Axis & Allies World Championship 2008

• One of my goals as DAAK president is to finish the transformation of DAAK into a bilingual club. All internet sites are available in English and German, however a few may still need a workover in terms of english grammar and wording.
    If you see any page that needs immediate attention or if you encounters problems during sign-up due to understanding problems please let me know. I will fix that immediately.

Thanks guys for the responses and info.

@Lili:

Yes, I see, you are our No. 9 in the rankings, right? Another axisandallies.org top player missing right now in the tourney.  :wink:

I think I might be dropping some spots though.  :cry:
    I’m in a tough LL game with Erwin_Rommel (#10).

I think I might sign-up I just have to make sure I’ll have the time before I commit to it.

• And if you sign-up: remember that you write me for which club you want to play, since you have the choice.  8-)

• Lili I appreciate the offer, but alas I do not have the time that I used to have…
    With being the Admin for our Tournament here, no way I could free up the time to comit.

I am still 19th eh?  I peaked at 5th early last year, then had a run of losses…  :cry:

• 2007 AAR League

I’m willing to throw my name into the mix to play in this tournament, although I think I am still learning the game so to speak.
    I personally think that A&A.org is definetly the best place to play, the main reason is that its easy to navigate around, find games and the fact that there are alot of really good gamers playing. But I would enjoy playing in this tounament on behalf of A&A.org if the powers to be are happy for me to do so. Also being from Australia, with the only player that I know from Australia being Tekky from this site, it would be good to have a representitive from there.
    Cheers,
              Rand.

• Hi Rand,

sounds good.  :-) Could you send me a mail to aaworldcup@daak.de, please? Then I can tell you who to sign-up (it´s only one thing to do).
    I hope we can find a few other players, following Rand to the Rhine and keeping up the aa.org flag!

Bye,
    Lili

• I’ll join Rand and compete. It will be an honor to play under the A&A ORG flag.

I’ll send you an email Lili.

• @JWW:

I’ll join Rand and compete. It will be an honor to play under the A&A ORG flag.

all the best

i am sure you can do very well there  :wink:

• And you?  :wink:

• well, i am not among the best on this forum

and this tournament would ask from me, serious strategy and planning since i would be defending the colors of A&A site.

You see, in my latest games, almost always i played my move immediately after i saw the opponents one,

and i will try to avoid that in tournament, not that is bad, but still…

but if i catch some time-depending on the work and other stuff…i would gladly see JWW/Randamctses game and help with any advice i can give

they represent our site, its the same as i play :wink:

but thanks, anyway :wink:

• I have lost to both Rand and JWW…

They are well suited to represent our site, and best of luck to both of them!

• @Amon:

well, i am not among the best on this forum

Well, I will not win this title either.  :wink: It´s just the olympic spirit that keeps me going on.  :-D

• Don;t let Amon fool you…

He just SPANKED me in two consecutive games!

Well, I just sent an email in to sign-up too.  :-D

• @ncscswitch:

Don;t let Amon fool you…

He just SPANKED me in two consecutive games!

So it´s just understatement.  :-)

@DarthMaximus:

Well, I just sent an email in to sign-up too.

That´s great news. You already achieved a high ranking position at DAAK as well. Let´s see if you can enhance this.

Cheers,

Lili

• Is this World Championship the one that is in the fall, or is this the Tournament that starts in the immediate future?

• Hi ncscswitch,

sorry that I didn´t point that out exact enough:

Now, at March 1st, the Qualifying of the World Championsips 2008 starts. It´s like the World Championships finals played in ADS style, with FIDA bid, LHTR 2.0 (so nothing special). A move has to be done every 3rd day.

The best 16 players of this qualifying qualify for the World Championships finals, beginning at November 1st.

I think to reach the finals you only have to win one or two games. So there´s enough time for playing the qualifying and no pressure of time.

If there´s another question… please ask. It´s important that everything´s clear before the start.

Cheers,
    Lili

• @ncscswitch:

Is this World Championship the one that is in the fall, or is this the Tournament that starts in the immediate future?

The World Championship in Fall will be played with only 16 players. Those are determined in the upcoming qualifying.

• Can you explain the FIDA bid again? Thank you

• In comparison to a ‘normal’ bid you are only allowed to use maximum the half of the bidden amount (rounded down) for units you directly put on the board. The rest of the bidden IPC can be distributed as IPCs to your nations and can be used at the nation’s turn for purchasing units (in combination with the starting money).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m