Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post

• '21 '18 '16

Can you send me one? I will send money!!!
    PM me if this is possible.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@seancb:

Can you send me one? I will send money!!!
    PM me if this is possible.

No problem, but I’d prefer you to wait to pay me till after I post pics and vid of final product…. but ya, I’d be more then happy to send you a copy.

• I might have you customize a couple things for me (ie use the swaztica roundel for germans and the russian star).  I would gladly pay you for your time.  We are already lucky as a community that you are making your file available to us

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Really impressive map Siredblood! You’re definitely a great artist. Would love to see it in person, but that will be a challenge for now :-)

• '17 '16 Customizer

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can’t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

• @siredblood:

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can�t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

You sprayed with rustoleum dull matte finish right ? Did the edges roll up an inch ? Thats the spray I use.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I used a water based satin… I’ll clarify what when I get home, but no it didn’t roll… it is printed on a pretty thick vinyl though, about double the thickness as a map from hbg g36

• @siredblood:

I used a water based satin… I�ll clarify what when I get home, but no it didn�t roll… it is printed on a pretty thick vinyl though, about double the thickness as a map from hbg g36

Ok Thank You

• '17 '16 Customizer

I used minwax polycrylic … water based, not much of a smell, dries clear and fast… think it was 10 bucks… about used the whole can lol

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can�t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

Does that extra coat make a huge impact on scratch resistance? I’m looking to get my nearly finished Global map printed, but cannot find a local print shop that does laminating at all. So sealing the print myself might be the best solution.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I have to go with yes, I didn’t dare to try and scratch my actual board, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can’t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don’t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

I have to go with yes, I didn�t dare to try and scratch my actual board

I would call you mad if you did  :-D

@siredblood:

, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can�t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don�t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will look into a good mat clear coat.

• @siredblood:

I have to go with yes, I didn�t dare to try and scratch my actual board, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can�t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don�t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

Thanks for this info. I get my printed map on Monday. They said they don’t laminate either.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Here is a vid of the map, hope it comes out well… my first vid with my new camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdolnzSyWrw&feature=youtu.be

• @siredblood:

Here is a vid of the map, hope it comes out well… my first vid with my new camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdolnzSyWrw&feature=youtu.be

Excellent work. I can’t imagine how many hours it took you. I am in awe how far guys go for this hobby. I appreciate seeing all the great things on this site. Keep it up.

• Amazing! Will you be offering this up to the community to print and play on?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Sorin:

Amazing! Will you be offering this up to the community to print and play on?

Yes, I have a few minor tweeks I want to do, which ill do over this week…. nothing major, just playing on it yesterday, I saw a few things id like to adjust… stuff no one would notice but me… but my OCD cant let it go lol.

• Good job on that map brother! Bravo.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Nice to see the map on your table. I really like how the colors match the wooden wash of your table. Well done.

And I really like your convoy and especially your kamikaze tokens on your map.

• Can’t wait to see it up close and personal….brother…amazing job

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m