What's the "current" main Axis and Allies boardgame? Revised, 1942, or 50th ed?

• So I took a break for a while, and now there’s Revised, 50th Edition, and Spring 1942 (in that order)

My questions are:

1.  If I were to go to a TOURNAMENT, what version would I be most likely to want to know?  (Also, what’s the bidding system used that you’d say would be most popular?)

2.  Which edition do you see played most face-to-face?

3.  Which edition do you enjoy playing the most?

• Global 1940 is the most recent released game.

1. At a tournament, I’d say AA50(since G40 takes too long).

2. Probably either AA42 or AA50; Global takes too much time and thus most of its players play online.

3. I enjoy G40 the most

• BPW, good to see you again! (I went by General_D.Fox when you were still around). What have you been up to these days? You haven’t been around for quite a long time, not since Switch left. Hmm, Switch leaves and then you disappear. Coincidence?  :-P :lol:

Yeah AA50 is the main tourney game, usually 1941 version. For some reason, 1942 doesn’t seem to be very popular. Could be the setup. Who knows.

Bidding, we bid for the allies. So usually 5-9 depending, with bids to Egypt, Russia or China mainly.

I only play AA50. I haven’t touched AA40 yet because they keep changing the damn rules almost weekly!  :-D But those rules are making that game better.

Anyway, welcome back and once you get educated on AA50, maybe we can have a go sometime. Or someone could teach you…

• Thanks for the welcome back, Fox.  Reckon I’d better order myself a set of 50th anniversary & start analyzing it.  After analysis, I can start writing me some hot articles.  Yeah, you know how my editorial style’s all like Johnny Storm; “flame on!”

Reckon I’ll be quiet for a little while I work on all that.  I have to catch up with Caspian Sub’s articles too.  (Caspian Sub’s a Yahoo group about Axis and Allies, for those not familiar with those rascally rabbits)

Signing off for now - with my typical tongue-in-cheek humor -

Coincidence?

Or . . . conspiracy?  :lol:

(It really was just a coincidence.)

==

(edit) - just checked Amazon prices on 50th edition, and it’s $900!  Revised is at $134!  And 1942’s at $20.  So I reckon I’d better write for 1942 in hopes of hitting a bigger target audience.

Yeah, I called you a target.  Jolly good, wot wot?

• Caspian Sub has dissolved itself.

You should check out Europe and Pacific 1940.

• Well if Amazon is too high, go to eBay. And if you ask around the boards, some players might have a few AA50 boards lying around. Talk to Gargantua.

• Just Got Pacific and Europe 40 for 135.00 for both with free shipping from Amazon.

• '10

@Bunnies:

Thanks for the welcome back, Fox.  Reckon I’d better order myself a set of 50th anniversary & start analyzing it.  After analysis, I can start writing me some hot articles.  Yeah, you know how my editorial style’s all like Johnny Storm; “flame on!”

Reckon I’ll be quiet for a little while I work on all that.  I have to catch up with Caspian Sub’s articles too.  (Caspian Sub’s a Yahoo group about Axis and Allies, for those not familiar with those rascally rabbits)

Signing off for now - with my typical tongue-in-cheek humor -

Coincidence?

Or . . . conspiracy?   :lol:

(It really was just a coincidence.)

==

(edit) - just checked Amazon prices on 50th edition, and it’s $900!  Revised is at $134!  And 1942’s at $20.  So I reckon I’d better write for 1942 in hopes of hitting a bigger target audience.

Yeah, I called you a target.  Jolly good, wot wot?

Just print out ILs AA50 map, print out the AA50 rules online and purchase a copy of AAP40 and a copy of AAE40 and you will have all you ever will need.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Man the prices on Amazon.com for Axis and Allies are outrageous!  Must be something wrong…

900 for anniversary
    200 for old europe
    200 for revised
    189 for classic… wtf ?

• '10

@Gargantua:

Man the prices on Amazon.com for Axis and Allies are outrageous!  Must be something wrong…

900 for anniversary
    200 for old europe
    200 for revised
    189 for classic… wtf ?

I think that would be called greed!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m