Rules i don't quite understand (PLEASE HELP)

• Hello everyone who loves playing A&A I have a few questions about the game which I’ve played two times now.

1. How long is the game time in average?
       - Because i’ve been finding myself playing this with 4 other people and it takes atleast 6hrs

2. How does the bomb raids work?
       - For me they seem super overpowered since my friends say that i cannot use the AAA-guns
         in the territory nor the planes close by when the enemy attempts a bombing raid.

3. How does the scramble with fighters work?
       - Can I only scramble fighters to a territory or sea zone which a territory is adjacent to?

4. How to help out Allies in the game?
       - If I’m playing the Germany can I then move a fighter to Italy and then Italy can use the
         fighter in their turn if they for example want to attack, or do I have to attack in my turn?

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Gille
    Sounds as if you’re playing Global 40 ? Or Pacific or Europe 40 ? Anyway Global takes a long time. Probably need a weekend to get through it.

For Strategic Bombing Raids, you can only intercept with fighters that are in the territory being bombed. Your factories and bases have built in AAGuns. Each Bomber or Tac Bomber that makes it past any Interceptors will undergo “1” AA shot before dropping their bombs. So the ones you use in normal combat don’t fire.

You can only scramble up to “3” fighters or Tacs to an adjacent sea zone as long as you have a operational Air Base. If Allied planes are present they have the option to scramble as well. You still can only scramble 3 max. For Interceptors above you can send as many as you have.

You can only use your own units to attack with. Allied units do defend together.

I’m sure someone else will chime in with a better explanation

• Barney’s answers to your first three questions may be sufficient but perhaps not the last one?

A German fighter in Italy is still a German fighter. It attacks in Germany’s turn and not therefore in concert with Italian units.

However multinational forces defend together, so that German fighter would help to defend whatever territory or sea zone It is in. But your question was about attack.

All of which Barney said, but just wanted to make sure it as clear for you.

• Thanks it is totally understandable!

But what do you mean when you say “Interceptors above”?

just another one, does the Aircraft Carrier count as an airbase, because if it does you dont have to count the sea zone it is placed in as a move right? also it would give a boost of movement speed?

Also on a bombing raid, if i bring in fighters and tactical bombers and my opponent does decide to scramble, do every single of my planes get a dice roll against his scrambled fighters? and the oppotunity to do the raid?

• '17 '16 '15

“Interceptors” refers to fighters in a defensive air battle role.

You don’t count the sea zone you’re in for movement when flying off a carrier. It doesn’t boost movement. You can’t move the carrier and then launch your planes to extend their range.

On a SBR your planes will all get “1” roll regardless of the number of defending fighters. Any hits are applied to the defending fighters.

SBR is a little different than a scramble from air base. SBR the defender can launch as many fighters as he has, including allied ones. They only partake in the air battle that happens before the bombers drop their bombs. For a scramble you can launch fighters or Tacs, allied included, but only up to 3 and only to sea zones that are adjacent to a territory with an operative air base. They take part in the regular combat.

• '19 '17 '16

Regarding SBR, I agree that the rules are somewhat broken. Fighters should attack and defend on a 2. If you’re playing with tech you have to decide if jet fighters should be 3 or 4.

That is by far the best house rule you could come up with.

@barney:

You don’t count the sea zone you’re in for movement when flying off a carrier. It doesn’t boost movement. You can’t move the carrier and then launch your planes to extend their range.

Although if a different nation’s planes are on a carrier there is still a loophole, although that has its own limitations.

• '18 '17 '16

Gille. This video will teach you everything you need to know about strategic bombing raids;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9-CFOzBPE

• '17 '16 Customizer

I created a rule deck, its very detailed, yet very easy to understand, things are broken down into simple stages. Even if you don’t print the deck, you can read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267lX2jsqMM

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m