Money question for the boardgame.

• For axis and allies the boardgame, if I dont use some money in one turn (say i have 25, and buy 2 fighters), does that dollar left over get saved? or is it just wasted money?

• All the money that is not spent in a single round is saved for subsequent rounds. you can create some imaginative (but rarely good) stratgies by saving up some cash from one or more rounds and buying a huge force.

• you cant if your using the house rule that says you cant, this is considered more historicly accurate

• @GeZe:

you cant if your using the house rule that says you cant, this is considered more historicly accurate

Can you elaborate on the house rule? I’m not familiar with the historical context either. Sounds interesting…

• All the money that is not spent in a single round is saved for subsequent rounds. you can create some imaginative (but rarely good) stratgies by saving up some cash from one or more rounds and buying a huge force.

Heh, heh, heh… very big Navy. 8)

Can you elaborate on the house rule? I’m not familiar with the historical context either. Sounds interesting…

I’m not sure either. A lot of units take longer time to build than others. Whereas ARM might take 1 turn to build, a BB might take 2. I would consider that MORE historically accurate.

• I’m just saying that some people think it is more accurate, The most accurate in my opinun is taking a couple of turns to build stuff and the thing thats in the game that i am making wich is that there are reasorce tokens and you put them on the territories on which they are made.

• Then again we don’t know how long each turn actually is? 1 month? 1 year? What? :-?

• I think the average round contains enough combat and troop movement to cover roughly 3 months, give or take a few.

• ya its 3 months in the game im making

• Hmmmm… three months to take karelia…

• 3 mounths to take hiwi

• If you guys are assuming that a round is roughly three months than almost any unit could be built in real time in that period of time. I have a book on Panzer Tanks and even the most powerful tank could field a full battalion in a little over three months. And when talking battleships, if it was a German pocket Battleship I believe it could be made in three months. You have to remember that most industries in these countries were geared almost completely to the war effort. :D :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m