Different 'generations' of chips

• '17

I received a “lot” of various AA pieces I purchased on eBay that included gray and red chips that don’t ‘stack’ together correctly with some other chips that I have.  I do know about the 1914 chips being different, but does anyone know if any other variations within the chips used in AA games?

Thanks!

• The chips of 1914 match those of 1942 sec edition.

1941 has cardboardchips

• The easiest way to distinguish the new-style plastic chips from the older model is that the new chips are stamped with the “Axis&Allies” logo in their centre.  The older chips have plain centres.  The stacking incompatibility comes from the fact that the older chips have a large number of fine ridges around their edge, while the newer ones have a smaller number of larger ridges.

• Customizer

Sometimes you will find that the older grey and red chips don’t always “stack and lock” just try and find chips of the same shades of reds and greys. I recently combined some used editions in to my “super set” and found this problem. I think however if you have a large amount of pieces and chips this really isn’t that big of a deal.

1914 and 42SE have chips that are specific to either edition which like CWOMarc stated are very distinct and incompatible with other chips in the series.

• '17

Thanks for the replies.  The chips in question have ‘fine’ ridges, like the normal chips, not the ‘coarse’ ridges as found in 1914 and 1942.2.  I was originally reluctant to put them in the mix with my other chips that I know fit together, but I suppose if I’m not building skyscraper stacks, it’ll be fine.  :wink:

Thanks again for all of the help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m