Any Hope of Making CHINA a REAL 7th Player Nation?

• '10

@Imperious:

You made China into Godzilla im afraid. It needs to be juiced down.

Like I said, It has not been through a great play test…  Just one game.  Some players were inexperienced.  If some one has a possible solution or set up please post it.

• round up china so if they have 3 they can build 2 infantry

Also, Burma road gets 4 IPC (deducted from UK totals) as long as allies control Yunnan and or Burma. The IPC can buy any units.

Add one Soviet unit representing the CPC per turn in any north Chinese territory under control. These are controlled by USSR and cannot attack with other normal Chinese units.

• @Imperious:

round up china so if they have 3 they can build 2 infantry

Also, Burma road gets 4 IPC (deducted from UK totals) as long as allies control Yunnan and or Burma. The IPC can buy any units.

Add one Soviet unit representing the CPC per turn in any north Chinese territory under control. These are controlled by USSR and cannot attack with other normal Chinese units.

you are saying when you say round up china 3/2 that every 3 territories it gets 2 inf.?

Also does the japs get any increase of men anywere?

Since your buffing up asia enough to kick japan out don’t you think japan(won’t be as strong and usa could walk all over him every single game?)

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Rules seem a little complex.

If you’re introducing them as a full player, why not get rid of the inf popping thing altogether?
    I think if its going to be worth the effort, they should play using the same rules as everyone else.

• I agree (but we are nerfing a game…)

• you are saying when you say round up china 3/2 that every 3 territories it gets 2 inf.?

NO. i am saying just round up rather than round down. So odds get you 1 more infantry rather than 1 less.

Also does the japs get any increase of men anywere?

no they have enought. look at 41. they have everything and then more.

Since your buffing up asia enough to kick japan out don’t you think japan(won’t be as strong and usa could walk all over him every single game?)

Its a minor road apple to help keep China in the game more than 3 turns. If you give them 1 per territory japan loses the mainland in too many games. Not realistic at all.

• But would not Germany get run over in Europe if the japanese gets pin back in Asia? Then it’s Germany agains alle 3 of the allies. +4 against 3 is not fair  :-P

• '10

@Hubbe:

But would not Germany get run over in Europe if the japanese gets pin back in Asia? Then it’s Germany agains alle 3 of the allies. +4 against 3 is not fair  :-P

In the games you have played thus far….  How many times did Japan make it to the gates of MOSCOW?

• don’t know if this has been covered yet, but surely placing an IC in china would change the japanese strategy somewhat? i mean, the japanese player will want that IC, and most likely throw everything they can at it

and if they get it, then moscow’s in big, big trouble (as that’s really the logical place to go from there)

• '16 '15 '10

I’d stick with the Larry Harris scheme (factory in Sink for 5 doesn’t seem right), just add a total of 5 inf to what China already has.  1941 requires even more inf I think as China is much too weak.

If Japan can destroy China by Turn 3 something isn’t right IMHO.  A pro Japan should capture China by Turn 4-5, India by 6-8, and start threatening Moscow around Turn 10.  If Germany/Italy can still hold out for a few more turns at this point then the Axis probably deserves the win.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m