Pacific 1940 review copy has arrived

• Anything official from djensen on this?

• Founder TripleA Admin

In Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, the light gray pieces are ANZAC.

I don’t have a copy of AAE40 yet so I don’t know what color Germany will be. But in AA42, Germany is dark gray. I would also speculate that Germany will be dark gray. It should be very easy to differentiate them.

@Brain:

Anything official from djensen on this?

• Thank you djensen as I was worried about the FMG dice.

• Official Q&A

The ANZAC pieces are actually a little more brown than they come across in these photos.  The official color is “dark tan”, but they look taupe to me.

• @Krieghund:

The ANZAC pieces are actually a little more brown than they come across in these photos.  The official color is “dark tan”, but they look taupe to me.

That would make more sense.

(Rank = 93)

• I heard China can build artillery with the Burma Road. Are US artillery used for that purpose?

• Customizer

I too was wondering about this… is it like the old Pacific edition in regard to the Burma Road rule?  Is it just artillery they can build? (which makes sense)

• Official Q&A

The Burma Road being open only allows the building of artillery (nothing else), and US artillery pieces are used.

• Customizer

Thanks  :-D

• Can you post a high res picture of the map?

Thanks in advance.

• @Krieghund:

The Burma Road being open only allows the building of artillery (nothing else), and US artillery pieces are used.

Now 4 different nations will use the same artillery mold, propably 5 with France, and yet WOTC used a lot of money on a specific Russian battleship mold, and russian cruiser mold, and russian destroyer mold, none of witch will be used in any future game. Go figure.

• Now 4 different nations will use the same artillery mold, probably 5 with France, and yet WOTC used a lot of money on a specific Russian battleship mold, and russian cruiser mold, and Russian destroyer mold, none of witch will be used in any future game. Go figure.

yes this is a good point. What a folly!

The artillery should have been fixed and the french given a few items other than infantry as their unique sculpts

Anzac should have been unique infantry too.

• Once again, thank goodness for FMG

• Customizer

@Brain:

Once again, thank goodness for FMG

Was thinking the same - though Pacific looks/sounds great in many ways… I think many elements to do with the minis blow. Will the Royal Navy ever get their own sculpts? (but Russian did?  Nice ships - don’t get me wrong… but they never see the board). Glad FMG is here to help me properly trick out the game.

• It seems china is still very week and Japan is able to aquire on unrealistic amount of IPCs.
    It still looks fun though.

• '19

Probably too early to say that Japan acquires an unrealistic amount of IPCs.  Perhaps compared to anniversary but seems that this game everyone earns a lot more IPCs.

• @ksmckay:

Probably too early to say that Japan acquires an unrealistic amount of IPCs.  Perhaps compared to anniversary but seems that this game everyone earns a lot more IPCs.

That was my conclusion as well, considering that once the US enters the game, even if Japan has crushed china to one or two territories, the combined economy of the allies seemed to match them (not sure though)  At that point, if japan can’t keep up the momentum even that mass of cash won’t help with a 3 prong naval assault.  After each of the allies were geared for war it seemed that even all that mass of cash had to be spread too thin to try and counter the US fleet steaming from Pearl AND the British/Anzac offensives in the east indies and India.

• I suppose that ANZAC could prepare a fleet + troops to invade some money islands that aren’t defended (all those 4 ipc islands). Of course, Japan could crush them if he wants to dedicate alot of ressources. But then, she weakens herself in China and leaves UK unchecked. Let’s not talk about US that is only waiting for his time to enter the war.
    UK could prepare a powerful ground army to attack Japan. With its fleet, it should be able to force Japan into splitting her naval forces. And if I remember correctly, UK starts with like 3-4 airplanes in India right? That’s quite powerful.
    China seems to be the weakess. But with the new rules, I think China can put up a decent fight. It can lure away precious units and open a road for his allies.

I think Japan will have to adopt a balanced strategy. Hitting too hard somewhere can open some weaknesses elsewhere. But at the same time, hitting everywhere seems impossible. Especially with the huge map

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m