• My father told me of a story of my grandfather occupation of Germany.

My grandfather fell in love with a German women, a widow of a SS Panzer officer. He spoke of this women often, and spoke of the handsome man in photograph dressed in a black uniform who died on the Eastern Front, that was placed on her fireplace mantle.

I never knew this story until today.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@ABWorsham:

My father told me of a story of my grandfather occupation of Germany.

My grandfather fell in love with a German women, a widow of a SS Panzer officer. He spoke of this women often, and spoke of the handsome man in photograph dressed in a black uniform who died on the Eastern Front, that was placed on her fireplace mantle.

I never knew this story until today.

It always cool to learn about your family’s history. Especially, something you hadn’t heard before. Did they get married to each other or did he ever hear from her after the war?

• No they were not married, he came back to Texas and married. I think he regretted not marrying her.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@ABWorsham:

No they were not married, he came back to Texas and married. I think he regretted not marrying her.

Wow, that must have been hard for him. Thanks for sharing his story. :-)

• Thank you Worsham. Must have been a shock to hear that.
    Did you ask your father why he waited until now to tell you this story? And where in Germany was your grandfather when he fell in love with this woman?

• Your Grandfather did good ABWorsham, thanks for sharing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m