HBG Gaming Convention "Battlecon"

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

“HBGcon” will be held on May 16-18, 2014.
    Tulsa, OK , website will be up very soon with more details.
    Coach

Hotel located at Tulsa Airport (Map location showing it)
    Free Full Hot breakfast Buffet Sat and Sun
    Free Wifi
    Free Airport Shuttle to within 3-4 miles of Hotel
    All guest rooms offer high-definition cable television, a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a microwave & fridge (first come first serve).

Call 918-838-1444 for room Reservations (State that you are with “HBGcon”
    Check in 3:00 pm
    Checkout 11:am

• '12

@coachofmany:

We are finalizing our dates and Hotel and have it narrowed to 2 Hotels and 3 weekends of May of 2014 in Tulsa, OK
    Please vote for the 2 weekends that will best work for you.
    This will help make our decision but not be a absolute depending on the polling.
    Thank you.
    Coach

Any weekend works good for me so long as I got notice!  I’m in FOR SURE!  Quick drive from Houston, and I’ll have a plus one join me from Dallas at least.

AWESOME!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Wish it was a little later in the summer, but I will try to be there if I can. Hard to project that far ahead. Especially living in Ohio.

@LHoffman:

Wish it was a little later in the summer, but I will try to be there if I can. Hard to project that far ahead. Especially living in Ohio.

I do not want to compete against Origins, Historicon, and Gencon.
    Hope you can make it!

@coachofmany:

Hope you can make it!

A wise choice then. Hope I can too. Thanks Coach.

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

Hope you can make it!

One of the Hotels I am looking at offers free Breakfast Buffet.
    Now will you come?  :-D

@coachofmany:

@LHoffman:

@coachofmany:

Hope you can make it!

One of the Hotels I am looking at offers free Breakfast Buffet.
    Now will you come?  :-D

Free food… gets me every time. As long as they have a waffle maker.  :wink:

• Man you folks remind me of some kind of carpet baggers….free breakfast and you show up. :-D

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I voted for the two that are not Memorial Day Weekend. I’ll tell you why:

If it were just me and my friend Coach playing, Memorial Day would work great. But I know many of you have family and friends that will expect you to host a BBQ or go to a BBQ or take that trip with your loving wife etc. I fear that Memorial Day Weekend will result in a lot of cancellations…

• I’m pretty new to the A&A forums here, and I’m not an active A&A player (been away from it for several years), but this sounds like a fun gathering.  I’m in Wichita, so Tulsa’s a easy drive for me.  I hope I can make it!

I voted for the two weekends that are NOT Memorial Day weekend on account of the significance of Memorial Day itself.  My home town hosts a very respectful Memorial Day service that honors the local veterans, both living and deceased.  My dad, who served in the Navy in WWII, is now buried in that hometown cemetery.  I’ve always attended the services there.  This year I started helping with the parade of flags that are flown for the veterans buried there, a tradition I’m pretty likely to continue.

• Customizer

Coach,

––While I’m 95% certain that I’ll attend at this point I still can’t guarantee that. However I’m definitely planning on attending if it’s at all possible for me to do so.
    ----Also, IMHO I think it would be better to hold your convention on either week-end OTHER THAN memorial day week-end as many people have other events or family obligations then.
    ––I look forward to enjoying a game of Axis & Allies with/against you using all of my detailed/painted units,…many of which were produced by Historical Board Gaming. It would be their combat debut and I can think of no better venue to “blood” them than your gaming convention. I hope it’s only the first in a long line of annual “wars” that we enjoy in Oklahoma. :-D

“Tall Paul”

• '14 '13

Ok, am I looking at my calendar wrong? The dates you posted are for the WEEKENDS of May 2014, correct? Unless the calendar is wrong on my tablet, those dates don’t coincide with the weekend dates.

Sorry for the confusion at the top. Looking like the 'Con will be May 16 - 18, 2014. No competing 'cons that way. Looks like Coach had his calendar set wrong.

I can make it on that Sunday, May 18th. What time would the convention open each day and close?

• Customizer

John,

@John:

I can make it on that Sunday, May 18th. What time would the convention open each day and close?

––Maybe we can team up and go. It would probably save me some gas and make it more FUN for the both of us, too. Or at least meet up whenever we get there. Give me a call.

“Tall Paul”

• Go, and become a regular at the event…My step daughter graduates around the 14th and thats in Missouri, not too far but  my wife she would probably kill me…ya never know until you find out

We definitely need to plan for this one! :-)

It would be great to have you guys there! Heck, I gotta come from California! No whining from those between the Rockies and the Mississippi River…  :-D :-D :-D

I talked to Tall Paul on the phone yesterday, and are going to meet each other for the first time Friday. We are going to discuss about when we can meet to play some axis and allies and possibly ride to the convention in May. I can’t wait to meet you guys. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from HBG this month and looking forward to possibly gaming with all of you at the convention. :-D

• Customizer

John,

@John:

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from HBG this month and looking forward to possibly gaming with all of you at the convention.

––I feel certain that you’ll be TOTALLY SATISFIED with any/all purchases that you make from HBG. Doug will make sure that you are happy. I, like everyone else that have ever had any dealings with HBG, are loyal “fans” of
    “The Big Green H”, and it leader, General Doug!

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m