Friends - I'm in trouble - and I need your help

• @Gargantua:

FYI EVERYONE!!!

Larry Harris just joined us and donated!

I’ve met Larry Harris in person. He seemed like a genuine, good man. Easy to like and trust. His recent action reinforces my opinion of his personality and character.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well he stood to be counted amongst the troops - that’s for sure.

And he called our bunch “best and brightest!”

Perhaps I’ll post the email!

• Garg, You should use this WW2 Propaganda poster:

And I wish the best of luck for Mr. Bear!

• So who is the other person bestowing thanks upon donators on your fundrazr page?  Family?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Very cool… love the photo!

@Jermofoot:

So who is the other person bestowing thanks upon donators on your fundrazr page?  Family?

Amanda…

Let’s just say it’s a little complicated ;) but that she loves the dog as much as I do, and is the only reason I even had the pleasure of knowing Bear.

• If you don’t get enough funds, will the veterinarian carry the balance and allow you to make some payment plan?

@Imperious:

If you don’t get enough funds, will the veterinarian carry the balance and allow you to make some payment plan?

Up until now, all the Vets have all worked on a half now and half upon completion basis. They don’t finance period.

I believe their fear is that if things don’t go well with your animal, that people abandon the animal, or the payments. It’s probably a valid concern.

In terms of other financing, the bank was also incredibly unexcited about loaning me the money for the dog. I probably should have lied and “bought a car”, but that’s fraud :S.

I’ve invested roughly $1,500 so far - just to get the diagnosis and the referrals etc, and fortunately, due to the generosity of everyone, we’ve raised enough capital to see the Neurologist today, and get whatever scans (CT or MRI) are required.

The surgery is beyond that, and we won’t know what that will cost, or how much more we’ll need, until we’ve got the scans behind us.

As soon as the Oncologist told me that it could be up to $8,000 more to get all the way through this, that I was in trouble. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate all of you being in this thing with me.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

@Gargantua:

To celebrate the incredible teamwork so far - I threw this together for fun.

I don’t think I’ve missed anyone, but there are a few anonymous donors… so I can’t say for sure.

Buzz me to get in before we’re out of spots on this photo!

This is outstanding!!! Of course I’m the grunt holding the cig, haha.  Check out all the landing craft in the background. Awesome idea Garg with Bear in the middle…priceless!

• '10

@Gargantua:

@Canuck12:

I’m in France at the moment and one day a year everybody goes to work and donates their pay for that day to the elderly to purchase air conditioners and new appliances and generally things to make their lives more comfortable. It’s called “the day of solidarity.”

In light of the recent unfortunate circumstances to befall Mr. Bear and Joel I propose those who can, work June 6th (D-Day) for Mr Bear. It’s one day to help save a life and if we all pitch in we can do it.

This June 6th I will be fighting all day in France to save a life! (Donating my day’s wage for Mr. Bear’s Surgery) Who’s with me!?

Wow Kyle… Thank you… I don’t know what else to say!! Mr. Bear and I look forward to spending a day with you when you get back home.

Thank you…

We’re going to be looking just like them right after this surgery gentlemen.

Is that Ira Hayes sitting on the far left?

• I suggest to put up something on You Tube and link back to the donation site. But make sure the supporting documents are available as well.

Just got an update on Bear.

He’s going for his MRI now, and whilst under the same anesthetic, they may proceed with Surgery TODAY.  I still have no information as to what this means financially, all the details are still being worked out.

Please - please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and thank-you for coming along this journey with us.

• While I am not in a position to give anything financially at the moment (that may change)I send all the moral and emotional support (healing waves) that I can, Mr. Bear will be in our prayers, Good Luck!

• @Gargantua:

He’s going for his MRI now, and whilst under the same anesthetic, they may proceed with Surgery TODAY.  I still have no information as to what this means financially, all the details are still being worked out.

Please - please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and thank-you for coming along this journey with us.

Will Do!

• @Gargantua:

It should save some money. One of the biggest expenses when my cat had surgery was the anesthetic. The vets fees for her expertise were pretty reasonable but the meds and tests just sucked up all kinds of loot.

Hope everything went well.

The scan results didn’t come in in time, so they bumped the surgery to today.

Its 7:30am now, and surgery (4 hours long) begins at 10:00am.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.

• Good luck!

Well gentleman… it’s been a roller coaster.

Look at this picture of the before… we were told Bear was down to “weeks” of life, and that they thought they’d only get 60% of the tumor, and extend his life by a few more months.

:(

Made the call to go into the surgery (Much higher risk than we initially thought it would be), because all of you were committed to this campaign as much as I am, and I know you weren’t taking no for an answer.

Before.JPG

Now look at the after!

Dr. Chen managed to get better than 90%+ of the tumor.  Which means that Bear’s life expectancy is extended even farther, and now has the option of still going for a “cure” scenario, which is that we hit the area with a series of Radiation over 3 weeks.

Fortunately, radiation is not like chemo, and doesn’t make the dog sick, and because it’s a veterinary school, someone is willing to house Bear for 3 weeks whilst he gets the treatments, reducing the cost to $3,000 for the whole program.

Because of this miraculous medical success, and because of your tremendous support, I’m doubling down and pushing forward for the treatment. So far I’ve been matched in this campaign dollar for dollar. I’m going to do whatever I have to do to get it done, so long as there are things to do.

Also - Bear’s recovering is going remarkably well… because of the pressure on the brain the doctor was VERY concerned about Mr. Bear neurologically.  So far, he is recovering without issue, and there is a video of him walking around outside today! less than 24 hours from surgery!

Gentlemen, I am so honored that you’ve made this stand with me.  YOU made today possible.  Without your financial support my efforts to save Mr. Bear would have been stopped butt-cold.

Way to stick it to the forces of cancer.  I am so privileged to call you my friends.

After.JPG

• Awesome news! Glad to hear that he’s doing good and the surgery went rather well!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m