, 3 sets of UK, plus multiple sets of whatever dice sets are upcoming, a copy or two of that upcoming WWI game, and perhaps a bunch of other stuff on top of it if you think it’d help… frustration with delays has been making the natives restless, but I’m willing to be patient, and I don’t mind taking a risk on preorders as long as you promise to keep us in the loop…

• TripleA '12

Thanks very much for the sit rep, Jeremy. I’m sorry I lost my faith momentarily there but you have now restored it. Just let me know when we can pre-order Germany CUs.

Is there anything you can do about that Chinese factory - legally speaking? I can’t believe what has happened to you and I feel quite angry about it.

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy,
    Really sorry to hear about the 1st factory guys ripping you off. Sure hope you can manage to recover your money from them.
    Since you said you have a new factory working away on the German units, I take it your German moulds are in good hands.
    What about the Italian moulds? Do the old factory guys still have them or are they now with the new factory guys? I know that the major part of getting the Italian set is past, but eventually I would imagine you might want or need more Italian sets to sell to new customers. Plus, the moulds themselves are a huge investment for you. I just hope for your sake they are in good hands.

• @MidnightExpressWCW:

I can vouch for the quality as they are as good as the mainstream plastic action figures coming out of China. If he can do that with action figures, couldn’t this also be done for A&A-type units?

Are the action figures he makes on the same scale as A&A sculpts – for example tanks small enough to fit on a dime?  And if so, can he make tanks with rotating turrets, which is one special feature of FMG’s tanks?

• @MidnightExpressWCW:

If he can do that with action figures, couldn’t this also be done for A&A-type units?

It could certainly be done on a smaller scale, but for mass production there’s no way.  That guy uses silicon molds, which while great break down after a certain number of uses.  And it would be incredibly time consuming (and frustrating) to produce even one set of FMG Combat Units this way.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

:lol:  Yes I was… thank you.   We will be fine and are back up and running.  Our move was only a small part of the problems we faced after FMGC 2012.

1. Our Factory @#$% us over and ran away with 20K of our money!!  Considering I have not made a cent on FMG since 2008 and all profits are rolled over into new product you can image how much that hurt.
    2. We needed to pay a new factory with funds we did not have… so they came out of our own pockets.
    3. We had to hire an agent just to track down old factory and get the remainder of the new dice we paid for and designed.  This caused many customers to be up-set and I got atleast 100 e-mails asking for the new dice “where is my order?”.  This really hurt considering:
      a) We did not have the money to pay the agent (more money outa Jeremy’s wallet)
      b) We did not have the money to pay for the shipping once dice were captured (more money outa Jeremy’s wallet)
      c) We had used customers pre-order money to pay for Germany (Which the factory then stole)
    4. We had to start from scratch on Germany which is now 90% complete.  (Doug can verify I sent him picture of some moulds)

So…

Thank you again for your continued Support

Jeremy

I am sorry to hear that you had this much setbacks. However, none of that explains how shipments that supposedly have already been shipped never actually arrived in Europe.

• '10

If you order from FMG you have two options at checkout:

1. UPS Expensive but you have tracking and product arrives in 2-3 days
    2. MAIL  Cheap but there is no tracking and proudct arrives in 2-6 weeks!

It is our experience that about 5% of packages sent to Europe via mail “disapear”.  They are lost or stolen in the many postal systems they travel through.

We ALWAYS recommend UPS but offer the Slow boat through U-boat infested waters option also.

If your product has not arrived after 6 weeks.  Contact us and we usualy can work out a compromise.

• wow, i didn’t know all that. Anyway, are the elite dice ready or not yet? My order is fairly recent so not angry just not clear whats available and what isn’t. The german units look neat. Was that a HE-111 i saw in one of those pics. Thats my favorite german plane of the war.

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

If you order from FMG you have two options at checkout:

1. UPS Expensive but you have tracking and product arrives in 2-3 days
    2. MAIL  Cheap but there is no tracking and proudct arrives in 2-6 weeks!

It is our experience that about 5% of packages sent to Europe via mail “disapear”.  They are lost or stolen in the many postal systems they travel through.

We ALWAYS recommend UPS but offer the Slow boat through U-boat infested waters option also.

If your product has not arrived after 6 weeks.  Contact us and we usualy can work out a compromise.

Air mail to europe for dice is less than $8 for small packet, air.  Takes about a week and a half.  Small packet, surface is about 2 dollars less and takes 5-6 weeks.  Neither are tracked, but both are fully insured against loss.  If the dice weigh less than 100g and are less than 2cm thick, than you can use light packet ($5).  Faster and cheaper than small packet, but not insured.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m