• How many of you watched WWII in HD? What were thoughts on the show?

• Its been a while since anything reasonable and actual historical has appeared on the history channel. I enjoy its WW2 footage, much of which I have never seen before, but the commentary is awful and particularly uninteligent thus ruining the experience. I watch the show muted.

• 2007 AAR League

wasnt bad.

i dont watch the history channel too much anymore.  it was taken over by ******around 2000.  i hate PC sanitized history and ********* specials.  anyone notice their commercials have the MOST ******* celebrities they can find.  whoopi, damon, clooney, martin sheen, gerafalo, etc etc etc

these people ruined the history channel of any good programming.  these ******* labeled it the “hitler network” b/c i guess they showed the german army in a neutral light and praised the german armies ability too much for some.

Edit: Let’s not include hidden messages (political) in your posts. What happens is people who are on the other side start a flame war.

• As soon as the novelty of the color footage wore off I didn’t find it especially interesting.

• The show did a great job in captureing the ugly personal face of war. I agree with  Emperor_Taiki the commentary was poorly done.

• well the commentary was supposed to be the people telling their story.  They’re not professional writers or anything (ok, except for the reporters…  :-P)

However, the point was to get the ‘average’ persons experience of the war, IMHO.  It wasn’t necessarily meant to ‘teach’ the history of the war, etc.

So from that persepctive, it was OK.

• History Channel used to be much better and now they have shows that have nothing to do with history. It just pisses me off.

• @Brain:

History Channel used to be much better and now they have shows that have nothing to do with history. It just pisses me off.

I like Monster Quest, but it has no place on the History Channel. And what is the deal with all the U.F.O related topics?

• Or Modern Marvels or Ice Road Truckers or …… The list goes on and on.

• The show did have one stat that amazed me. Only 10% of WWII veterans remain! If any of you know of any WWII vets, take the time to sit down and listen to the stories.

• wow, only 10 percent? my granpa didnt do anything exciting. he says he never saw combat.

• @balungaloaf:

Edit: Let’s not include hidden messages (political) in your posts. What happens is people who are on the other side start a flame war.

:lol:

This is exactly what I talk about with the bias around here.  B isn’t starting a flame war, but someone who responds to that nonsense is?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the WW2 in HD is on Xbox Live.  I watched the preview and was tempted to get it, but since I don’t own an HD TV, it would be semipointless.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m