• Not sure exactly when the MB version came out….
    so I stopped at 1982.

I started in 1986 (21 years!!)

• @axis_roll:

Not sure exactly when the MB version came out….
    so I stopped at 1982.

I started in 1986 (21 years!!)

in 2004, played only Revised and D-Day so far

• Just started playing Revised this year.  I first played Classic in 2002 but only a couple games and I was terrible.  I guess I found this forum last year sometime and have only played 1 full PBEM game… working on gettin more experience as I really enjoy strategy games and WW2 history.

I don’t remember the exact year I started playing Classic, it was at some point between '87-89, so I voted for '88.

I’ve been playing Revised since Spring of '06.

• 2007 AAR League

Just started playing 2 years ago but I don’t really play FTF so 90% of my gaming has been on this site.

• I started to play revised last year (2006) so it is about one year. I play with may playing group, and we are all green players at A&A.
    I have joined this forum from two months, transferring the idea I read here to my friends. Our games are becoming more and more interesting.

• @Romulus:

I started to play revised last year (2006) so it is about one year. I play with may playing group, and we are all green players at A&A.
    I have joined this forum from two months, transferring the idea I read here to my friends. Our games are becoming more and more interesting.

do you play with weapons devealopment and national advantages

if not you should try it, especially usin the NAs
    the true fun starts there :wink:

• Well we have tried the OOB NAs but we did not like them very much! For example in one game thanks to Lend Lease we have to see 3 Russian Bombers and 8 fighter!!!
    An unsolvable problem for the Axis. It was almost impossible to gwet near the Russian infantry stacks without being wiped out!

As I discovered on this board, the great part of the OOB NA are broken giving more powers to the Allies, do you agree with this opinion?

We have downloaded the LHTR (1.3 and then 2.0) and we are trying to use the NAs indicated there. We usually give four random advantages to the Axis (2 for German and two fro Japan) and three to the Allied (1 for each of them) and really the game is more fun, always different and posed differents problem each time we played.
    I must say that we do not play too much A&A, we usually play one or two games in the week ends, we are also involved with other games.
    I like A&A very much beacause I has been always attracted by history, weapons and strategy. I like to play strategic boardgames and strategic videogames.

• @Romulus:

We usually give four random advantages to the Axis (2 for German and two fro Japan) and three to the Allied (1 for each of them) and really the game is more fun, always different and posed differents problem each time we played.

For me there is already enough randomness in this game due to the dice.  We like to play were each side gets to CHOOSE which NA they get.  Each side gets an even number of NAs (4 each, so one allied player gets two NAs, allies get to choose which one)

NA addition by choice is one of the main features of the Enhanced rules set.  Look in house rules if this might pique our interest or PM me.

• I started in 2006, I played risk before AA, then I got bored and wanted ships and tanks, made up my own rules untill one day I saw AAR, bout it and have been absesed ever sence.

• I first played Classic in 1988.

I first played Revised in around Christmas 2005… just after joining this site.

• 2007 AAR League

1986. Sophmore in highschool. Same time I started Playing Conquest of the Empire, Risk, Shogun, and Fortress America. A&A is the only one to survive this long.

Say it loud, I’m geekalicious and I’m proud.

• @U-505:

and Fortress America.

could never get into that one. All I remember is the laser weapon/unit was pretty cool.

• @axis_roll:

@Romulus:

We usually give four random advantages to the Axis (2 for German and two fro Japan) and three to the Allied (1 for each of them) and really the game is more fun, always different and posed differents problem each time we played.

For me there is already enough randomness in this game due to the dice.  We like to play were each side gets to CHOOSE which NA they get.  Each side gets an even number of NAs (4 each, so one allied player gets two NAs, allies get to choose which one)

NA addition by choice is one of the main features of the Enhanced rules set.  Look in house rules if this might pique our interest or PM me.

Er… I have already noted the link at bottom of your posts and I have already printed the Enhanced rules… I only should convince my friends to use them!  :-)

I still not have used them, but at first look they are very interesting!

Really we are still exploring the possibilities of the opening moves, without any other addiction, so often we play without NA or Reasearch. As you said the game already have a lot of randomness, expecially first turn where the battle are usually fought with less dices, and the initial situation of the second round depends also from the random dice results as depends from the opening moves of the players. But I think that is coming the moment that we try to introduce NA and Reasearch in every game.

• I have been playing and working with Axis and Allies 2nd Edition since 2004, and Pacific since 2005.  I have been playing board war games since 1970, the year after I graduated from high school, and started with Panzerblitz.  I still have the original game.  I also started with naval miniatures that same year.

• Started playing with guys from work the summer before senior year (1987), got some other HS friends into it the last year and played very little in college.  Just started playing again this year.  I don’t have the atention span for PBF, but love playing on the triplea forum, so long as you don’t get some jerk who drops out without warning/reason.

• I have both a first and a second edition game, with all the pieces painted. I’m pretty sure that I started in 1984.
    I’ve played evrything except, Battle of the Bulge.

• '19 Moderator

Started playing in 1986 freshman year of HS.  Didn’t buy my own game until 88 or 89, but I still have it, I got it at Toys R Us, along with Fortress America.

• Interesting results this far:

There’s a sizable ‘rookie’ class (3 or less years of experience), 19 poll participants

and a group of grizzled veterans (over 15 years of experience), 13 poll participants

I am glad to see the new comers.  I guess Revised was a good thing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m