1942 Second Edition Preview 5: Unit Details and Abilities

• Founder TripleA Admin

Again, the rulebook leaked most of these details but in this preview we also have photos of all the units.

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis-allies-1942-second-edition-preview-units/

For higher resolution photos check out Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/djensen47/sets/72157630638727426/detail/

• Very nice high-resolution shots, which I’ll study in great detail.  Thanks!

• Customizer

Thank you. I wish there were more of the UK and German artilary units. They look Awesome.

• Units look very nice, although I’m still not sold on unique pieces for AA guns, something standard for everyone.  Why not make unique IC’s for each country in mark-3, after they start making ICs again…
    Still, maybe this bodes well for better Italian units in the future instead of reusing Germany’s…

• @Most:

Thank you. I wish there were more of the UK and German artilary units. They look Awesome.

@LuckyDay:

Units look very nice, although I’m still not sold on unique pieces for AA guns, something standard for everyone.  Why not make unique IC’s for each country in mark-3, after they start making ICs again…
    Still, maybe this bodes well for better Italian units in the future instead of reusing Germany’s…

I agree; I just picked up my new copy at my FNGS all the new sculpts are an improvement and the new artillery pieces are a BIG improvement visually, aesthetically, and even tactilely, if that’s a word (i.e., they have a much more solid, quality feel to them.)  I’m not sold on the new AA rules; I think I may continue to use the old light grey pieces in their original role and use the new pieces as “dual-purpose” artillery.  The idea is that they can target 1 aircraft (and/ or maybe a tank too, making them “tri-purpose” ?) if they roll a “1.”  Not that I’ve thought through all the implications yet of this new “house rule” idea yet, but it’s worth thinking about.  I’ve already tried it in one game using the old German 88’s for dual-purpose “special units” and the new HBG 105’s for regular field artillery, and it seemed to work OK.  The new pieces just give everone the same possibility (and look much better to boot!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m