Which movie sequel was the WORST?

• @empireman:

Star Wars 7, already know its gonna be horrible….

Do you believe that Disney will look at some of Lucas’ failures in the newest three films and not follow in those errors?
    I hope for a good new series.

• @ABWorsham:

@empireman:

Star Wars 7, already know its gonna be horrible….

Do you believe that Disney will look at some of Lucas’ failures in the newest three films and not follow in those errors?
    I hope for a good new series.

JJ is a hack. He is a barely competent purveyor of product cinema. His films are consistently underwhelming. He is however a terrific marketer and generates lots and lots of hype. Hype puts asses in seats. Hype makes people think things were better than they were to justify how much they bought into the hype.

Here’s a line from a review on the new Trek film which has released abroad already,

Link to review. Spoilers.

******Spoiler warning. ******

"That Into Darkness still has a tendency to warp its own logic is also a problem. While plot-holes can be forgiven when Abrams is hurtling his audience through space at breakneck speed, the final act descends into the sort of fan-service that throws the arbitrary nature of certain narrative decisions into much harsher relief. "

Really, doesn’t give me high hopes for Episode 7. Maybe that’s just Orci and Kurtzman who won’t be writing Episode 7. Judging from JJ’s Trek pics he does seem to have a good idea what makes for a good Star Wars movie. I really hope I’m wrong and JJ excels at Star Wars and that keeps him in a galaxy far far away from Star Trek.

• Customizer

I wanted a Star Wars 7 where Luke turns back to the Darkside, start talking in a British accent and builds a new Evil Empire.

With Disney it’ll probably be more like Episode 1.

• @Kreuzfeld:

I recently got hooked on this movie series called “star wars”. The first three where fantastic with light sabres modern cgi effects and great writing. The I get to the 4th movie, and it seems like the budget have taken a turn for the worse. No fancy cgi, instead they have started using men and children inside suits. I could have forgiven that, but they seem to have decided to remove the funniest character of the franchise, which I previously believed was the only reason this series was allowed to continue. His name is Jar Jar Binks, and his HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILARIOUS, really most awesome character on the silver screen since the god father.  For some reason it seems that the director have continued making the series for a full 6 movies, and a 7th one is in the making. I can only hope he will save this series which really have steadily become worse since star wars 1.

Have anyone of you seen these movies? Lets make an internet campaign to save this franchise.

Downright trolling from here. One of my fav series

• wow, I cant look at this thread anymore because of that pic……

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Let me bring it back…

!CLEAR!

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Thanks Garg, but I already jacked off tonight…. Er I mean… Got laid with someone hotter… (yeah… that’s what they should think!)

I voted for The Matrix sequel(s) because it was so completely unnecessary and followed one of the most revolutionary movies of all time with a pointless cash grab. (My only hope is that some of that cash funded Cloud Atlas which was again revolutionary.)

But you forgot what I thought was far FAR FAR waorse than Alien Resurrection: Prometheus

I never saw the new Indiana Jones because I heard what it had done to the franchise. If it was anything even close the the giant steaming pile of re-eaten-dog-poo-vomit that was Prometheus. Then I must really begin to wonder why great directors want to go eat dog shit and then vomit it all over their previous masterpieces.

Prometheus was the worst sequel I have ever seen.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Prometheus wasn’t a sequel.

At best it was a “prequel”… ;)

• @Gargantua:

Prometheus wasn’t a sequel.

At best it was a “prequel”… ;)

Prometheus kept crawling up its own backside. Best execution of a downright awful script I’ve ever seen.

• hmm…  whats with all the picture posts in the discussion thread???
    but they seem to be getting better…

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I didn’t want to read any comments on Into Darkness for fear of getting any spoiler tidbit. Let me just say I was stunned (not in a good way) by the third act. I could forgive the plot holes and shortcuts but the shameless recycling was unforgivable. Not looking forward to the most obvious sequel of the last 20 years.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m