• Where and what were you doing on the morning of 9-11-01?

• I was at work on the second day at my new job.

• I did not knew it happening before I went to work in the afternoon, a few hours after it happened, a co-worker told me about it. So I was at home, as usual, probably sleeping, b/c I was working shifts. I’m Norwegian so we don’t have the same time zones, but this happening was unusual, to say the least. When I went home after work I got more info from the Internet than the television broadcasts.

Many Americans knew exactly what they did where and they were when JFK was shot. The 9-11 is almost equal I guess…

• Many Americans knew exactly what they did where and they were when JFK was shot. The 9-11 is almost equal I guess…

Exactly. Just like everybody remembers where they were when Ed McMahan ( the King of talk) passed in the prime of life. They must have mentioned it in the news like every day. In fact i never knew Micheal Jackson even died till 2 months latter because of the news stories surrounding the various conspiracy stories regarding how Ed McMahan died.

I hear they will see trying to sell Ed’s last concert on DVD and re release all of his bits on TV.

( above was true sarcasm for the uninitiated)

• 2007 AAR League

I was living in California at the time, so i was still asleep when a friend called me and said quick turn on your tv, a plane just crashed into the WTC.  My intial thought was that a small single engine plane had hit.  I turned on the TV just before the second plane hit.  I watched live as the second plane crashed into Tower 2.  My jaw dropped, I couldn’t believe it!  I had just been in NYC several days before on business.  Shortly after I started getting phone calls, we had clients in NYC that relied on high speed internet to run our software.  All the main lines went through the WTC.  I spent the next few hours with one eye on the TV and the other on my computer screen while we setup alternate internet access.  A year later my wife and I stopped in NYC on our way back from a Med cruise and visited Ground Zero.  It was erie, nothing there but a big hole in the ground and a banner on a nearby building saying “We will never forget”.  Sadly 8 years later nothing has changed…it’s a disgrace that the Freedom Tower hasn’t been built or even started!

• I was lunching here in Spain. Normal news were on TV when then we saw the planes crashing. A sad day

• I live in California and I was on my way to work listening to the radio when they announced that a small plane had just crashed into the WTC building, of course later the story was cleared up. I got to work and somebody was watching the story on the internet and as a result I didn’t get much work done that day.

• I was living on UK campus and all of us were sleeping late as usual.  My dad had stopped by to do some work and told us we were missing a huge event.  All had been said and done, but of course news was going for days afterwards.  I remember my dad telling me “Watch: it’s going to be someone’s ass very soon.”  Then no politician could say anything without 9/11 somewhere in the sentence, especially Giuliani.

“Knock Knock.”
    “Who’s there?”
    “9/11”
    “9/11 who?”
    “You said you’d never forget!!!”

• I live in Texas and was in my truck driving to school when news of the first plane hit.

• looking out the window of my 3rd grade classroom, and wondering where that giant column of smoke was coming from

• 2007 AAR League

@Omega:

I was flying one of the hijacked plane

Not funny, especially posting it on 9/11.  Nearly 3,000 peopled died at the hands of suicidal Islamic fanatactics that those people never knew or did anything to harm.  -1 Karma from now to eternity. :x :x

• @Emperor:

@Omega:

Not funny, especially posting it on 9/11.  Nearly 3,000 peopled died at the hands of suicidal Islamic fanatactics that those people never knew or did anything to harm.  -1 Karma from now to eternity. :x :x

agreed :x

• @Emperor:

@Omega:

Yeah, well I seem to remember talking about Iraqi civilians in the same light yet people seem to think that’s different.

Why the hell is it “especially” not funny on the anniversary?  What makes that particular day more serious?

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

@Emperor:

@Omega:

Yeah, well I seem to remember talking about Iraqi civilians in the same light yet people seem to think that’s different.

Why the hell is it “especially” not funny on the anniversary?  What makes that particular day more serious?

Your callousness is only surpassed by your naiveté…a big fat smite.

• I was at work that morning on the University of Iowa campus (I was auditing the University) and my boss told me the news.  She said plane crash into World Trade Center.  I was not aware at the time that they were these 2 huge towers in NYC.  I asked how many people might be in them, and she thought maybe 50,000.  So yeah, I just couldn’t comprehend that kind of a disaster.  It was quite awhile til I heard it was “only” a few thousand dead.
    This was an unspeakably heinous and cowardly act.  Even Hitler himself did not organize suicide bombers to deliberately kill thousands of civilians in a tower in his enemy’s city plus the innocent people in the airplanes.  I need to start thinking about something else - this heinous act on citizens of the world (WTC had a lot of foreign-born people) makes me extremely angry to this day and I’m sure it always will.
    <9/14/09> One clarification - Hitler’s orchestration of the Holocaust is still one of the most horrific atrocities of all of history.  I did not mean to minimize that one bit.

I was at my house doing school.

Fun fact: later that day I went out into the woods and stepped into a Yellow Jacket hive. Got stung like 10 times.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

I was at my house doing school.

Fun fact: later that day I went out into the woods and stepped into a Yellow Jacket hive. Got stung like 10 times.

GG

Ouch!

• @Emperor:

@Jermofoot:

@Emperor:

@Omega:

Your callousness is only surpassed by your naiveté…a big fat smite.

Oh, wow.  I’m so hurt.  Please, one more smite just might make me cry. Way to dodge a question - that reminds me of old times!  +1 for you.

Oh, and thanks for employing the fine workers of Georgetown, KY by purchasing a Corolla (I have one myself as well).  I’m sure Obama is proud.  :-D

• This is getting too political for something thats not political ( referring to the post a few up from Jermos)

should it be closed?

• @Imperious:

This is getting too political for something thats not political ( referring to the post a few up from Jermos)

should it be closed?

Is it up for vote or something?  Thanks for being democratic.

Let me just put a political message in my footer and we’ll call it square.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m