1940 Global table & painted pieces

• Greatness…take the rest of the week off!

BTW, I think you’re in the Austin area, would love to play a global game sometime, me and my son +1

• '14 '13

@infinite:

Greatness…take the rest of the week off!

BTW, I think you’re in the Austin area, would love to play a global game sometime, me and my son +1

Thanks, I will submit my vacation request to my supervisors, LOL. And yes, I do live in the Austin area, Cedar Park to be exact. I have a few other military guys that  come over from time to time. I am sure we can work something out. I will be in touch.

• Great idea!

• jluna1273, that is awesome. And I thought my magnetic victory city flags were cool!

• Damn you.  Now I feel the overwhelming urge to do that with my topographical table …. argh.

• @jluna1273:

I couldn’t resist. With the help of one of my boys, we have taken on the task of lighting up the Victory Cities. We found a two color LED that changes from red to green when you reverse the polarity. We then connected a toggle switch for each that will allow the color to be changed if you lose your city to the enemy. Each country will control the toggle switch for their respective cities. (Red for Axis, Green for Allies)

Wow – I think some new adjectives need to be invented to express the sheer coolness of this idea!

• '14 '13

Thanks, Chief and everyone else, of course, for the comments.

• '14 '13

Done with the toggle switch covers on the Axis side. The stain should be completely dry by tomorrow, so I can apply city labels above the switches. Allies have way more cities, and that begins tomorrow.

victory city 3.jpg

• Customizer

Im sure this table is going to be one of the great envys of A&A.org man! Pretty sweet!

• '14 '13

@infinite:

Infinite Jester, just curious if you are the same person who sent me a message on FB back on July 3rd.

• '14 '13

Working on Allied side to start running the wiring and lights.

victory city 4.jpg

• Customizer

When this gets finished we gotta see your table all set up. This is pretty innovative.

• Yep, it took me awhile to figure out that you post here

@jluna1273:

@infinite:

Infinite Jester, just curious if you are the same person who sent me a message on FB back on July 3rd.

• '14 '13

Almost done. All I have left to do are the 5 cities belonging to the United Kingdom. The other 14 are complete.

Victory City 5.jpg

• Great progress!  This project is an interesting reverse-twist on Churchill’s famous wartime remark that “the lights are going out all over Europe” – in this case, they’re coming on all over Europe (and the rest of the world too).

• Customizer

Guys,

@CWO:

Great progress!  This project is an interesting reverse-twist on Churchill’s famous wartime remark that “the lights are going out all over Europe” – in this case, they’re coming on all over Europe (and the rest of the world too).

––Pardon me for saying so but the pics look like the lights are Red making a lot of new “Red Light Districts” all over the world. I would have expected the “Great Gargantua” to have said this. Sorry, but I just couldn’t help myself. (GRIN)

“Tall Paul”

• '14 '13

@Tall:

Guys,

––Pardon me for saying so but the pics look like the lights are Red making a lot of new “Red Light Districts” all over the world. I would have expected the “Great Gargantua” to have said this. Sorry, but I just couldn’t help myself. (GRIN)

“Tall Paul”

Ha ha, good one.

• @Tall:

We can also update an old Cold War slogan, and combine it with a reference to the kind of lighting technology that is being used on this table, to produce the phrase “Better LED than Red!”

• Customizer

Guys,

@CWO:

@Tall:

We can also update an old Cold War slogan, and combine it with a reference to the kind of lighting technology that is being used on this table, to produce the phrase “Better LED than Red!”

––“Classic!”  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• '14 '13

Worked on these while training at Camp Parks, CA. Our nights were free, so this is what one does to stay out of trouble. Now that I am back home, I should have all my cities lit and ready for this weekend’s game.

US Naval Fleet.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m