Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of reading between studying binges. I’ve become interested in the 9/11 Conspiracy websites, most of which have little or no credibility. It was an interesting subject though so I kept digging. Being under the veil of conspiracy theories, you get some pretty wild stuff. Mostly bunk.
So I sifted through most of the bunk and poorer theories. There are lots of sites which alledge things, but few with any real credibility.
For awhile, the best of the sites I found was: http://www.pentagonresearch.com/index.html. It made some claims that weren’t really supported by much proof, but also made a few good points.
It’s been made pretty clear to me that something else went on beyond the common story, and that the Government made some clear move to cover up what really did happen. Some great points from the website above:
- The layout of the Pentagon is very well known. There is no reason why Flight 77 was crashed into the particular wedge that it was. This picture shows the path of Flight 77:
Notice the 270 degree turn that Flight 77 made prior to hitting the Pentagon. Flying that plane was (according to the offical story)
Hani Hanjour. Here is a Newsday quote concerning Hanjour’s flying ability:
“However, when Baxter (Sheri Baxter, flight instructor) and fellow instructor Ben Conner took the slender, soft-spoken Hanjour on three test runs during the second week of August, they found he had trouble controlling and landing the single-engine Cessna 172. Even though Hanjour showed a federal pilot’s license and a log book cataloging 600 hours of flying experience, chief flight instructor Marcel Bernard declined to rent him a plane without more lessons.”
Look, I fly Gliders. I don’t even have my pilots license. I probably could prove to this Bernard guy that I could be trusted with a 172. This guy was probably near my level in flight skill, and he did a short 270 degree turn with a 757?
And heres the big thing: Hanjour made this turn only to slam the plane into the only wedge of the Pentagon currently empty and under construction? The direct opposite side of the Pentagon - which would have required no turning at all to destroy - houses the highest level offices in the building - like the Secretary of Defense.
I’m sorry, but I don’t buy a) Hanjour was able to fly that plane and b) He purposely, after months or years of planning, decided to damage the empty fifth of the building.
- There is deliberate evidence of a government cover-up. The Pentagon holds 86 different tapes which were recording near the building on 9/11. Several clearly showed some part of the attack. Yet, the FBI released only one video showing the attacks, which is clearly edited and flawed.
Although I don’t think the site’s claims of something hitting the building other than a 757 are true, their case for the video being doctored is pretty good. Check this link out: http://www.pentagonresearch.com/dod.html.
To sum it up (the website does it better) a) Several frames are missing b) One frame is clearly doctored, and several others may be
An author of another website (http://www.flight77.info/) is involved in an ungoing legal case to get the FBI to release the other tapes, and the complete unedited footage from this camera. He does a pretty good job, and isn’t a complete crazy like some others.
- It is difficult if not impossible to place the terrorists on those planes at that time. I’m going to link you to what I think is the best 9/11 site on the internet, specifically because it doesn’t get into a lot of the more outlandish theories (no 757 hit the Pentagon). The following link does an excellent job in at least 7 (if not more) of the 9/11 hijackers can be found to be alive today. It also cites that none can be accurately placed on the planes they seemed to have hijacked.
I wish I bookmarked the link, but the site cites a great quote by former FBI chief Bill Mueller, something along the lines of “There exists not one piece of hard evidence, from Afganistan or America, linking any one terrorist to the 9/11 attacks. They left no paper trail”.
I say this site is the absolute best on the web because he rejects the notion that a 757 didn’t hit the Pentagon (and actually goes to great lengths in the following link to prove it http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/911_pentagon_757_plane_evidence.html))
Yet… he definately sees that something is fishy. He openly critisizes some of the poorer conspiracy theorists, including Michael Moore. But he poses some interesting questions without answers under the conventional story.
4. Why didn’t the Secret Service hustle Dubya out of the classroom? - Yanny - President Bush stayed in the classroom in Florida for over two minutes, and was told about the attacks beforehand
24. Why did none of the 19 hijackers appear on the passenger lists?
25. Why would devout Muslims frequent bars, drink alcoholic beverages and leave their bibles?
29. How did a hijackers passport miraculously appear near the WTC? Who found it and what time?
47. Where did the photos of all 19 hijackers come from?
None of these have any sort of answer as far as I can tell.
Thats something to chew on for you. If you look at these sites, be weary of unreliable information. Theres a lot of it. Do your research, but also remember that a lot of things brought up are purely conjecture. A 757 very clearly hit the Pentagon.