• I missed it, but why was the political forum taken off?

Out of thread, but give me a break… Germany with the additional forces in France, Norway, and the low countires…  Russians would be speaking German right now.  Along with the rest of us (given time).

• '19 Moderator

PD is gone for good.

• @dezrtfish:

PD is gone for good.

:cry: :cry: I think we need to ban people from pd. not ban pd from the people.

• 2007 AAR League

@dezrtfish:

PD is gone for good.

It’s officially gone forever?

• '19 Moderator

Nothing is forever, but for now there will be no political discussion on this site.  It causes to much trouble.

• 2007 AAR League

if everyone had thick skin it would be no problem. whatever happened to the “if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen” mentality.  :?

• The current plan is to POSSIBLY restore PD at a new site, with previous PD discussions relocated to the new location as a “seed” to spark further discussion.

It may or may not happen, it is being considered.

If it DOES happen, then many of you will get your wish… I shall neither be a mod, nor a participant in any new website set up for PD discussion.

In the mean time, there has already been too much discussion about, and effort put into, a topic area that is not actually a part of this web site’s main purpose, and I would encourage ALL list members to focus on the GAME of Axis and Allies in all of its various forms and reserve your political discussions for elsewhere.

• 2007 AAR League

@balungaloaf:

if everyone had thick skin it would be no problem. whatever happened to the “if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen” mentality.  :?

What if you like being in the kitchen, but there’s someone there who insults you every time?

A thick skin should not be a requirement for intellectual discourse and reasoned debate.

IMO, given some of the personalities here, the PD here needed a lot more moderation, and considering it’s not a paid position, that’s too much to ask of the good people who  volunteer their time as moderators.

• @Frood:

@balungaloaf:

What if you like being in the kitchen, but there’s someone there who insults you every time?

A thick skin should not be a requirement for intellectual discourse and reasoned debate.

IMO, given some of the personalities here, the PD here needed a lot more moderation, and considering it’s not a paid position, that’s too much to ask of the good people who  volunteer their time as moderators.

seems like tournies are becoming that way too.  :-P

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

@Frood:

@balungaloaf:

seems like tournies are becoming that way too.  :-P

IMO the mods should be a lot more ruthless. They say they’re sick of the BS but it just continues. Where’s the power?

• News Flash…

My job is to ENCOURAGE people to come see the site, and to participate, and to also click those banner adds for nice things like games that are in the top corner of your screen (please take a moment to tip your waiter or waitress…)

And part of that promotion of traffic is to run Tournaments.  I oversee 2 Tournaments a year, and I do my best to encourage participation in them (I did REALLY well this Spring, not so good this fall) so that people will join the site and be active here (and click the banner ads… please take a moment to tip your waiter or waitress).

So while I PERSONALLY would have removed JSP and U-505 from the Tournament after probably the second smart ass response, that is NOT in keeping with my assigned job of promoting site participation and getting people to click the banner ads (please take a moment to tip your waiter or waitress).

So I am far more patient with most folks as a Moderator than I EVER would be as a person (and that includes pretty much every conflict or dispute to which i have ever been a party to on this site).

So… please take a moment to tip your waiter and waitress.  And while you do so, think of all the posts that I have deleted unsent in the interest of promoting activity on the site.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m