• Hi guys,

I’ve looked through a lot of topics, and I didn’t see it, but maybe this has already been discussed. Don’t you find it weird that there is no IC in Southern Europe? India and Australia get one but Italy does not?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What’s it going to produce!?! Sub standard soldiers, and flags ready to surrender?

• Bastard Garg: allow me to say things like that for myself!
    Is strange not having an IC in Italy, but suppose it makes sense as they did not want to give the Axis an advantage over UK in Africa. India could have been worth 2 and Australia, well
    could have dropped that IC I suppose.
    Game is fine. Only just got mine and played half yesterday. Will finish today.

• Yeah I agree that’s a nerf the Axis could live with.

• What is a nerf?

• Does it matter?  Have you seen a legit allied victory?

• Think my friend would have had one, if he had not been so unlucky on his R2 rolls.

• I understand they removed Italy’s IC for balance in Africa; at the same time, it’s odd not having something that’s been there for the last three decades!!

Btw, ‘nerf’ generally means to make something weaker.

• Thank you. I played today and I really think an IC, even of one, would have unbalanced things.

• @Mallery29:

Does it matter?  Have you seen a legit allied victory?

Well I think it’s a weird balance choice. Why not keep it and make the Ger/USSR battlefield more balanced instead? I don’t know, it seems a bit like the Anniversary edition where Cairo wasn’t a victory city. I mean, what??? I know it’s for balance issues but come on, there’s gotta be a way to make it work?

But I’ve just played one game, maybe I’ll find it’s was the right call to remove it and I’ll praise them for that!

An IC in ECanada would have been nice, that way you could produce ships far away from WEurope.  :-)

@MistuhJay:

Btw, ‘nerf’ generally means to make something weaker.

Yep

• Well I think it’s a weird balance choice. Why not keep it and make the Ger/USSR battlefield more balanced instead? I don’t know, it seems a bit like the Anniversary edition where Cairo wasn’t a victory city. I mean, what??? I know it’s for balance issues but come on, there’s gotta be a way to make it work?

Africa is really a waste of time in this version. � The game is already Axis favored, so why give another IC? � What’s the point of having a second IC anyways when you only have 12IPCs? � Pull your tank off N.Africa and take Gibraltar…gives your DD/Trans hope against just the Bomber (once carrier FTR has no place to land). � This way, your tank can focus in Europe, where it’s needed most( or setup for possible sealion on G2 assuming no DD blocker).

• @Mallery29:

Well I think it’s a weird balance choice. Why not keep it and make the Ger/USSR battlefield more balanced instead? I don’t know, it seems a bit like the Anniversary edition where Cairo wasn’t a victory city. I mean, what??? I know it’s for balance issues but come on, there’s gotta be a way to make it work?
    Africa is really a waste of time in this version.  The game is already Axis favored, so why give another IC?  What’s the point of having a second IC anyways when you only have 12IPCs?  Pull your tank off N.Africa and take Gibraltar…gives your DD/Trans hope against just the Bomber (once carrier FTR has no place to land).  This way, your tank can focus in Europe, where it’s needed most( or setup for possible sealion on G2 assuming no DD blocker).

Yeah I agree that Africa is less economically valuable, but I think it can still help the Axis players. But unlike most other versions, it’s not a must have. As for the invasion of Gib, it’s exactly what I plan to do on my first Axis game ;) But if you lose the Trn you just lost your Tank too…

• Yeah I agree that Africa is less economically valuable, but I think it can still help the Axis players. But unlike most other versions, it’s not a must have. As for the invasion of Gib, it’s exactly what I plan to do on my first Axis game ;) But if you lose the Trn you just lost your Tank too…

I know, but leaving it in Africa isn’t much of an option either….the hope is you kill the Bomber with the DD and the transport lives…UK loses the Bomber, the Allies have pretty much lost the war at that point.

With the UK only able to drop 3 units, you should control the Atlantic for a bit…they may wipe out your BB and DD, but they won’t have much left to show for it either.

Africa is only 2IPC (3 if you include the M.E.)…not worth the units when you sack Moscow…you’ll lose the DD/Trans once you try to take Egypt anyways, so why not make it difficult for the Brits to come after you?

• @Mallery29:

Yeah I agree that Africa is less economically valuable, but I think it can still help the Axis players. But unlike most other versions, it’s not a must have. As for the invasion of Gib, it’s exactly what I plan to do on my first Axis game ;) But if you lose the Trn you just lost your Tank too…

I know, but leaving it in Africa isn’t much of an option either….the hope is you kill the Bomber with the DD and the transport lives…UK loses the Bomber, the Allies have pretty much lost the war at that point.

With the UK only able to drop 3 units, you should control the Atlantic for a bit…they may wipe out your BB and DD, but they won’t have much left to show for it either.

Africa is only 2IPC (3 if you include the M.E.)…not worth the units when you sack Moscow…you’ll lose the DD/Trans once you try to take Egypt anyways, so why not make it difficult for the Brits to come after you?

Good points. The 2 Inf from SEur not used in Egy will be pretty useful on the eastern front.

• @MistuhJay:

‘nerf’ generally means to make something weaker.

‘nerf’ also means to make a normally dangerous weapon or toy safe enough for kids to throw/shoot directly at peoples faces and/or nuts that it turns from horrible into hilarious (e.g. ‘nerf’ football, ‘nerf’ gun, ‘nerf’ baseball, etc.).

• I lost S Europe to UK because I dropped 2 Inf in Africa. Thought I had to to pressure UK. Might not do it if I played again.

• @wittmann:

I lost S Europe to UK because I dropped 2 Inf in Africa. Thought I had to to pressure UK. Might not do it if I played again.

How the hell did you let that happen???  :-o

• @Mallery29:

@wittmann:

I lost S Europe to UK because I dropped 2 Inf in Africa. Thought I had to to pressure UK. Might not do it if I played again.

I guess the Suez was open on UK1 and the indian Trn unloaded an Inf in SEur.

• @Ashkayel:

@Mallery29:

@wittmann:

I guess the Suez was open on UK1 and the indian Trn unloaded an Inf in SEur.

Interesting, but why not pour all those units into India and pressure Japan on UK2 (or land in E.Indies for D)?  Has anyone moved the UK sub to PH?  Curious…(w/in striking distance of Japan, but far away from DDs to not be destroyed)

• TripleA

I do a 3 ipc bid in this game. seems ok.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m