• I just cracked open our new copy of Axis & Allies Revised Edition today and have a very basic question on movement. Hypothetical example used below…

I think I read this right but the instructions say you can end your movement in a friendly territory.  Q1 - is this right; can this lead to a territory with mixed friendly units (e.g., US and UK) together in the same territory?

If so… Q2 -  if this leads to a territory with mixed friendly units (e.g., US and UK) together in the same territory, what does this mean for combat?..If this territory is attacked, then who defends, all units from both the UK and US?

Q3 - if the UK wants to attack from this territory during its turn, can the US units assist?  Or do they just lie back idle?

Q4 - Who owns this territory - UK or US?  or whoever was there first?

Thanks for any help on such a basic point of confusion (for me at least)…

• Q1 - is this right; can this lead to a territory with mixed friendly units (e.g., US and UK) together in the same territory?

Yes, allied units can occupy the same territory.

Q2 -  if this leads to a territory with mixed friendly units (e.g., US and UK) together in the same territory, what does this mean for combat?…If this territory is attacked, then who defends, all units from both the UK and US?

Yes, all units in a territory defend.

Q3 - if the UK wants to attack from this territory during its turn, can the US units assist?  Or do they just lie back idle?

They lie back idle; there are not joint attacks. Only joint defense.

Q3 - Who owns this territory - UK or US?  or whoever was there first?

Well, whoever originally owned it yes. If W. Canada is empty for example, moving a US unit there doesn’t change ownership. The only time you can collect on your ally’s territory is if their capital is gone AND you liberate it from the enemy. If you simply liberate it from enemy control, it goes back to the original owner. So if the US kills German units occupying Karelia, then Karelia goes back to the Russians for income purposes.

• 2007 AAR League

Yes, allied units can occupy the same territory.

Want to add that axis can also be in same territory for defense etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m