• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hello,

I got a question again on fighter’s landing rule.  My friend is playing Axis and I am playing Allies.  There appears an interesting condition that my friend tries to use a fighter from Germany to attack the US sea force.  Is this a legal move?  My friend’s argument is this is legal because theoretically the carrier from sea zone 5 can move 2 spaces to sea zone 7 to pick up the fighter.  I doubt this because there is no combat movement happen in sea zone 6 (assume he does not attack that sea zone) so there is no way the carrier can stop at sea zone 7.  Which one is valid?

In case he does attack sea zone 6 using even just 1 ship, would that make this move legal if previous movement is illegal?

Thanks,
    2014-04-25 22 34 48.png

• @innohub:

My friend is playing Axis and I am playing Allies.  There appears an interesting condition that my friend tries to use a fighter from Germany to attack the US sea force.  Is this a legal move?  My friend’s argument is this is legal because theoretically the carrier from sea zone 5 can move 2 spaces to sea zone 7 to pick up the fighter.  I doubt this because there is no combat movement happen in sea zone 6 (assume he does not attack that sea zone) so there is no way the carrier can stop at sea zone 7.  Which one is valid?

The German carrier can move to SZ 7 only during NCM. If your friend intends to do so, there has to be a combat in seazone 6 in order to possibly clear that SZ. For the purpose of showing a legit landing place for the German fighter in SZ 7 on the German carrier your friend can assume that in SZ 6 all of his shots are hits and all of your shots are fails.

@innohub:

In case he does attack sea zone 6 using even just 1 ship, would that make this move legal if previous movement is illegal?

Correct!

You may want to read page 26 of the rulebook, that matches your scenario perfectly.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Thank you so much for explanation.  It is very clear now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m